SHAC(SHL) 2015-16 Predictions

mustang64
Waterboy

Re: SHAC(SHL) 2015-16 Predictions

Post by mustang64 »

Manchester and Peebles both had trouble shooting. Manchester looked like they have improved from last year, especially on the defensive side. I don't think Peebles will be as good as everyone on here expects them to be. I know this was just the preview and there is a long season ahead, but you can tell losing Justice hurt them quite a bit.

Lynchburg looked like they had the best team on the floor tonight but I didn't get to watch Eastern/NA. Eastern seems to always contend for the division every year and I expect this year will be no different.

SHACFan
Freshman Team

Post by SHACFan »

Lynchburg was impressive, Peebles will be a team you do not want to play near the end of the year, a team who really surprised me was Manchester, looked pretty balanced besides a few ill-advised shots among other things that will have to be reeled in sooner rather than later. North Adams will continue to improve, West Union and Whiteoak played with a lot of energy and won't be a pushover. Fayetteville has a solid team with good experience, and Ripley likes to play a fast tempo so if they are hot they will be a tough out. Eastern was Eastern, fundamentally sound and will only get better.

royalsbeast
Waterboy

Post by royalsbeast »

Should be a competitive league this year..north adams/eastern was a decent game north adams played Lil sloppy and eastern played solid fundamental ball..Fayetteville/Ripley was a pretty close game with Ripley perimeter defense needing a Lil work...whiteoak/west union was intense,#10 from west union was the best player on the night performance wise..fairfield/Lynchburg,Lynchburg just used their size and played solid...manchester/peebles,peebles showed heart but without a justice on the court they showed no true scorer and manchester played solid defense,Lil sloppy on offense but young season for both teams..ready for the season

SHACFan
Freshman Team

Post by SHACFan »

SHAC Early Season Menu:

Nov. 27th - Ripley @ Batavia

Nov. 28th - Felicity Franklin @ Whiteoak

Miami Trace vs. Lynchburg Clay at Wilmington College

Fairfield vs. Clinton Massie

Eastern Brown vs. Blanchester

December 1st - Bethel at West Union

Clermont Northeastern at Whiteoak

Eastern Brown at Williamsburg

Fairfield at Georgetown

Fayetteville at Blanchester

Lucasville Valley at Manchester

Northwest at Ripley

Peebles at North Adams

SHACFan
Freshman Team

Post by SHACFan »

Tonight.

Batavia 58
Ripley 50
Final in overtime at Batavia.

BigPoppa77
Waterboy

Post by BigPoppa77 »

Eastern (Sardinia) over Blanchester 71-46 @ Ohio Valley Hoops Classic @ Wilmington College

SHACFan
Freshman Team

Post by SHACFan »

Tuesday SHAC Action. HUGE early match-up with Peebles and North Adams, will North Adams live up to the hype? Will Peebles be able to sustain success without Justice? shew tough opening game for Manchester, very difficult to come out of the gate with a team like Valley. How will the Dragons look under a new head coach who judging from the preview likes to play extremely fast, Eastern Brown continues their consistent play, Fayetteville should be able to get off to a strong start, I say flip a coin on Ripley and Northwest, Fairfield with a tough road opener.

December 1st - Bethel at West Union

Clermont Northeastern at Whiteoak

Eastern Brown at Williamsburg

Fairfield at Georgetown

Fayetteville at Blanchester

Lucasville Valley at Manchester

Northwest at Ripley

Peebles at North Adams

BigPoppa77
Waterboy

Post by BigPoppa77 »

Gonna be an interesting week for my Eastern Warriors as we play Lynchburg Tuesday 12/15 and Peebles Friday 12/18. Could go either way in both, but guaranteed to be some good games.

SHACFan
Freshman Team

Post by SHACFan »

Basketball is finally in full circle, I think that if Lynchburg beats Eastern handily, then the Mustangs just might be able to run the table. The interesting thing to me is the small schools division, that truly looks like a coin flip on any given night, this will be a fun season to watch as it continues to play out.

BigPoppa77
Waterboy

Post by BigPoppa77 »

Eastern will be the toughest defense Lyncburg has faced, very solid on that end. Offensively, not sure if my Warriors will keep up. Scoring has been great and horrible depending on the day.

Small school division is ver interesting. Still thinking NA to take off soon though.

SHACFan
Freshman Team

Post by SHACFan »

I agree with the North Adams statement, it just seams as if anyone can beat anyone, even Whiteoak is much improved and I feel will knock someone off sooner rather than later.

UKNate
Freshman Team

Post by UKNate »

If Eastern doesn't beat Lynchburg tomorrow night, I see Lynchburg going 22-0 barring injury and/or internal problems.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

Didn't Fayetteville just give Lynchburg and hard time? Heard it was a close game.

white thunder
Riding the Bench

Post by white thunder »

When Lynchburg played Fairfield (1-5) it was a close,highly contested game for 3 quarters at Lynchburg, then the depth of Lynchburg just ran away with it in the 4th but still only ended up winning by 16. Interested how they play against the better schools upcoming.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Peebles ,Lynchburg matchup looks to be showdown. Both playing well right now. When is their first game?

IndianChop
Riding the Bench

Post by IndianChop »

Jan 26 is the first meeting at Lynchburg then they play again the last game of the regular season for Peebles on Feb 12th

Ballboy09
Riding the Bench

Post by Ballboy09 »

Final

Lynchburg Clay 97
West Union. 44

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

I think it's Lynchburg vs Paint Valley this Tuesday.

bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

I believe Adams County Tourney Round 1 starts this week as well...Peebles v. West Union Tuesday I believe and Manchester v. North Adams Wednesday.

BigPoppa77
Waterboy

Post by BigPoppa77 »

Gotta man up and eat crow on Peebles. I was really impressed with their composure and execution vs Eastern Friday evening. They played Easterns game, only better, they shared the ball and played excellent D.

Think Peebles vs Lynchburg will be a very good game, however Lynchburgs depth will most likely work to their favor in this one.

Return to “Boys Basketball”