District Championship Fairland vs Waverly @The Convo 3/9

lebasketball
Riding the Bench

Re: District Championship Fairland vs Waverly @The Convo 3/9

Post by lebasketball »

http://www.wkkj.com/cc-common/mainheadl ... le=9860179

congrats to Jake on his District 14 Player of the Year honor
Last edited by lebasketball on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TigerMan
Waterboy

Post by TigerMan »

B-dawg79 wrote:
TIGERFOOL wrote:All I can say is, if you think Kretzer is better than Carter. I think you better wake up Alice cause you are dreaming.... :aaaaa9 :aaaaa9 :aaaaa9 :aaaaa9 :aaaaa9
one thing i can guarantee you is that if carter was on waver
lys team and not kretzer waverly would not be be in the district tournament having kretzer on the team creates shots for the other players and i can bet that anyone would pick kretzer over carter any day
See that is were you are dreaming again....................

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Post by B-dawg79 »

like i said if carter was to be at waverly and not jake they wouldnt be where they are u can bet on it

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

Congrats to Jake Kretzer 1st team all district and player of the year. Devin Kelly hon men all district and Willie Hobbs assistant coach of the year in the District. I am sure they would all trade those awards for a win against a great Fairland team that will battle to the very end. Good Luck Tigers!!!!!!!!

91raider97bobcat
JV Team

Post by 91raider97bobcat »

Winner gets New Philadelphia, who beat John Glenn 38-36 tonight in the district final at Zanesville.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

B-dawg79 wrote:
TIGERFOOL wrote:All I can say is, if you think Kretzer is better than Carter. I think you better wake up Alice cause you are dreaming.... :aaaaa9 :aaaaa9 :aaaaa9 :aaaaa9 :aaaaa9
one thing i can guarantee you is that if carter was on waver
lys team and not kretzer waverly would not be be in the district tournament having kretzer on the team creates shots for the other players and i can bet that anyone would pick kretzer over carter any day
I wouldn't lol

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

B-dawg79 wrote:like i said if carter was to be at waverly and not jake they wouldnt be where they are u can bet on it
Yeah because Waverly don't need another guard, now how about you up the argument, trade Kretzer for lets say Dion McKinley and they are right here and maybe even a little better.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Fairland vs Waverly ... where do you start? LOL ... Waverly is Jake Kretzer ... Jake Kretzer IS Waverly ... okay, okay the Tigers CAN light you up from behind the arc - Phillip Hart/Devin Kelly/Jean Paul White WILL destroy you from deep when they spot up for the trey ( vs Athens at the Beast of the SE the Tigers drained 9/21 treys) ... all things Tiger STILL begin with the BIG MAN in the Orange shoes tho - Mr. Kretzer ... the question mark for Waverly is #12 Zach Corcoran... when the kid shows up to play he is a player and a beast on the boards -but I have seen the kid disappear as well (vs Athens 4 fouls and a goose egg on the points line) ... Fairland has an OUTSTANDING "team" ... one of those TEAMS where the makeup of the team is built around THE BEST "true" post player in Southern Ohio in Evan Salyers ... he's a "thick" 6-5, plays comfortably anywhere in the paint, facing the rim or his back to the basket ... shoots the 15 footer/ draws the defender out then puts it on the floor, takes the baseline and has the footwork/hands to finish around the rim ... the role player cast of characters - OUTSTANDING ... options 2 and 3 (Blake Fuller and Evan Maddox) can and will get you 12-15 points a game inside and outside ... although the 3 ball is NOT the preferred shot selection option for the Dragons they are efficient taking 6-7 long range attempts/gm and will hit on 3- 4 shots from downtown ... FHS has the excellent ball handlers which is what I think of when I go to see a Dragon squad - quick guard play, lots of assists, penetration from out to in AND the dish for points in the paint ... Fairland has ALL of that again this season - Maddox/Riley/ and the freshman Nathan Campbell ... ADD to the equation what Coach Speed says his Dragons are all about - DEFENSE ... solid in your face, in your jersey defense ... I look for the Fairland D to be the difference in this one - forcing the Waverly perimeter folks to shoot off the dribble/no set shots from downtown for WHS ... Salyers (FHS)/Kretzer (WHS) both will get theirs - they won't be guarding each other so a true head to head "ain't" happening ... I personally like the the matchups of the role players - imo advantage Fairland ... bottom line - great ball game to be had by all BUT I like the chances for the Fairland Dragons to Survive and Advance ...

smack
Riding the Bench

Post by smack »

NewEra wrote:
B-dawg79 wrote:like i said if carter was to be at waverly and not jake they wouldnt be where they are u can bet on it
Yeah because Waverly don't need another guard, now how about you up the argument, trade Kretzer for lets say Dion McKinley and they are right here and maybe even a little better.
i wouldn,t trade kretzer for nobody hes the best allaround player i have seen in a long time.

