Logan Basketball 2012-2013

moonshine
SEO

Re: Logan Basketball 2012-2013

Post by moonshine »

I got a feeling someone is trying to give John a ride out of town on the rail!

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Wins and losses? Personal opinions? WHere is Paul Harvey (RIP) when we need him. And now for the rest of the story. It is obvious the last few posts have no idea and we are talking also about the storied Logan football program. You coach at the pleasure of the admin. Elephants abound.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Mr. Helber will be fine

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

eaglesrock wrote:Guru, couldnt agree with you more. Even with a bad knee he is better than whats on the floor. I feel bad for Myers. He is having a nice year, but has little help.
Logangrad, Pfloyd, or Logan nation do me a favor....no no, no wait do us all a favor......put your spin on this season with your vast knowledge of basketball and tell us again why you thought Logan would get 14-15 and I think one of you even went 16 wins.....
Ill admit it; I was wrong. I thought deep in my heart, Logan has enough talent to win 15 games. They have 5 kids with deep basketball roots, with the ability to win but also the know how to win. They still have talent to win a few more games but it will depend on how well they can play TOGETHER. But; alas, if youve been to any of the games, you can see a couple of kids who have the ME attitude first and the TEAM second. That along with a post player who has played all year at 50%, horrid FT shooting, TOs beyond TOs and just flat not listening to the staff in key situations, and you have what you have.

But this situation is no different than any other current situation that faces Logan and I had this same conversation today with someone within the community. Logan is NOT what it used to be in terms of talent and the ability to let a coach, COACH! You wont see a coach yell at his kids, you wont see a coach pull a kid off and let him know what he thinks and you will not see a player respect his coach. Logan coaches cant discipline their kids at least not in public or during their games bc they dont want to have a grandparent or parent or someone call the board office and complain bc they wont have a job and thats a FACT. 15 or 20 years ago if a kid repeatedly did some of the things I have seen time and time again, shake his head as he was being taken out, not shake the coach's hand, not listen to the coach or just be as disrespectful as some have been, his ass was chewed out in front of Murtha, McAllister and anyone else who may be watching. Do that now and youre done. Kids arent dumb, they hear things and some take advanatge of knowing the coach wont do much if he acts like a thug. Agree or not, I dont care but EVERYONE I speak to, says the same thing.

And the second thing that is FACT is that Logan is not a talent laiden pool that some like to drink from. Logan DOES NOT have the same talent they had 5 years ago, or even 10 years ago. Logan has great kids, great coaches and great parents but trying to say they have as much talent as the Conrad brother years, Angle or Mays or Bateman or Harden is just insane. And for the delusional people who think there is some magical hallway at the high school that is full of 6-7 postplayers and John Elway clones or Barry Larkins, that just arent playing bc of who's in charge; I have some swamp land for sale. Logan hasnt won a league title in any major sport other than girls basketball in a long time! Not basketball, not football, not baseball, not soccer, not volleyball, not softball. None. Its not bc of a bad coach or bad kids, or bad systems, or bad parents or anything other than talent. Pickerington North sent 9 kids to D1 schools this LOI day next week, Athens has a girl being recruited by Michigan in basketball, Lancaster will have 3 kids go D1 in football, Chillicothe had 4 kids go D1 in baketball the past 3 years. Warren's 8th grade boys basketball team would beat most JV teams. Logan girls basketball has FOUR Freshman and sophomore starting. It is what it is. For now.

The inmates run the assylum at Logan, period. But thinking that a coach needs to be replaced time and time again will do nothing but set programs back years at a time. The basketball program is in good hands. They still have some time to win several games with key games still left to be played at home. Ive said it a lot; THOSE WHO STAY WILL BE CHAMPIONS. My old freshman basketball coach, Rich Bell, used to say it best "If you dont like it, there's the door."

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

In this case no news might be good news as far D-1 sectional is concerned!

Black Angus
Waterboy

Post by Black Angus »

moonshine wrote:In this case no news might be good news as far D-1 sectional is concerned!
When is the drawing?

pf26
Riding the Bench

Post by pf26 »

Obviously this isn't the wrestling thread, but there are a lot of Logan posters who revisit this one time and time again, and the topic has often turned to sports other than basketball. The Logan Wrestling team will do their best to DEFEND their SEOAL title this coming Saturday at Chillecothe. We have a young team balanced with some very solid upperclassmen. We could start as many as 8 freshman in a 14 weight-class line-up depending on how wrestle offs go. The future is looking bright for Logan wrestling, and if we successfully defend our title with this young group it will definitely be a forecast of even better days to come. The kids are all hard working individuals and many of them are going to contribute on fields of play in the other MAJOR Logan sports programs. It should be a great day of wrestling. Logan, Chille, Warren, and Gallia all have a legit chance to win the title this year. Even if you aren't a wrestling fan, if you bleed purple and white, and want to see some heated battles between league rivals, Chillecothe is the place to be this Saturday. Varsity and Jr High will compete in the same gym. Wrestling starts at 9:30 A.M. $5.00 gets you in all day. GO CHIEFS

