Southeast District Top 25 (3-7-10)

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Southeast District Top 25 (3-7-10)

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Remember, my rankings are more of an RPI rating and take into account a team's entire season and not just the last game they played. Obviously, the last 5-10 games are more important than the first 10 of the season for all teams. Head to head games are very helpful in determining ranking but alone do not decide a team's ranking. If head to head was the most important factor in ranking teams where in the world would someone rank Zane Trace (beat Valley, Eastern Pike, Unioto, & Belpre?

Southeast District Top 25

1. Portsmouth 20-2 Best Win = Warren Loss = @Ironton, @Warren
2. Chesapeake 21-1 Best Win = @ Ironton Loss = Logan Elm (n)
3. Ironton 17-5 Best Win = Portsmouth Worst Loss = @Greenup Co.
4. Warren 19-3 Best Win = Portsmouth Loss = @Chillicothe/@PHS
5. Chillicothe 15-7 Best Win = @Ironton Worst Loss = Buchtel
6. Fairland 17-5 Best Win = Warren (N) Worst Loss = Oak Hill
7. Eastern Brown 18-4 Best Win = @ Peebles Worst Loss = @ North Adams
8. Lucasville Valley 18-4 Best Win = Waverly Worst Loss = @ Zane Trace
9. Logan Elm 15-7 Best Win = Chesapeake Worst Loss = @ Teays Valley
10. Waverly 17-5 Best Win = @ Valley Worst Loss =Oak Hill
11. Peebles 17-5 Best Win = Ripley Worst Loss = @Southeastern
12. Circleville 14-8 Best Win = Logan Elm Worst Loss = Fairfield Union
13. Huntington Ross 15-7 Best Win = @ Piketon Worst Loss = @Westfall
14. Sheridan 15-7 Best Win = Marietta (N) Worst Loss = @Maysville
15. Piketon 14-8 Best Win = Unioto Worst Loss = Huntington Ross
16. Hillsboro 15-6 Best Win = Eastern Brown Worst Loss = Miami Trace
17. South Webster 14-8 Best Win = Lucasville Valley Worst Loss = @WBurg
18. Notre Dame 19-2 Best Win = South Webster Worst Loss = @Eastern Pike
19. Unioto 14-7 Best Win = Piketon Worst Loss = @ Greenfield McClain
20. Marietta 10-11 Best Win = Coshocton Worst Loss = @Belpre
21. Minford 14-7 Best Win = @ Oak Hill Worst Loss = @Jackson
22. Oak Hill 14-8 Best Win = @Waverly Worst Loss = @ Minford
23. Racine Southern 18-4 Best Win = Belpre Worst Loss = Reedsville Eastern
24. Belpre 15-6 Best Win = Marietta Worst Loss = @ Federal Hocking
25. Manchester 14-8 Best Win = Racine Southern (N) Worst Loss = Lynchburg Clay

Teams With Strong Consideration

Southeastern Ross, Fairfield Union, Eastern Pike, Vinton County, Athens, WCH, Zane Trace, Fairfield, Wellston, Jackson, Logan, Wheelersburg, Nelsonville York.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Southeast District Top 25 (3-7-10)

Post by Ironman92 »

Looks pretty solid.

IMO If Fairland beats Waverly they have to surpass Warren Local.

Understand and respect how you do this....but I can't have Southern above Manchester....I know it was just one game....but it wasn't close and Manchester played a better schedule. I like where South Webster is and if Manchester were to beat them I doubt SW would fall back a couple spots....Manchester has played great this postseason.....I think they are around 20th....a win and top 15 IMO

Good Job

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Oak Hill is pretty high and Eastern Pike isn't even ranked .

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Ironman92 wrote:Looks pretty solid.

IMO If Fairland beats Waverly they have to surpass Warren Local.

Understand and respect how you do this....but I can't have Southern above Manchester....I know it was just one game....but it wasn't close and Manchester played a better schedule. I like where South Webster is and if Manchester were to beat them I doubt SW would fall back a couple spots....Manchester has played great this postseason.....I think they are around 20th....a win and top 15 IMO

Good Job

Manchester did play the better schedule without doubt but they did not beat anybody that is top 25 or top 25 equivalent until beating Southern. Manchester is 1-5 against top 25/top 25 equivalent teams (Ripley) with only 1 of those losses being competitve. Fairland will no doubt move up if they continue to impress. You gotta remember that coming into tournament play their best win was against South Webster. Warren was a consistent winner all season playing some tough competition. Maybe, they had an off night and Fairland played one of their strongest games of the season (sort of like Southern/Manchester?) or maybe Fairland is just all around better than Warren.

