Zane Trace Tip-Off Classic Nov 30- Dec 1...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Zane Trace Tip-Off Classic Nov 30- Dec 1...

Post by pfloyd »

vctransplant ... who are the 2 VC players out ? injuries from football? ... hate to hear where ANYONE is out for any length of time ...

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Pfloyd.. starting PG Chewy Smallwood was injured in the football preseason. The last I heard, they were shooting for a January return. Also, Sawn Caudill (fr) was hurt in week 7. I haven't heard about his status yet. Another freshman, Timmy Ousley was also injured in week 7.I'm not sure how much playing time Combs is planning on giving these two underclassmen but they both are full grown men. So I'm sure they'll see the floor when they can return. Chewy will be a big loss, but Jr Alex Owings ran some at point last year so hopefully the Vikes can battle through the injuries.

dmcfarland
Waterboy

Post by dmcfarland »

7:45 Game on Saturday is Western vs. Zane Trace, not Wellston.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Logangrad wrote:One kid to keep an eye on for VC is Max Ward. 6-3 Soph, lanky lefty. Could be a nice addition for Coach Combs.
Shhhhh.... Dont tell everyone about our little 6'3" secret!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Dundas wrote:Pfloyd.. starting PG Chewy Smallwood was injured in the football preseason. The last I heard, they were shooting for a January return. Also, Sawn Caudill (fr) was hurt in week 7. I haven't heard about his status yet. Another freshman, Timmy Ousley was also injured in week 7.I'm not sure how much playing time Combs is planning on giving these two underclassmen but they both are full grown men. So I'm sure they'll see the floor when they can return. Chewy will be a big loss, but Jr Alex Owings ran some at point last year so hopefully the Vikes can battle through the injuries.
Dont be suprised to see Chewy in the classic. Rehab has gone very well. Talking like may not have to have surgery at all now. Had partial tears of both acl and mcl. May not be 100% but is on the road to recovery. IMO he will see the court for some limited mins.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

That's great to hear vctransplant! I know he did walk out with the team on senior night but still was favoring the leg a good bit. Hopefully you're right about no surgery! It would be nice to see him on the floor in the classic!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

No doubt. Such a good kid. Deserves to be there on the court with his Boys.

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

I heard LE got a kid who came in this year from TV named Seth Anderson 6'8", should be a great addition to an already very talented junior class. I think LE will only have 1 senior on this team.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

Sorry to hear about the two gentlemen injured; hopefully they can come back in great health!

Game can't come here soon enough. Logan Elm will be hungry from last season since it didn't reach the Convo for the first time since Dante Jackson was a freshman at Greenfield McClain.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Just talked to some inside sources. Everyone should be near 100% and ready to play in the tip off classic. Also, the Vikings will be playing 3 freshman this year. Two of which played football (Caudill and Ousley) and the third is the younger brother of former VC standout, Jerrod Albright. November 30th can't get here soon enough!!

bellyoption
Freshman Team

Post by bellyoption »

I am excited to see Bloom-Carrol play and watch the Mcglone kid, I hear he is a shooter. :aaaaa93

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

There is so much hype on the Logan Elm/Vinton County game will it really be that good of a game this early in the year?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

It "could" be.. but VC will be without starter Jordan Kidd. The Vikings will need some offensive output from a couple other players to have a chance. LB Remy has to hit some deep balls and the defense must be aggressive. It will be a good barometer for both teams as I would think these two will both be in the top 5 of the Logan sectional.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Why is Kidd not playing ?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Anyone know anything about Hillsboro?

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

lightle04 wrote:Why is Kidd not playing ?
Injury to knee early in Football season

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

bengalfan76 wrote:
lightle04 wrote:Why is Kidd not playing ?
Injury to knee early in Football season
Actually Smallwood was the one who injured his knee in the Huntington scrimmage. He will be back and has looked good in minimal minutes so far in the scrimmages. Kidd was ejected during the final football game this past season and will have to sit against LE as a result. He is a competitor but must keep his emotions in check this season if the Vikings want to win the league again.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Kidd from Vinton ... Jones from Alex ... both are sitting the first TWO GAMES due to ejections during football season.

I understand the rule - but don't like it.

Coach Combs and coach Gabriel are being punished for something that didn't happen on their watch.

strokn7
Riding the Bench

Post by strokn7 »

Crab's Brother,

Saw Hillsboro in a scrimmage against Bloom Carroll. I thought Hillsboro played pretty hard and had a fiery young coach (liked him). I think talent wise it is a struggle for them. BC really handed it to them.

Return to “Boys Basketball”