PFLOYD

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: PFLOYD

Post by pfloyd »

Pfloyd is doing just fine !!! … had my 3 month blood draws on Oct 16th followed by the regular oncologist appointment - ALL good news as my team was very upbeat for the first time in my 4 year adventure … the blood tests were outstanding … one of the markers they look at - my LDH levels - were great … doc said that the LDH levels are an indicator of cancer cell activity in the body … when the cancer cells are progressing a 500 LDH level is not uncommon … they would like to keep my LDH levels below 300 … mine were … wait for it … 153 ! my last read was at 147 6 months ago - indicating that my treatments have been working … doc said that IF my CT scans are good in January (Jan 22nd) - the team would put me on a 1 year out schedule !!! … I hugged my docs, hugged my wife and said " I just might get to grow old !!!" …

… I'm excited to say the least … both anxious and looking forward to my scans in January … until then I will keep asking the head coach for more playing time … I'll keep chasing tomorrows AND watching high school hoops !!!

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Good to hear...You have a top notch coach on your team so it's not a surprise you continue to improve in all aspects of health and life...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:Good to hear...You have a top notch coach on your team so it's not a surprise you continue to improve in all aspects of health and life...

… FIDO - I can not emphasize enough just how important the SUPPORT from SEOP friends such as YOU and hundreds of others has been over this 4 years !!! so many many times when things were NOT going well - I jumped on SEOPs because I KNEW "friends" were there - to put down the thoughts in my mind I couldn't say,to keep a timeline of my fight , people to post to, to be able to read a "wishing you well" , "never give up" , " you can do this" … when I was doubting whether "Coach" was going to give me more "playing time" - the support I had/and have ALWAYS had kept my spirits, thoughts, mind RIGHT where it was supposed to be - in the game … thank you FIDO, thank you to ALL of my SEOPs family …

… I'm not NED (No Evidence of Disease) but I'm ahead in THIS game ! … not going to let my guard down, I'll keep playing defense moving my feet, beating up this opponent - cancer - with my body … my goals ( and EVERYONE needs goals in work and LIFE) include dying on my terms - of old age …

Thank you ALL for everything you have done for me - when I started this battle 4 years ago I had just turned 55 , the statistics my oncologist team gave me in that first appointment for surviving Stage 4 melanoma cancer had me NOT making it to see 56 … I owe you ALL my Life …

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… in 16 days I will be at the James in the OSU Medical Center for my 6 month CT scan … blood draws … oncologist appointment to go over the results of both … it is ALWAYS at this time - a couple weeks prior to the scans - when all sorts of negative thoughts bombard my thinking … I'm feeling good, I'm in shape (round) , maintaining my weight unfortunately LOL … no issues that I could tell my docs were going on inside or out … I have confidence that this will be a good scan - at least "stable" results … my mind has gone to a place that it hasn't been in 4 years - thinking that I MIGHT get results showing that I am "cancer free" - my hands shake just typing those words "cancer free" - N.E.D. - No Evidence of Disease … knowing so many people who have been touched by Cancer I feel very selfish in even thinking about being N.E.D. … I have battled physically, mentally for over 4 years now … my family has endured the mental stress of seeing me at my lowest points physically & mentally - a shadow of myself BUT they have also seen "ME" take on the odds, return to being "ME" … so many ups and downs … so many tears … so many prayers … Jan 22nd THE DAY that has been circled with 3 big red circles on my calendar … "cancer free" ??? … the Head Coach HAS given me more playing time - I thank you Coach - at one time it was ALL about more playing time … but you have given me even more than that Coach - I have been able to learn that time is nothing without people - family, friends … time is only minutes and hours unless you make the most out of each of those "moments" … making "moments" count! - turning moments into "memories" … Coach I still want the playing time - but all of the extra time has meaning … my life has even more meaning … I am a stronger person, I am a more directed person, I am Living … thank you Coach …

… Jan 22nd - märk it on your calendars too … this WILL BE "2015 - the Year of N.E.D" …

frog
Waterboy

Post by frog »

RALLY TIME!!!!! Hello SEOPS posters! To all of you that follow pfloyd and his weekly elite 8 and all his insight into hoops; as he has posted right here, Thursday will be a long day of blood work and scans for this high school hoops supporter!
Please, place him in your prayers and good wishes and lets make sure that those scans come back clean and he continues in this game!!!! He has come this far and has a lot more to go!

Thank you,

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Prayers raised today

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… I didn't get the results I had hoped for (NED - No Evidence of Disease) BUT I did get good results - the cancerous lesions on my left lung HAVE gotten smaller - the left lung lesions are the only area of concern at this time … since they are smaller than the last scans in July - the treatments I had endured are still working to fight the cancer … my oncologist has given me the year off so to speak - no treatments, no blood work, no scans - nothing until January 2016 … I am ahead in the game - my prayers and all of the prayers of those of you who have supported my fight now since 2010 are being answered in a positive way … thank you all … I continue to pray, continue to take one day at a time , I will continue to chase tomorrows …

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Maybe no Ned, however still awfully good news. Prayers wil continue from this outpost and on your end keep the faith and God's will be done! Jesus be with you my long distance friend.

gotgame?
Riding the Bench

Post by gotgame? »

Glad to hear that the famous P/Floyd is doing fine. I just got back on here for the first time in a couple years but still miss coaching!!!! Always glad to see Floyd's posts! Prayers for continued health my friend. GO TROJANS !!!!!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… thanks hoops76 on ALL counts LOL … prayers are always accepted …

