Waverly Holiday Classic !!

Lightle04
SE

Re: Waverly Holiday Classic !!

Post by Lightle04 »

Eastern hit shots and Piketon didn't Eastern ended the game on a 10-0 run . Great team deffense by the Eagles. Piketon is a very good team and will go on to have a great season. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

Rebounding played a big role in the win too. I believe the radio crew said Eastern out rebounded Piketon 32-21 with 16 offensive boards. Pickett and Murphy had 10 a piece.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Piketon lead by 10 with 2 minutes and change but Eastern fought back. Lands with 3 treys in the 4th and 2 FT's with 3.6 seconds to win it. Pickett had a big trey to cut it to 7 and jump start the comeback. Lands nailed a trey with .56 to play to cut the lead to one at 50-51. Piketon was called for a 5 second violation (inbounding) with .18 to play to give the ball back to Eastern.

Eastern was lead by Lands with 21 (19 last night) and was named the Tournament MVP
Murphy chipped in 10, Lightle 8, Fultz 5 (a big trey in the 4th), Pickett 5 (8 last night) and named to the all tournament team, Thacker 3.

Piketon was lead by Moore with 14, Z. Farmer 11 (33 last night) and named to the all tournament team, Brabson 10, J. Farmer 10, Brewster 6.

Waverly/Western was in the first dog fight of the night going to OT to settle it.
All the scoring in OT came at the Foul line. Shanks gave the Indians the first lead in OT by hitting the 2nd of two FT's (Westerns only point of the extra time). Heibel hit one of two with 1:48 to play to tie it up. White hit 2 FT's with 1:08 to play to give the Tigers a two point lead. Heibel then sealed the deal with 5.6 to play by hitting 2 FT's for the final 56-52.

Waverly was lead by White with 15 points (17 last night) and name to the all tournament team, Rinehart with 13, Joe Henderson 9 (Freshman), Heffner 6, Chapman 6 (Freshman), Gilbert 4, Heibel 3. Another freshman in Jake Henderson came in and did a nice job handling the ball when Heibel was in foul trouble.

Western was lead by Garrett with 20 (16 last night) and named to the all tournament team, Shanks 18, Brewster 6, Fite 4, Wolfe 3, Riggs 1.

ALL TOURNAMENT TEAM:
Western - Dakota Garrett
Waverly - Jean Paul White
Piketon - Zach Farmer
Eastern - Tavares Pickett
MVP - Chad Lands

lebasketball
Riding the Bench

Post by lebasketball »

Very impressed with Eastern in this tournament. They know the game and make the right decisions. They play extremely well together and get after it on both ends of the floor. What can you say about Chad Lands what a floor general. They share the ball and don't care whom gets 20 points and who gets 2. Very athletic and going to be tough to deal with in the postseason.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Wow! I figured this thread would be on fire after a game like that.

Congrats to the Eagles! What a great game and 4th quarter come back. Lands showed why he is one of the best in the area. Murphy and Pickett out rebounded and out hustled Piketon to anything around the basket. I think the Redstreaks underestimated the Eagles.

Hope to see the Eagles and Redstreaks represent Pike County well at the tourney.

Go Eagles!

BadVlad27
JV Team

Post by BadVlad27 »

Congrats to Eastern on a big win. Very impressed with Murphy underneath, kid is 110% every minute he is on the floor. Lands is a nice player who plays the PG roll to perfection, good luck to Eastern the rest of the season!

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Congrats to Eastern on the win....

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Congrats to Coach Fitch & the Eagles on winning the Pike County Championship.

It has been a while since the trophy didn't end up in the Village of Piketon or retained in Waverly. It will have a new home in Beaver for the next 12 months and proudly displayed to recognize this year's Eagles as the best team in Pike county. It goes to show how unpredictable the county tourney can be when the four teams square off for bragging rights.

Good Luck to the rest of the Pike County teams on the remainder of the season.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I'm a little late on this one but a big congrats to Coach Fitch and the boys!! An outstanding effort to pull off the win against a very good Piketon team..I thought Murphy played his best game yet,Lightle knocked down big shots,Pickett was key in this victory rebounding and playing good defense plus the big 3 he hit late,Thacker played good defense and knocked down a couple big 3s,Fultz played great defense, and of course Chad Lands with his huge 3s and game winning free throws..big win for the EAGLES.. keep it rolling!!

GO EAGLES!!!
Last edited by beaverlover on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Still no word from the Piketon faithful on the game? All I heard from my Piketon buddies is the Streaks were gonna win the game by 20 or so? I figured the Chef, Kram, and a few other Piketon posters would come on here and at least congratulate the Eagles.

Return to “Boys Basketball”