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

:aaaaa41
Logan grad wrote:
eaglesrock wrote:Guru, couldnt agree with you more. Even with a bad knee he is better than whats on the floor. I feel bad for Myers. He is having a nice year, but has little help.
Logangrad, Pfloyd, or Logan nation do me a favor....no no, no wait do us all a favor......put your spin on this season with your vast knowledge of basketball and tell us again why you thought Logan would get 14-15 and I think one of you even went 16 wins.....
Ill admit it; I was wrong. I thought deep in my heart, Logan has enough talent to win 15 games. They have 5 kids with deep basketball roots, with the ability to win but also the know how to win. They still have talent to win a few more games but it will depend on how well they can play TOGETHER. But; alas, if youve been to any of the games, you can see a couple of kids who have the ME attitude first and the TEAM second. That along with a post player who has played all year at 50%, horrid FT shooting, TOs beyond TOs and just flat not listening to the staff in key situations, and you have what you have.

But this situation is no different than any other current situation that faces Logan and I had this same conversation today with someone within the community. Logan is NOT what it used to be in terms of talent and the ability to let a coach, COACH! You wont see a coach yell at his kids, you wont see a coach pull a kid off and let him know what he thinks and you will not see a player respect his coach. Logan coaches cant discipline their kids at least not in public or during their games bc they dont want to have a grandparent or parent or someone call the board office and complain bc they wont have a job and thats a FACT. 15 or 20 years ago if a kid repeatedly did some of the things I have seen time and time again, shake his head as he was being taken out, not shake the coach's hand, not listen to the coach or just be as disrespectful as some have been, his booty was chewed out in front of Murtha, McAllister and anyone else who may be watching. Do that now and youre done. Kids arent dumb, they hear things and some take advanatge of knowing the coach wont do much if he acts like a thug. Agree or not, I dont care but EVERYONE I speak to, says the same thing.

And the second thing that is FACT is that Logan is not a talent laiden pool that some like to drink from. Logan DOES NOT have the same talent they had 5 years ago, or even 10 years ago. Logan has great kids, great coaches and great parents but trying to say they have as much talent as the Conrad brother years, Angle or Mays or Bateman or Harden is just insane. And for the delusional people who think there is some magical hallway at the high school that is full of 6-7 postplayers and John Elway clones or Barry Larkins, that just arent playing bc of who's in charge; I have some swamp land for sale. Logan hasnt won a league title in any major sport other than girls basketball in a long time! Not basketball, not football, not baseball, not soccer, not volleyball, not softball. None. Its not bc of a bad coach or bad kids, or bad systems, or bad parents or anything other than talent. Pickerington North sent 9 kids to D1 schools this LOI day next week, Athens has a girl being recruited by Michigan in basketball, Lancaster will have 3 kids go D1 in football, Chillicothe had 4 kids go D1 in baketball the past 3 years. Warren's 8th grade boys basketball team would beat most JV teams. Logan girls basketball has FOUR Freshman and sophomore starting. It is what it is. For now.

The inmates run the assylum at Logan, period. But thinking that a coach needs to be replaced time and time again will do nothing but set programs back years at a time. The basketball program is in good hands. They still have some time to win several games with key games still left to be played at home. Ive said it a lot; THOSE WHO STAY WILL BE CHAMPIONS. My old freshman basketball coach, Rich Bell, used to say it best "If you dont like it, there's the door."

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I thought Logan had a great chance to win 15 games this year, because i thought they would be playing ball games like the last one against Warren.

With a couple of breaks Logan can still take second place.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan over Athens

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan 70
Athens 69 OT

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan over Jackson--60/40

Warren..........8.....0..........18.....1*
Portsmouth.....5.....3..........9.....11
Logan............5.....4..........6.....13*
Chillicothe......5.....4..........7.....12
Gallipolis........3.....6..........7.....13
Jackson..........0.....9..........1.....19*

* includes 02/09/13 games

trubbguru
Riding the Bench

Post by trubbguru »

My Oh My People bragging about Logan having a chance to finish 2nd in the SEOAl. Give me a break Its not a league if it only has 1 team. Warren has more wins than any of the other 2 combined. If you done a power rating on the SEOAL they will finish last in Ohio. Its about time we the stop settling for these kind of results and get the problems fixed in the system. Couldn't agree with Logan Grad more on 90% of his post. But with the Admin we have in place dont think that will happen. They let the parents and grand parents run the show. Just as I witnessed after the game the other night a couple of parents were going off on the coach in the gym after the game. If their not happy by golly they set up a meeting and get this ironed out. (Not sure how many meetings these 2 parents have had but been told its several) I'll find out why my boy didnt get as many min. as somebody else or why this bad coach tryed to disipline him for giving a 1/2 A effort . But THEY will guarantee you one thing ITS NOT THEIR BOYS FAULT. Its the coaches fault. The coach missed all those FTS. The coach Never boxed out. The coach didnt play def. The coach only gave 1/2. The coach has the EGO problem Its all about Him. By Golly its his fault. LET THE COACHES COACH . Mommy and Daddy if you want to coach then apply I bet you won't see that happen. This aint biddy league its High School BABY. They are almost men and if they cant take as little disipline or yelling as this then they are in trouble in life.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