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

What top 25 teams have Peebles beat? Not being a dick just asking. I know they beat Ripley. Is there anyone else?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

HoundsAre4Real wrote:What top 25 teams have Peebles beat? Not being a dick just asking. I know they beat Ripley. Is there anyone else?
They beat SVC champion Piketon by double digits.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Going to do one more Southeast District Ranking probably on the 16th after all of the regional games have been played.

We should have an undisputed #1 after this round of games!

Manchester will no doubt move up in the rankings with another impressive win over South Webster.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Will you give Eastern Pike any love?

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Manchester and Eastern Pike were neck and neck when the tournament started in my mind. As of today, Manchester has beaten Fairfield (top 40 SED), Southern (18-4 & #22 SED), and South Webster (#17) to get to the Regionals. Eastern Pike has beaten Eastern Meigs (6-15), East (9-12?) and South Gallia (13-10). I realize you have to play the teams that are on your schedule and who are in your bracket but how many teams in the SED Top 25 would have rolled all three of these teams in the same manner. Oak Hill and Minford would have dominated these three teams easily with South Gallia possibly putting up a fight for a half or so. The next game will be a good indicator of what level they are on. I believe it will be a very close game and I can see either team winning.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

jimmy chipwood wrote:Manchester and Eastern Pike were neck and neck when the tournament started in my mind. As of today, Manchester has beaten Fairfield (top 40 SED), Southern (18-4 & #22 SED), and South Webster (#17) to get to the Regionals. Eastern Pike has beaten Eastern Meigs (6-15), East (9-12?) and South Gallia (13-10). I realize you have to play the teams that are on your schedule and who are in your bracket but how many teams in the SED Top 25 would have rolled all three of these teams in the same manner. Oak Hill and Minford would have dominated these three teams easily with South Gallia possibly putting up a fight for a half or so. The next game will be a good indicator of what level they are on. I believe it will be a very close game and I can see either team winning.
I agree Jimmy. I was not questioning Manchester or who they beat. I just see that you have Notre Dame up there at 18. Eastern split with them and then beat S.Gallia who beat them. I do admit that in my opinion Notre Dame is the better team but still have to credit S.Gallia for coming to play and beating them.

If the Eagles beat the Hounds then you will be forced to give them some love ;-)

Thanks for all your work this season!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

jimmy chipwood wrote:Manchester and Eastern Pike were neck and neck when the tournament started in my mind. As of today, Manchester has beaten Fairfield (top 40 SED), Southern (18-4 & #22 SED), and South Webster (#17) to get to the Regionals. Eastern Pike has beaten Eastern Meigs (6-15), East (9-12?) and South Gallia (13-10). I realize you have to play the teams that are on your schedule and who are in your bracket but how many teams in the SED Top 25 would have rolled all three of these teams in the same manner. Oak Hill and Minford would have dominated these three teams easily with South Gallia possibly putting up a fight for a half or so. The next game will be a good indicator of what level they are on. I believe it will be a very close game and I can see either team winning.
Give it up Jimmy. Show the Eagles some love! They took down Manchester tonight!

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Eaglesnest wrote:
Give it up Jimmy. Show the Eagles some love! They took down Manchester tonight!

Boys I'm feeling a little Top 25 comin the Eagles way!

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

I didnt get to go to the Manchester/Eastern game but the box score indicated that Eastern controlled the game from the tip. Impressive win over a hot team. I dont know the numbers but I would bet Manchester shot over 50% from the field in their first 3 tourny games. Im guessing they came back down to Earth for this game and had an average/poor shooting percentage (high 30's/low 40's)???

Portsmouth claims the SED undisputed #1 ranking with their big win tonight! McKinley probably cementing his spot on the SED 1st team as well tonight.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

What if Ironton or Chilly go on to win it all...or Ironton beats Ports by 15 and advances by beating them 2 out of 3?

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Good Point! Some pretty big IF's - lol. As much as I like Chillicothe, they dont have the goods to win State this year. Ironton could very well beat Portsmouth but depending on the competitiveness of that game and what Ironton would go on and do in the State Tournament would decide if they moved past PHS for #1. Just beating them alone wouldnt necessarily make them jump Portsmouth.

Also, Carter has pretty much wrapped up his 1st Team All SED spot.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

If Kretzer hasn't then there is a problem.

Return to “Boys Basketball”