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I posted previously about my CT scan of Jan 22nd - I just got the hard copy in the mail today … I don't know about you but I'm old school - I NEED to see everything in writing … here's the highlights : 1. " NO DEFINITE EVIDENCE of METASTATIC DISEASE in the ABDOMEN or PELVIS." … Stable couple of sub cm hypo dense lesions in the liver … gallbladder is normal … spleen is normal … The pancreas is stable in appearance … redemonstration of congenital absence of the left kidney (compensatory enlargement of the right kidney with a couple of stable sub cm hypo densities that are too small to characterize although likely cysts …adrenal glands are unremarkable … Stable post surgical changes of the small bowel … Lungs and pleura - post op changes in the left lower lobe as before with some associated linear densities - presumably scarring … soft tissue nodule on the left measures .9X 1.2 cm , previously 1 x 1.5 cm … a small nodule measuring 6 mm in diameter, previously 1 cm. No suspicious lung nodule … a few more "No's" … I'm smiling as a person dealing with cancer now for 4+ years - "No" … "Stable" … "unremarkable" … "likely cysts" … "normal" … are ALL words that bring a smile to my face, forces tears to run down my cheeks … and has me thanking the Head Coach for the extended playing time he is giving me … and not least - thanking the many for all of the support , the prayers , the words of encouragement … I WILL beat this …

J0623
Waterboy

Post by J0623 »

You are indeed "the MAN" for SEO basketball. Glad the hard copy corresponded to the verbal report. We all look forward to seeing you and your posse in the Convo's cheap seats!

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

This kind of news is always good to hear for you, Pfloyd...Heavy prayers are constantly coming your way from here, so enjoy life, (which I know is basketball to you..hee hee) and I'll see you in the tournament.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

May the opening toss up continue at your side and may The Coach see fit to have a lotta cheap seat tickets in you and mrs in the future. God is awesome!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Thanks so much Walt …

… I'm continuing to "live on" ! a great season of hoops traveling the hills of Southern/SouthEast Ohio this winter … sad that it has to end so soon it seems … have come to a crossroad - I'm trying to put "Cancer" behind me but I have been asked to speak to the local Cancer Support group … not sure I'm up for rehashing my battle for the last 4 years … I have spent a lot of time helping others already deal with either having cancer or dealing with the loss of loved ones due to cancer … people have told me that I am an inspiration to them??? … I am just me … I am fighting a battle that I don't want to lose ! it's that simple … I have played the mind games within my head to stay positive, to deal personally with facing 'death" - I'm not ready to stop being with my family, my friends my kids at school - I.WANT.TO.LIVE! … I suppose I just spilled my topic for my speaking engagement Walt LOL …

… I'll let you know how it goes with the Cancer Support group Walt … April 8th is the date …

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Appears you have things in order with the correct priorities. I have lost family members and dear friends to this
dreaded illness. Mike, your will and what I think is a strong Love for our Lord Jesus. He has enabled you to face this head on
and with family and friends you indeed my friend have and are fighting the good fight,
On the lighter side, what do you plan on doing now the Convo is over for another season? I have a suggestion,
lobby OHSAA to make the SE region truly a SE region. Somehow the schools from Columbus have found their
way into other regions as well as the SE (bowling green, I.e.). We have a similar problem in
Arizona, the big schools have taken over and it appears they run our version of Ohsaa.
Again, Mile a big Thank You for the wonderful updates and info during BB season. I was never able to crack
the roster for PHS, Oliver, Hisle, Cyrus and that group were just too good, so being able to follow my and other
schools is a real treat.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... a summer update on my condition ... just old LOL ... health seems fine - no issues directly related to cancer ... I did go to have my eyes tested for the 4th time in less than 2 years ! my doc tested the eyes - but everything kept changing while he was testing ... he stopped and said he wasn't going to prescribe anything until after I had a cataract screening ... 2 weeks later I went in to have the screening done - was told that I have late stage cataracts in both eyes ( on their scale from 0-4 I was at a 3 ! for my age he said that IF cataracts are present it is usually stage 1) ... he told me that the cancer treatments that I endured made my eyes more susceptible to the formation of cataracts ... what a relief !!! I knew my eyesight had deteriorated over the last 4+ years BUT I had no idea that I had cataracts ... MY EYESIGHT IS FIXABLE !!! - woohoo!!! I thought my sight would deteriorate to the point that I would not be able to drive, watch hoops etc. so this is fantastic news to me ... August 10th they will remove the cataract from my right eye followed by the left at a later date yet to be determined ... I'm excited, looking forward to hanging an "L" on cancer - getting back something it was taking away from me - my eyesight ... I'll let you know how it goes post op ... thanks again for all of the support as I look toward Jan 2016 when I have my next scans at the James at OSU ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... just got a phone call from the clinic in Newark which is doing my eye surgery - they are able to do the first surgery July 27th !!! then the 2nd will now be on August 10th ... I'll have my eyesight back before school starts August 17th !!! woohoo !!!!!!

blue1
Waterboy

Post by blue1 »

wishing you nothing but the best pfloyd!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

gpatton44 wrote:wishing you nothing but the best pfloyd!

... thanks gpatton44 ! ... I just keep trying to improve so I keep getting more playing time from the "head coach" :122245

Return to “Boys Basketball”