Jackson Sectional

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Re: Jackson Sectional

Post by NewEra »

Kentucky Trojan wrote:
NewEra wrote:Chill. Didn't see it.
Won't chill...

...you are from Minford...

:mrgreen:

And? lol

CCC
Riding the Bench

Post by CCC »

WORD I AM GETTING IS THAT WHEELERSBURG IS THE ONE THAT MESSED UP THE VOTE ON PHS. WHEELERSBURG HAD A CHANCE TO VOTE PHS AT THE 7 AND THEMSELVES AT THE 10 BUT VOTED COAL GROVE THE 7. IF BURG WOULD HAVE VOTED PHS 7 THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN A 10 AND PLAYED OAK HILL TO GET OUT INSTEAD OF IRONTON. BARRICK MUST WANT THE SEASON TO END BECAUSE IF HE WAS GOING TO PLAY PHS ANYWAY WHY NOT TAKE YOUR CHANCE AGAINST OAK HILL INSTEAD OF IRONTON. I HAVE ALWAYS FELT THAT COACHES SHOULD PUT THEIR KIDS IN THE BEST POSITION TO WIN AND BARRICK MUST NOT WANT TO DO THAT! CRAZY

Kentucky Trojan
SE

Post by Kentucky Trojan »

CCC wrote:WORD I AM GETTING IS THAT WHEELERSBURG IS THE ONE THAT MESSED UP THE VOTE ON PHS. WHEELERSBURG HAD A CHANCE TO VOTE PHS AT THE 7 AND THEMSELVES AT THE 10 BUT VOTED COAL GROVE THE 7. IF BURG WOULD HAVE VOTED PHS 7 THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN A 10 AND PLAYED OAK HILL TO GET OUT INSTEAD OF IRONTON. BARRICK MUST WANT THE SEASON TO END BECAUSE IF HE WAS GOING TO PLAY PHS ANYWAY WHY NOT TAKE YOUR CHANCE AGAINST OAK HILL INSTEAD OF IRONTON. I HAVE ALWAYS FELT THAT COACHES SHOULD PUT THEIR KIDS IN THE BEST POSITION TO WIN AND BARRICK MUST NOT WANT TO DO THAT! CRAZY
Crazy...if it's true!

Kentucky Trojan
SE

NewEra wrote:And? lol
...you are from Minford...won't chill...

Amen!

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

West over Coal Grove is an insult to the Hornets and the OVC!! I would love to see Coal Grove make a run and knock off South Point and Oak Hill even more now!

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

YOU CAN RUN,,,, BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE!!

popeyes
Waterboy

Post by popeyes »

You can look at the seeding any way you wish, but the fact is there are way too many GOOD teams in the jackson sectional. Burg and Portsmouth would both get out of the other two sectionals with the right draw.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

POPEYES wrote:You can look at the seeding any way you wish, but the fact is there are way too many GOOD teams in the jackson sectional. Burg and Portsmouth would both get out of the other two sectionals with the right draw.

Portsmouth would not get a 1, 2, or 3 seed in the Waverly sectional, both the 2 Piketon and the 3 Peebles have beaten the Trojans with much better records. That means in the Waverly sectional numbers 4, 5, 6, and 7 for the Trojans. The 4 and 5 play each other to get out of Waverly, so that would mean Portsmouth would play either North Adams or Huntington to get out. Yes, that is the seed that I think Portsmouth could make it out of the sectionals, but their first district game would be Ironton, so pick your poison there! lol The 6 seed in Waverly matches up with Peebles to get out of the sectional, and the 7th matches up with Piketon, so once again, probably not going to get out of there with a win.

Now for Burg, I would say the same scenario as with Portsmouth, they wouldnt get much higher than a 4 or 5 seed, and the same with Portsmouth, that seed gets you Ironton in the district semis. I cant see Burg beating Peebles or Piketon, but they of course like Portsmouth could beat either, but the odds would be stacked against them.

I dont see much difference in Jacksons 2-4 as Waverlys 1-3. Ironton is by far head and shoulders above the rest, but Oak Hill, Valley, Peake and Minford are on the same level as Eastern Brown, Piketon and Peebles. Of course, this is jmho! lol

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

This draw worked very well for the SOC.... Which it should as it is set up to favor the conference with the most votes.

This allows Eugene or Barrick to be out in the first round. Then you either get the other out or Lafon shall the upset occur. Worst case scenario you get two very good coaches out in the sectional without having to play them. They didn't mind throwing Burg to the wolves as they probably hate losing to them in everything every year anyway.
You also get one of your schools (oak hill) a very good opportunity to play for a regional title.
It also gives you a great shot at eliminating Chesapeake in the sectional.
Most schools have a goal of a sectional title and a chance to p,ay at Convo. The SOC did a great job of setting the possibility of at least 3 of their schools getting out. In addition to eliminating good coaches/athletic teams along the way.

If Portsmouth plays coal grove schedule this year they would have lost no more than 5 games

OldBaller
Waterboy

Post by OldBaller »

Not a big fan of coaches who plan it all out and intentionally screw another school and their kids. People can say what they want about looking out for your team, but coaches are supposed to do the right thing. For teams to use their conference to set up the draw the way they want is shady......but nobody should be surprised because thats the way it is today. It happens in seeding and district awards on the boys side and the girls side.........it is never changing.

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

bobcat 23 wrote:Not a big fan of coaches who plan it all out and intentionally screw another school and their kids. People can say what they want about looking out for your team, but coaches are supposed to do the right thing. For teams to use their conference to set up the draw the way they want is shady......but nobody should be surprised because thats the way it is today. It happens in seeding and district awards on the boys side and the girls side.........it is never changing.
Who got screwed, CG? Yes they should have been seeded higher than west but I think it worked out in their favor.. Oak hill is better than Valley but not by a whole lot. I'd rather play Oak hill and then play the winner of fed hocking and meigs, than I would play valley then piketon... If they get past oak hill they have a much easier road than west does

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

You could probably write a book on the dealmaking that has gone down at the sectional draws. Doesn't make it right, but they don't give trophies for being the sixth seed seventh seed or gazillionth seed anyway. One game at a time is the only way that teams advance. One game at a time. Nobody gives it to you this time of year.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Gonna be exciting.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

I anticipate the Piketon(barring a upset by Valley or Portsmouth West) vs. Minford/Chesapeake winner to play Ironton for the regional title.

Kentucky Trojan
SE

NewEra wrote:I anticipate the Piketon(barring a upset by Valley or Portsmouth West) vs. Minford/Chesapeake winner to play Ironton for the regional title.
You might be right.

However, Eastern Brown or Oak Hill could get you in the Regional Semis...

Return to “Boys Basketball”