VC Suffers it's Second Loss

cable_hogue
Waterboy

Re: VC Suffers it's Second Loss

Post by cable_hogue »

vctransplant wrote:Wow. I didnt mean to get such a weird discussion going. And who is this cable......whatever guy. A bit of a rattle snake. What does that mean? Sounds to me like he is the part of the male body that some guys refer to as their snake. No need to disrespectful cableguy you are entitled to your opinion and it is valued here on SEOP. There are a lot of good and knowledgable people on here. They will love to talk sports with you but not if you are a jerk. Keep going the way you are going you will be talking to yourself.
I am cable hogue! A guy left to die in the desert and not only survived; flourished by finding water. There is a movie about me, well a ballad anyway! I am previously from Ravenswood West VA. a town in Jackson County WVa; so named as the ohio county I live in now off chillicpthe pike. I have folllowed and read posts on this forum for years as a guest. I just recently became a member.
Why can other posters state thier opinions on here, and no hassle? Someone new joins the disscussion and ads his input and is categorized as a jerk; if the shoe fits transplant it!
WELL LOOKS LIKE I My have stirred up a hornets nest; cool. :lol:
I just like snakes, espesially rattle snakes. Think of the song by Ritchie Valens "La Bamba" some folks nicknamed the song a Bit of a Rattle Snake because it could jump up and bite you. Apparently some of you have been struck by my snake and writings. You just need to suck out the poison and take your medicine.

:aaaaa99 "A BIT OF A RATTLE SNAKE"

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

That made my eyes bleed.

cable_hogue
Waterboy

Post by cable_hogue »

Ironman92 wrote:That made my eyes bleed.

GOOD FOR YOU, YOU MUST BE PROUD!
Ironman? You must be from Jackson too because I saw your boys basketball team get thumped by Vinton County tonite.
Like I say you must be proud! :aaaaa6

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

Keep on posting cable_ hoque , your views and opinions are welcomed here.

lebasketball
Riding the Bench

Post by lebasketball »

First of all i had the pleasure of sitting next to Dundas at the convo last year during the Waverly Fairfield Union game. What a nice guy he is.

I am a transplant Waverly fan after playing on some successful Logan Elm teams. They one thing i noticed watching Vinton County this year that was missing from the past was the in your face make your oppenent uncomfortable defense. Waverly was missing their point guard to illness and 2 guard to an injury and i would of thought Vinton county would have applied more pressure to our guards. We did a good job of having 28 turnovers on our own but not many of those were forced. It was a 10 point win for Vinton County but when good teams have a chance they should run the other team out of the gym. I didn't see that killer instinct from Vinton County this year.

McArthur General
Waterboy

Post by McArthur General »

I will tell you why we lost to PV. The All-Buffet Crew that pretended to be officials did an absolutely terrible job. We had three starters foul out. I can't remember in my Viking lifetime when that happen before, if it did at all. I wish someone would tell these idiots that no one is there to see them. Maybe I am not being fair, PV shot incredibly well, VC played the night before and PV didn't, but it does not excuse how terrible these quote unquote professionals are. The southeast district is full of these guys, arrogant and self-absorbed. Horrible.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

McArthur General wrote:I will tell you why we lost to PV. The All-Buffet Crew that pretended to be officials did an absolutely terrible job. We had three starters foul out. I can't remember in my Viking lifetime when that happen before, if it did at all. I wish someone would tell these idiots that no one is there to see them. Maybe I am not being fair, PV shot incredibly well, VC played the night before and PV didn't, but it does not excuse how terrible these quote unquote professionals are. The southeast district is full of these guys, arrogant and self-absorbed. Horrible.
There are too many of them....and they can really sway a game, the good ones can do it without much noise.

cable hogue.....way to hit me where it hurts. I've watched Jackson basketball since 1984 and have witnessed but 1 league title (my class, junior year)....Jackson athletes don't play basketball and even when they do we still aren't very good. Not anything that keeps me from going to watch them. We could very well go 0-23. Meh

cable_hogue
Waterboy

Post by cable_hogue »

sorry for the kids. no one that works hard deserve to go o-23. I now live in Jackson, so maybe need to join a fan base here.
I love baseball above all high school sports, and then football; which I hear are usually strong points for the Ironmen.
Maybe the Ironladies can reverse the boys basketball record and go 28 or 29 and zero, not as far fetched as it seems.
At Athens will be a big hurdle, win that one and then the sky is the limit.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

