Best Game by a Player this Year

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Best Game by a Player this Year

Post by Ironman92 »

List some of the best individual performances this year.

Colt Chapman of Jackson had 37 pts and 16 rb versus Portsmouth.

Doc Seip of Whiteoak had a 28 pt, 17 rb, 8 blk game....I think it was against Ripley (16-4)

Didnt Zac Carter have a 41 or 42 point game?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: Best Game by a Player this Year

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Jake Daniels for Peebles has had some very good games this season. He had 17pts, 24rebs, 3blks, 4assists against Paint Valley and 18pts, 15rebs, 8blks against North Adams in our Holiday Tournament. He also had 26pts, I think 11rebs, and 5blks in a 2 pt win over Ripley and 17pts, 17rebs, and 5blks against Piketon recently.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Dion McKinley had some monster games as well. I know he had 42pts against Logan and something like 35pts 25rebs against another squad.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

I would have to put Trey Fletcher against Brooke Point way up the list as well. Anyone have his specific stats from that one? I was there but it was pretty difficult to keep up with him on the offensive end. He was well into the 30s. Evan French from Warren put up 40pts against Chillicothe as well.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Warrior Evan French went off for 40 in their loss at Chilli

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Kretzer 43

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Won't get much attention unless you saw it. Malik London of Chillicothe has triple double with 19 points, 12 rebounds and 10 block shots. Throw in a few assists and a 7-11 performance from the field. All the while being double and triple teamed.

I'm curious A's to how many triple doubles the area has seen.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

hitchbone64 wrote:Won't get much attention unless you saw it. Malik London of Chillicothe has triple double with 19 points, 12 rebounds and 10 block shots. Throw in a few assists and a 7-11 performance from the field. All the while being double and triple teamed.

Im more curious to how many other teams has had a single player block 10 shots in one game :shock:

FlyingBuckeye3
Riding the Bench

Post by FlyingBuckeye3 »

I could be wrong and have no numbers but wasn't Carter`s performance against Upper Room pretty impressive (especially if you consider the level of competition).

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Agreed. And, didn't Fletcher put up similar numbers in that same game?

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

hitchbone64 wrote:Won't get much attention unless you saw it. Malik London of Chillicothe has triple double with 19 points, 12 rebounds and 10 block shots. Throw in a few assists and a 7-11 performance from the field. All the while being double and triple teamed.

I've always been a much bigger fan of games like this than games simply full of large scoring numbers. Don't get me wrong, guys going off for huge offensive numbers is certainly impressive, but I personally believe guys puttinng up stat-sheet filling games shows much more balance to their game. Anytime you see a triple-double involving blocked shots and rebounds with the points, it immediately makes me think of the type of effort a kid had to put forth to get those numbers. It's tough to deliver numbers like that and take possessions off at one end of the floor or another. For instance, I've seen players put up 30-40 points in a game, but take numerous possessions off on the defensive end. However, I doubt London (for example) took many possessions "off" at either end of the floor while putting up those numbers. That's why I'd rather see more than just the amount of points scored in a game when people list "big games" from players. It's no wonder too many kids these days only want to shoot and play offense, because too many people only want to talk about points scored when assessing "good games".

Ok, I'm off my soap box now :lol:

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Johnson from South Gallia had 38.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Pick one

Ironton vs Chillicothe

Dion Brown and Trey Fletcher left the game in the 1st Period with injuries and didn't return

Zac Carter - 12 1 14-17 = 41 Points - 4 Steals - 2 Assists - 3 Rebounds
...................................................................................................................

Ironton vs Fairland

Brown and Fletcher did not play.

Zac Carter - 9 3 9-9 = 36 Points - 3 Assists - 3 Steals - 4 Rebounds
......................................................................................................................

Ironton vs Upper Room Christian Academy (2-D1 Recruits 6'4 Purvis #20 in Country signed NC State and 6'8 Coger #27
.........................................................Center in the Country NC State - Missouri)

Zac Carter - 5 4 7-8 = 29 Points - 13 Assists - 2 Steals - 3 Rebounds
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ironton vs Brooke Point, VA

Zac Carter did not play in this game do to injury

Trey Fletcher - 9 4 7-8= 37 Points - 13 Rebounds -

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Big soapbox jesco, REALLY not enough for you lol, you think the ball just magicly goes in that a kid who puts up 40+ in a game isnt working lol I could have put up Jakes numbers double diget rebounds, steals multiple assists, free throw %, blocked shots, but sheesh figured 43 was plenty and i think it is for most people, thought you knew enough about the game you would look at that and say great game, you know every game Kretzer gets the best defensive player or double teamed and or some type of gimmick defense trying to stop him and still avg. close to 30. I love defense, blocks, steals, boxing out but they dont always translate to points just possessions someone still has to put the ball in the hole and if you put it in for 40+ you say great game, not thats not enough for me, bud come back down to earth off of that soap box pretty fickle.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Kretz could have had 50+ against Webster, but they pulled him towards the beginning of the quarter

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

crazymidgets wrote:Big soapbox jesco, REALLY not enough for you lol, you think the ball just magicly goes in that a kid who puts up 40+ in a game isnt working lol I could have put up Jakes numbers double diget rebounds, steals multiple assists, free throw %, blocked shots, but sheesh figured 43 was plenty and i think it is for most people, thought you knew enough about the game you would look at that and say great game, you know every game Kretzer gets the best defensive player or double teamed and or some type of gimmick defense trying to stop him and still avg. close to 30. I love defense, blocks, steals, boxing out but they dont always translate to points just possessions someone still has to put the ball in the hole and if you put it in for 40+ you say great game, not thats not enough for me, bud come back down to earth off of that soap box pretty fickle.
Why are you using Jake Kretzer's numbers as a means to some sort of defense against what I posted? I didn't say anything at all about Kretzer in my post? I'm also curious where you think I failed to state that putting up huge scoring numbers is impressive? Here is a quote from my post:

"Don't get me wrong, guys going off for huge offensive numbers is certainly impressive, but I personally believe guys puttinng up stat-sheet filling games shows much more balance to their game."

I guess you paid zero attention to the "Don't get me wrong" part lol

As far as Kretzer goes, I said during the regular season that I thought he was the best player in the SOC on that particular thread. I've also said countless times that he is an absolute beast and extremely difficult for high school kids his own age to handle. In fact, when typing my initial response on this thread, I had some of Kretzer's performances in mind, I just didn't have the numbers to back it up do I couldn't post anything showing some of his incredible performances.

As for my knowledge of the game, that you questioned...well, I'll keep studying up, and with a little luck I'll learn a thing or two about this game eventually :lol: lol

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Kenton Gullion - Freshman Minford, 32 points, broke school record with 10 threes in a game, also added 11 rebounds.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Considering the opposition I think I would have to give the nod to Zac or Trey! JMO

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

probably because i was the only one who just put his point total up and you said points wasnt enough for you, then you said guys just scoring might take plays off, well if your putting up those kind of games your not taking very many plays off to begin with. like I said just say great game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”