Minford @ Burg --- 1/8

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Re: Minford @ Burg --- 1/8

Post by NewEra »

McBee rolled his ankle on the 2nd play, he was favoring it even walking as he returned back to Minford. He did a good job playing through it and using other aspects of his game to help the team get the win.

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

NewEra wrote:McBee rolled his ankle on the 2nd play, he was favoring it even walking as he returned back to Minford. He did a good job playing through it and using other aspects of his game to help the team get the win.
I noticed he was injured but didn't know what happened. McBee did do an excellent job playing through it and using other aspects of his game to contribute to the win.

McCray had an awesome game! Minford should feed him the ball every game! I do not think there is anyone that can match up to him. Howard & Rowe did a great job containing D.Miller. Stapleton also did a great job playing his role, bringing the ball up the court, & getting the ball into McCray!

I'm seeing improvement in the Falcons each game!! Keep up the work boys!!

Congrats to the Falcons on the win!
Last edited by Falcon Fury on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

eagles 89
Waterboy

Post by eagles 89 »

Playing behind him allows him to keep backing down until he gets the position that he wants anyway. Im not sure that many kids can hold their ground and force him to post up farther out than he wants. He is an absolute beast on the block and the Minford kid did a nice job of getting him the ball. He did get some easy looks, but Im not not convinced that he doesnt get easy looks if you play behind him. I guess you could double down on him, but then you are scrambling to cover outstanding perimeter players. He is the most dominant player I have seen in S.O.C. play.........He demands a lot of attention and he has really good perimeter players who will throw him the ball every time down the court and make defenses try to guard him. It must be nice to have someone that good in the post to allow the other players to stand out on the perimeter and take open jump shots. They look like they can run the table the rest of the way and win the S.O.C. or at least a share of it

OldBaller
Waterboy

Post by OldBaller »

I was very impressed by the falcons last night. Those coaches did an excellent job and Minford looks like a dominant team. They should be undefeated in league play, but it looks as though they have things worked out and are getting better each time out. They appear to have a good chance to win out in league play, if they can win at valley, and should make a great tourny run, provided everyone stays healthy. They just might end up winning the region and making a trip to the final four.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Like I said, shouldnt be that close but figured it would be. Congrats to the falcons on the W. I am not so sure I would be predicting an undefeated leauge record as every team but Northwest is capable on a given night of beating the Falcons, especially if they do not shoot well or if the other team has enough size to slow McCray. As to the tourney, the Falcons are in a brutal sectional and depending on their draw may have to play well to make it out of the sectional (they should but just saying it won't be easy)

Good luck to both teams moving forward.

FaberGrad62
JV Team

Post by FaberGrad62 »

eagles 89 wrote:Playing behind him allows him to keep backing down until he gets the position that he wants anyway. Im not sure that many kids can hold their ground and force him to post up farther out than he wants. He is an absolute beast on the block and the Minford kid did a nice job of getting him the ball. He did get some easy looks, but Im not not convinced that he doesnt get easy looks if you play behind him. I guess you could double down on him, but then you are scrambling to cover outstanding perimeter players. He is the most dominant player I have seen in S.O.C. play.........He demands a lot of attention and he has really good perimeter players who will throw him the ball every time down the court and make defenses try to guard him. It must be nice to have someone that good in the post to allow the other players to stand out on the perimeter and take open jump shots. They look like they can run the table the rest of the way and win the S.O.C. or at least a share of it

I agree, he is a beast and knows what to do with the ball when he gets it but I would have taken my chances of having him try to back down into the lane and you might get a cheap charge or two called on him that would have gotten him out of the game. Also, maybe he would have gotten frustrated if he gets a couple of fouls on him and then plays a little more tentatively. He made 10 FG's. He shot 10 layups. Not jumpshots. Layups!!!!!!!!

I was impressed with Minford up until the end of the game. They kind of lost there cool. Chucking up wild three's and missed some big free throw's. A good team will let the other team hang around. A great team will bury you and not let there be a chance for you to comeback.

Return to “Boys Basketball”