McArthur General wrote:I will tell you why we lost to PV. The All-Buffet Crew that pretended to be officials did an absolutely terrible job. We had three starters foul out. I can't remember in my Viking lifetime when that happen before, if it did at all. I wish someone would tell these idiots that no one is there to see them. Maybe I am not being fair, PV shot incredibly well, VC played the night before and PV didn't, but it does not excuse how terrible these quote unquote professionals are. The southeast district is full of these guys, arrogant and self-absorbed. Horrible.
Ouch! That's a little harsh. However, I will say that they didn't have their best game. Vinton County lost because they simply did not sit down and guard anybody, which led to panicked offensive possessions. But it is behind us and we will learn from it.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The Athens game is a big one.....but they want to win the SEOAL....it slipped past them last year and just missed the year before due to 2 last second buzzer-beaters.

Jackson baseball should be solid....but right now the only reigning league champion team at Jackson is the softball team......hopefully the girls basketball joins and other jump on also.

Jackson has a little time left with good girl athletes....but from the high school boys down to at least 3rd grade....a very good number of boy athletes.....we'll see how Jackson fares over the next decade.

cable_hogue
Waterboy

Post by cable_hogue »

It's always easy to blame the refs, but in some cases they can hurt the better team by make them think about what they are going to call instead of the players thinking about playing basketball.
I went to the Vinton County @ Jackson game in person, and the refs were not a factor at all ( Still maintained control). They allowed the teams to play; which made it possible for the better team to dictate who would win.
I WAS NOT AT VINTON COUNTY WHEN THEY PLAYED PAINT VALLEY, BUT HEARD THE REFS CALLED EVERYTHING WHICH
ALTEREDTHE COURSE OF THE GAME, ESPECIALLY IN THE SECOND HALF. The refs are like the weather, one must take the good with the bad.

"A BIT OF A RATTLE SNAKE"

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

Who were the officials?

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Lightfoot, Rawlins, and Cook.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ohhhh!

The only referee I've ever heard react and yell back into the crowd during a game. Girls game and one of the moms of a bench player gives him a "you're the worst ref I've ever seen".....and during the semi fast break he looks at her in the 4th row and yells back "and you're the worst fan I've ever seen"

Some crews have a knack of calling every foul underneath to one team (always resulting in foul shots and call nothing underneath on the other but calling fouls around the perimeter to keep the foul totals close)
I

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

cable_hogue wrote:

It's always easy to blame the refs, but in some cases they can hurt the better team by make them think about what they are going to call instead of the players thinking about playing basketball.
I went to the Vinton County @ Jackson game in person, and the refs were not a factor at all ( Still maintained control). They allowed the teams to play; which made it possible for the better team to dictate who would win.
I WAS NOT AT VINTON COUNTY WHEN THEY PLAYED PAINT VALLEY, BUT HEARD THE REFS CALLED EVERYTHING WHICH
ALTEREDTHE COURSE OF THE GAME, ESPECIALLY IN THE SECOND HALF. The refs are like the weather, one must take the good with the bad.

"A BIT OF A RATTLE SNAKE"
Certainly not essential....and there are several good ones that probably didn't much....but 2 of the 3 refs in the VC/Jackson game were very active athletes in school and one even in college...other has a state championship as a coach. Those guys allow a flow to a game and control the game well when need be. The knowledge and experience of how the game flows seems to help a good bit.

I've seen Bob Grillo come out of the stands to do an intense 8th grade game by himself and miss nary a call and I've seen crews with multiple HOFers seemingly overwhelm a scrimmage.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Well,...let's be honest, Bob Grillo is a super-hero.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

hawkeyepierce wrote:Well,...let's be honest, Bob Grillo is a super-hero.
You need some toast for all that butter?

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Why do they call them "The All-Buffett Crew"?

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

greatone wrote:Why do they call them "The All-Buffett Crew"?

Just a guess, but I'd say they might be on Golden Corral's "charge double list." ;-)

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

OHHHHHH. okay lol

Return to “Boys Basketball”