SEOP Preseason Top 10

LetsGoPSU
SE

Re: SEOP Preseason Top 10

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Trojans need to bounce back tonight and get things rolling along, its a long road to the Convo and just keep improving Young Trojans

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

"lightle04 "Eastern plays 5 D-3 schools possibly 6 if they can get by Waverly who is a d-2 school. So of there 22 games this season they play 6-7 games aginst much bigger schools . Find anouther team in the top 10 that plays against that many bigger schools a third of there schedual is played aginst bigger schools they are one of the smallest schools in ohio.

Fairfield plays 14 games against larger schools, 4 are D-2.

D4hero
Freshman Team

Post by D4hero »

lightle04 wrote:Eastern plays 5 D-3 schools possibly 6 if they can get by Waverly who is a d-2 school. So of there 22 games this season they play 6-7 games aginst much bigger schools . Find anouther team in the top 10 that plays against that many bigger schools a third of there schedual is played aginst bigger schools they are one of the smallest schools in ohio.

South Webster may not be in the top 10, but they still play MUCH more big schools than Eastern. 16 to be exact. They also beat a very tough Portsmouth team, and you just lost to an Oak Hill team that will finish somewhere between 3-5 in the SOC II.

Argue all you want, but Eastern hasn't did anything to sniff the Top 10.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

D-4 if you read my other posts you will see I pointed Webster out I'm not going to slight them there a great team. You seem awfully worried about Eastern though I mean you have been on there thread trying to stir the pot a lot. Why don't you focus on Webster and stop trying to belittle Eastern !

r1master
Riding the Bench

Post by r1master »

Fairfield fell this weekend to a really small school that is mostly sophomores and had an All-district guard suspended. Still believe they are a very good team, but maybe over-hyped to be named a top 10. Just my opinion...

The team that has really impressed me so far is the team up north at Miami Trace. They have very impressive strength and athleticism, which a very good Lynchburg team apparently found out with a sound defeat over the weekend

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Ive heard alot about Piketon over the last year, was encouraged, then little Fairfield beats them?

white thunder
Riding the Bench

Post by white thunder »

Fairfield was with out 2 players also...2 starters fouled out midway through the 4th, 2 others had to play most of the 4th with 4 fouls..team as a whole struggled shooting the ball. 2nd game in 2 nights where 6-7 players played the whole game

Fairifeld and Trace play this saturday, should be a good game to find out where both teams are early in the season

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

blackcobra1 wrote:Ive heard alot about Piketon over the last year, was encouraged, then little Fairfield beats them?
Are you referring to a scrimmage or summer play or what?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

knowledge wrote:
blackcobra1 wrote:Ive heard alot about Piketon over the last year, was encouraged, then little Fairfield beats them?
Are you referring to a scrimmage or summer play or what?
I believe so. According to most, the Streaks have struggled so far, but have also not played a regular season game. So there's 0 reason to worry until we see how they fair with 3 games in 5 days coming up (Westfall, Paint Valley, Lucasville)

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Fairfield beat Piketon by 2 in 2 qtrs Most of the top 8 had played football a week before the Scrimmage. And Fairfield coach didn't want to play the streaks the third qtr electing to go home.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Streaks will be fine, I wouldn't invest a lot of time proving a point about a scrimmage. From what I was told the Streaks scrimmages has been very lackluster with multiple line-ups. I'm sure when the lights come on things will be different.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Look Piketon is going to kill teams they are deep experienced and talented at every spot. This year is going to be a great year for them. Ike,Colton,Zack,Wyatt,and Craigen are great players and even better kids my son is a senior and has competed with and against these boys his whole life they are all class act and deserve every good thing they accomplish. SVC better be ready cause the steaks are out for blood this year!

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Reminder for voting times.

Opens: Friday, December 7 at 10:00 pm
Closes: Monday, December 10 at 12:00 pm noon

downtown95
Waterboy

Post by downtown95 »

r1master posted:
Fairfield fell this weekend to a really small school that is mostly sophomores and had an All-district guard suspended. Still believe they are a very good team, but maybe over-hyped to be named a top 10. Just my opinion...
I finally got around to checking enrollement numbers East Clinton 182 boys, Fairfield 100 boys. I quess really small is subjective.

r1master
Riding the Bench

Post by r1master »

Keep in mind the last enrollment count was almost 3 years ago, but yea your right, which schools are "small" is subjective. I guess in comparison to who they play (Hillsboro, Courthouse, Trace, Massie, London, Wilmington, and soon Chilicothe), East Clinton would be considered in my book, "small".

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

downtown95 wrote:r1master posted:
I finally got around to checking enrollement numbers East Clinton 182 boys, Fairfield 100 boys. I quess really small is subjective.
Good point. It will be interesting to see how it plays out up there. Heard Hillsboro beat Lynchburg easily which I was suprised as much as the EC Fairfield game. It's hard to make assumptions based on the pre-or even early season.

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

lightle 04 you better worry about taking care of the D4 teams and quit worrying about SEOP Top 10.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

what happened to the next SEOP top 10?

if were not gonna do it anymore - I will remove it as a sticky?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The voting started last night and continues through Monday.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Reminder!! Voting is open until 12 pm noon on Monday! Please PM me your Top 10 teams in SE Ohio!! And please do 10 ONLY!! No ties!

Return to “Boys Basketball”