Hocking league

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Re: Hocking league

Post by WarriorBlue »

EasternDspy wrote:Also saw Waterford vs Fort Frye and Warren and they looked decent.Played both basketball powers tough.They were beating Warren at half.
Waterford shot lights out. Made 3 treys that "banked" in and made one that shouldn't counted as it bounced off the backboard braces. The Waterford kids played hard and the one kids that handled the ball a lot could be really nice if he'd slow down and play a little more under control. As far as "hanging tough" Warren coaching staff played 11 kids and substituted 5 for 5. Hardlly a tactic they will take when the curtain comes up on the season. The 2nd half I believe the Warriors tightened up the D and out scored Waterford 28-8. French and Hall had off shooting nights, which won't happen every night.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

They beat Frontier in that scrimmage. I'm pretty sure all 4 quarters. But whatever you say "Eastern" I am not saying they will be great, but I do think they have a chance to compete for the title.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

looks like as of right now, they are all contenders with a 0-0 record :lol: :lol: :lol:

It could be anyones title this season in the Hocking, but the favorite has to be Belpre, then the others will follow...

Cant really tell much about a team until they get 6 or 8 games under them

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Still by the eye test Waterford is better then Eastern.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

My sleeper: MILLER

No joking aside - they will be competitive.

Not saying league champs or anything ... but my guess is they finish in the top half as opposed to the bottom.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I agree Miller should be good, but it seems like everytime we get excited about a Miller team they let us right back down

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Super Trooper wrote:I agree Miller should be good, but it seems like everytime we get excited about a Miller team they let us right back down
Kids who are used to losing have to learn how to win ... the early season will be key to their success - they need to bag some wins before X-mas and New Years, and then I think they will be a pretty solid team down the stretch.

motox21
Waterboy

Post by motox21 »

Waterford is starting to come into there offense, teams will definitely keep there eyes on them. They played real well against a South Gallia team that isn't all that great but was still competitive.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

eaglefan1 wrote:Anyone have a schedule for each team?
EVERY TEAM ... http://trivalleyconference.com/

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

the TVC website is great, very well put together, whoever created it did well, put a lot of time and effort into the site.

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

Remember_The_Name wrote:the TVC website is great, very well put together, whoever created it did well, put a lot of time and effort into the site.

Agreed, I wish there was a person like this to step up for every conference and do the same for the kids. Kudos for the TVC!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I put the site together Remember_The_Name ... and run it ... but I give a lot of credit for the photos to the Moms of the players - they really step up big for me and snap photos from around the league ... I'll take my camera to games - but we have 30 teams (boys & girls) - having those parents send me pics is great.

I just wish I had a parent for EVERY team though.

thanks for the comments.

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

You can watch and listen to the Southern @ SG game live tonight at 7:30pm on

Www.galliasports.com

Return to “Boys Basketball”