Waverly Coaching situation???

miggyt
Freshman Team

Re: Waverly Coaching situation???

Post by miggyt »

An ad will be appearing in local papers in the next few days with a May 21 deadline. WHS is clearly going outside the district on this one.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Not at all talking bad about the internal applicant but it is good they are opening it up. This person did not have varsity experience and I'm sure was fine with the decision to open it up.

Now the fun begins to see who all applies. Any good guesses who may apply?

lebasketball
Riding the Bench

Post by lebasketball »

I would like to see Dante Jackson apply for this job

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I checked the OHSAA website (it's not there yet) but it should be showing up there any time. Dante Jackson would be an interesting consideration should he apply. Someone young with a ton of energy and college playing experience, not to mention sitting under Ford. Will any area big names apply?

ou22
Riding the Bench

Post by ou22 »

smurray why dont you apply? since you know everything about waverly basketball!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

ou22,
I never said or even implied I know everything. I'm just passionate about it, anything wrong with that? You can message me if you'd like to continue our conversation.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

On the OHSAA wesbite:

Head Varsity Boys Basketball Coach
Waverly has the above position available. To be considered applicants must hold a valid educator license, certificate or permit issued by the ODE as well as current PAP, FBI or BCI background check and CPR. A drug and alcohol test is also required for pre-employment with the school district. Applicants should send letter of interest and resume to Cheryl Francis, Superintendent, 1 Tiger Dr., Waverly 45690.
Application Deadline: May 21, 2012

toast
All State

Post by toast »

It will interesting to see who would like to coach the Tigers. There's many reasons for someone to seek this position. Waverly is a very nice community and we have one of if not the best basketball facility in Southern Ohio. Fan support is exceptional as witnessed during recent Convo trips! Our schools are new and we have several nice restaurants.

Waverly basketball has had a fair amount of success in recent history as well as in the past. Three straight sectional championships as well as a district title. Wins recently over some of the elite teams in Southern Ohio including Chesapeake, Fairland, Greenfield, Court House and two in a row over Chillicothe. I won't mention league teams as we play them twice a year every year.

Considering the overall package it doesn't get much better than this!

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

but is the talent still coming?

playtowin
Freshman Team

Post by playtowin »

Yes

zeb
Waterboy

Post by zeb »

I noticed that the job ad said that there was an alcohol test. Does this mean that the next coach cant drink? That would certainly limit the field of potential candidates. Coaching drives just about everyone to drinking now and then. LOL

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

zeb wrote:I noticed that the job ad said that there was an alcohol test. Does this mean that the next coach cant drink? That would certainly limit the field of potential candidates. Coaching drives just about everyone to drinking now and then. LOL
The coaching doesn't but the parents sure do!!!

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

zeb wrote:I noticed that the job ad said that there was an alcohol test. Does this mean that the next coach cant drink? That would certainly limit the field of potential candidates. Coaching drives just about everyone to drinking now and then. LOL
Simply put, they do not want to hire a alcoholic... A Alcohol test will tests someones current BA level...so basically, if you show up in Waverly for an interview and had a lil baileys in your coffee that morning, or an all night booze run..you may be SOL. :lol:

BadVlad27
JV Team

Post by BadVlad27 »

Any word on the applicants?

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Do they player have an in-house candidate they would like to see? Or would this play any role at all? Who are the out of house candidates?

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

We might have a familiar face roaming the sidelines at Waverly next year....very familiar

steppinontoes
Waterboy

Post by steppinontoes »

Rumor has it, a decision has been made...It will surprise most

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Smith,Hobbs or maybe Travis changed his mind. I hope Travis is comeing back because of the struggles this team is going to have for the next 3-4 years unless anouther move in like Jake comes haveing a system aready in place will help alot.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Where is Steve when you need him. The suspense is killing me. Someone let the cat out of the bag.

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

I can't believe those in the know have kept the secret all day today...wow, impressive...news is coming soon!

Return to “Boys Basketball”