smack
Riding the Bench

Post by smack »

32, 16, 6 wrote:I agree with Jessco. Kretzer and Ward. That offense defense combo works wonders. Unless....The crew of Willie, Cheatem, & Howell show up. Then its up to who survives the laundry tug o war. Kretzer moves well without the ball. He also is a little older than French and has a better idea of how to move to shrug off a defender even if there is no pick he can make one. I would like to see French to develope into that type of player. I know Fairland has talent. I respect a team that can play by the rules without the hooking, reaching, and grabbing. The Warren vs Waverly game was early on in the season. I know Fairland could have just as easily lost to Warren. They let Warren back in the game three times. If Fairland were as good as some would like to believe they would have blown Warren out by 20. The game would have been over at the half. It wasnt. If Waverly stays out of foul trouble, Starts in zone, presses like they do It could be a Tiger victory. If you want let Kretzer bring the ball up court a few times. Fairlands guards like the tap and slap steal. Kretzer has enough height advantage that he can protect the ball with his back hip and expose the foul on the reach. His stride could also trip up a small guard. I look for Fairlands # 30 to play a low agressive D and Maddox to help him out on the steal when hes on help side.
i believe fairlands guards will have a harder time stealing the ball from kelly than normal. hes the best ballhandler around.plus he,ll have kretzer to pass it to.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

OK I feel compelled to post and add my thoughts. Jake didn't beat McClain. Jake didn't beat Fairfield Union. Jake won't beat Fairland.
Now that being said White and Kelly hit big shot at SE in the second half. Just when McClain started to make a run, one of Waverly's guard hits a shot with the Tigers' best player in the locker room. The first half at the Convo Taylor Ward had a couple of nice cuts to the hole. Zach Corcoran was a man on the boards.
Waverly is not a one man team, they have ballers. He is not LeBron to the Cavs he is more Jordan to the Bulls of the 90's. (I did not just compare him to LeBron or MJ, he not close to either What I'm trying to say is Kretzer has players around him, just like MJ did. He's the best player with a team of good players.)
This one will be a great game IMO.
Obviously I'm a Tiger fan so GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TigerMan
Waterboy

Post by TigerMan »

smack wrote:
NewEra wrote:
i wouldn,t trade kretzer for nobody hes the best allaround player i have seen in a long time.
Maybe you need to get out more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lebasketball
Riding the Bench

Post by lebasketball »

TIGERFOOL wrote:
Maybe you need to get out more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

fool = One who is deficient in judgement, sense, or understanding. You did a fantastic job of selecting your username.

earp
S

Post by earp »

The winner of this game gets New Philly in the regional!

TigerMan
Waterboy

Post by TigerMan »

lebasketball wrote:
TIGERFOOL wrote:

fool = One who is deficient in judgement, sense, or understanding. You did a fantastic job of selecting your username.[/quote]

Wow that was a good one! Pretty sad that you had to use the dictionary to come up with a post, that does not pertain to basketball. That shows how much you get out have to sit and read dictionary. CLOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Looking ahead....but curious. How Good is New Philly?

lebasketball
Riding the Bench

Post by lebasketball »

TIGERFOOL wrote:
lebasketball wrote:
TIGERFOOL wrote:

fool = One who is deficient in judgement, sense, or understanding. You did a fantastic job of selecting your username.
Wow that was a good one! Pretty sad that you had to use the dictionary to come up with a post, that does not pertain to basketball. That shows how much you get out have to sit and read dictionary. CLOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41[/quote]

and again you prove my point so well. I thought i would help you out. I have only passed by all those trailer parks down in Ironton. I wasn't sure if they each had their own library or you all were sharing the same dictionary.

TigerMan
Waterboy

Post by TigerMan »

Oh that is such a good one! We dont really have as much time as you all do. You know we do have a football team that is always in the playoffs and also a basketball team as well. So we cannot sit and read the dictionary like you do in Waverly. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

NewEra wrote:
No way no how....Kretzer does everything for the Tigers. Waverly would not have made it out of the Sectionals with Dion McKinley in place of Kretzer.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Crab's brother wrote:
NewEra wrote:
No way no how....Kretzer does everything for the Tigers. Waverly would not have made it out of the Sectionals with Dion McKinley in place of Kretzer.
Agreed! Kretzer, McKinley and Carter are all fantastic players, but they all have different skill sets that fit each of their teams and helped them get where they are. If you traded any of the 3 for another of the 3, the teams would not be the same and wouldn't be where there are right now.

Back to the game....good luck Waverly! I have to cheer for the orange and black from the SOC!

Return to “Boys Basketball”