Chillicothe Cavaliers

ztpioneers1
Riding the Bench

Chillicothe Cavaliers

Post by ztpioneers1 »

What has happened to my team? I watched my Cavs tonight lose to a division 4 or 5 football school. I hope Coach Meister can produce better results than this because we are used to being on the top of the mountain, not bottom. We have a few seniors that can get it done. I'm not sure why they were on the bench so long tonight. I know things weren't going our way but c'mon!! I expect to open up the league with a win tomorrow night. I haven't seen our Cavs lose to Logan in a long, long time (almost a decade)..

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Re: Chillicothe Cavaliers

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Bluecavs,

Keep the faith my friend. The kids will get it figured out. There is a bunch of winners in that locker room. We allowed 2 guys to score all of 5 of Amanda's points tonight. We can do better than that. We also struggled offensively in stretches. I am proud of of the effort, but obviously not the results.

Keep in mind, this is a young team with a whole new coaching staff from Middle School up through freshman, JV and varsity. I'm not sure how long it will take to implement Coach Meister's system, but it won't be overnight. I communicated with a few of the upperclassman tonight. They will come out fighting. I just hope the community backs the kids, as the crowd tonight was way down. we had very few students there. It us a school night, but I expected more.

GO CAVS,

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

Let the coach, coach! Given time, i think coach Meister will be good. Young squad aside from 3 seniors that must adapt to new system or get off the boat and move foward. Kellough is gone, Meister is here, back him up and support the growth of the student-athletes. Great 4th quarter effort to go ahead and tuff call to send best shooter to the line with a 1 and 1 and the kid dropped em both in. Go Cavs!

strokn7
Riding the Bench

Post by strokn7 »

Was shocked to see this outcome this morning. AC lost a really nice 6'7 player to graduation then they lose their best player (pg) to an ACL tear this football season. Good to see an Amanda Clearcreek win, and nice win for the MSL-Buckeye.

Rabeanos0512
Freshman Team

Post by Rabeanos0512 »

Regardless how you cut it, CHS is not as talented as the past 6 years. Probable the least talented team. However, they have one of the top 5 talented kids in the past 6 years in the Johnson boy. He's a PTP'er. You will have a down year every once in a while.

GO CAVS!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Rabeanos12 wrote:Regardless how you cut it, CHS is not as talented as the past 6 years. Probable the least talented team. However, they have one of the top 5 talented kids in the past 6 years in the Johnson boy. He's a PTP'er. You will have a down year every once in a while.

GO CAVS!
Came here to post the same thing. Give Coach Meister some time to get his system in. Even with a rocky start, the athletes and tough schedule will have the Cavs primed to make another run in the tournament.

But, I was shocked at the crowd size last night for the home opener, even if it was on a Thursday night.

Even as a Unioto guy, I think basketball is better when the Cavs have success, so hopefully they get in the win column tonight and get the ship righted.

ztpioneers1
Riding the Bench

Post by ztpioneers1 »

0-4 now with another home loss to Logan. This is going to be a long season. Who's next?

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

This team will not win 3 games. Absolutely no defense, they run NO offense I don't think I've seen a cavs team this bad in 30 years take away Zach Johnson and they wouldn't even score 20 points. Losing to a team as bad as Logan says a lot how this season will play out, guess we've been spoiled too much this past decade

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Got a JV score? thanks.

Voice of the Cavs
Waterboy

Post by Voice of the Cavs »

Sorry for the delay Jottings. Have been away from the site for a while.
Cavs JVs beat Logan 55-43.
Hang in there bronc21... I think you're forgetting a handful of teams during those 30 years. Even Coach K had a few games similar to the first four when he arrived and had to get the Cavs to buy into his system. I remember talking with him following his first game (vs Athens 2005) you'd thought there was no hope for them... of course there was a young Hitchens kid, that Givens guy and a few others that were diamonds in the rough. I'll admit, a win or two before then end of the year would be a nice Christmas present for Coach Meister and the boys.
Go Cavs!

ztpioneers1
Riding the Bench

Post by ztpioneers1 »

Cavs lose again tonight and go 0-5! No disrespect to Jackson but I'm ready to play them to get into the win column before January. Jackson varsity this year is very, very poor with talent so that should be a win. Blue n whyt, I think that team beat Athens that year and finished .500 playing in a tough OCC division. The Cavs started four frosh & sophs that year.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

What was final score?

Voice of the Cavs
Waterboy

Post by Voice of the Cavs »

Jottings:
Varsity - Fairfield Union 46, Cavs 40
JV - Cavs 54, Fairfield Union 49 OT

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

My first post....I've been following the Cavs for 30 years. I will hold my opinions on this years team. I'm simply a big fan of the game and want our programs to flourish. After the next couple of games I will give "My Opinion" which means nothing...although I played the game with some Chilli greats, it doesn't make me an expert. Go Cavs!

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Good Luck this weekend boys! Go Cavs!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Hitchbones64...Trying to get Friday's Jackson-Chillicothe JV score to complete SEOAL standings. Got any ideas?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Still looking for Friday's JV score between Jackson-Chillicothe. thanks.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

jottings , I too checked ALL of the usual locations and can't find the jv score anywhere ... may have to wait for the Chillicothe Monday paper for a JV article ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Don't believe the Chilli paper reports reserve scores.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bman wrote:Don't believe the Chilli paper reports reserve scores.
Do they still report varsity scores?

Return to “Boys Basketball”