trubbguru wrote:My Oh My People bragging about Logan having a chance to finish 2nd in the SEOAl. Give me a break Its not a league if it only has 1 team. Warren has more wins than any of the other 2 combined. If you done a power rating on the SEOAL they will finish last in Ohio. Its about time we the stop settling for these kind of results and get the problems fixed in the system. Couldn't agree with Logan Grad more on 90% of his post. But with the Admin we have in place dont think that will happen. They let the parents and grand parents run the show. Just as I witnessed after the game the other night a couple of parents were going off on the coach in the gym after the game. If their not happy by golly they set up a meeting and get this ironed out. (Not sure how many meetings these 2 parents have had but been told its several) I'll find out why my boy didnt get as many min. as somebody else or why this bad coach tryed to disipline him for giving a 1/2 A effort . But THEY will guarantee you one thing ITS NOT THEIR BOYS FAULT. Its the coaches fault. The coach missed all those FTS. The coach Never boxed out. The coach didnt play def. The coach only gave 1/2. The coach has the EGO problem Its all about Him. By Golly its his fault. LET THE COACHES COACH . Mommy and Daddy if you want to coach then apply I bet you won't see that happen. This aint biddy league its High School BABY. They are almost men and if they cant take as little disipline or yelling as this then they are in trouble in life.
I agree, More parents needs to parent and let the coaches coach! Also most parent today need their butts spanked!!!!!!

eaglesrock
Freshman Team

Post by eaglesrock »

Trubbguru,
I couldnt agree more!!!! The people of Logan need to wake up!!! There are no more Patrick Angles walking the hallways!!! The talent pool is not what it used to be!!!! Its that simple. Its not all Jonh's fault!! Parents sit in the stands and cheer for your kids and the team! Let the coaches coach! You are never going to agree with everything the coaches do, but let them do their jobs. Do you really think a coach isnt going to play his best players??? Guru you are right, this is not biddy ball, but Im sure the parents that got in Johns face the other were great biddy coaches....I wish they would have transfered both their kids to Vinton County....
PARENTS LISTEN UP!!! If your BABY is not getting the playing time he wants....or you want him to get.......tell him to work harder in practice!!! Dont blame the coach!!!!! I hope John can hold on to his job and if he does next year will a lot more fun for him......after he graduates a few parents..........opps I mean players......

bart45
Waterboy

Post by bart45 »

I was watching a jv game and the coach did a lot of substituting in the fourth quarter. The other team started to come back and I overheard someone say that the coach was gonna mess around and lose the game if he didn't get some of the main players back in. A parent in front of that person flipped out and said that all the boys should get equal play time and it wasn't about winning. I had to bite my tongue. Don't schools still have IBA? If your kid ain't playing, he/she should work harder in practice or try another sport. I'm sick of hearing all the crying about play time. IMO I think pressure on the coaches is a big part of the problem. Teams shouldn't have 15 kids on the roster. It's just too many.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

OH MY Westerville North! OH MY!

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

This is the greatest example of the current state of Logan athletics....

I was officiating a girls junior high game at Logan a few weeks ago, vs NY. Logan won a very close game. After the game, a Logan parent wanted to see a rule book. We repeatedly asked why bc we could answer her question if she would just ask what it was. She refused. We found out later, she wanted to see if the NFHS had a rule that all kids must play. Sorry but they dont. Logan athletics 7-12 IS NOT A REC OR CHURCH LEAGUE. WORK HARDER. JUST BC YOU MAKE THE TEAM DOES NOT GUARANTEE PLAYING TIME. Put that in writing make parents read it and sign it. End of issues

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

15 players on the team roster is to much. Probably the normal rotation gets 7 maybe 8 players in a game. As for the transition from biddy ball to school ball, for the players ,can be challenging. For the parents a wake up call.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Logan grad wrote:This is the greatest example of the current state of Logan athletics....

I was officiating a girls junior high game at Logan a few weeks ago, vs NY. Logan won a very close game. After the game, a Logan parent wanted to see a rule book. We repeatedly asked why bc we could answer her question if she would just ask what it was. She refused. We found out later, she wanted to see if the NFHS had a rule that all kids must play. Sorry but they dont. Logan athletics 7-12 IS NOT A REC OR CHURCH LEAGUE. WORK HARDER. JUST BC YOU MAKE THE TEAM DOES NOT GUARANTEE PLAYING TIME. Put that in writing make parents read it and sign it. End of issues

:aaaaa41

Return to “Boys Basketball”