Re: 93Bulldog/Pfloyd 1st annual 'Complete Convo Coverage' th

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

South Webster 70
Symmes Valley 48 a final

... in the nightcap the South Webster Jeeps continued deeper into the post season by beating a very young Symmes Valley squad 70 - 48 Jeeps ... SW led at all of the quarter breaks as Coach Ater's boyz had too much fire power ... the Jeeps #1 option Austin Loop was held scoreless in the first qtr. but Levi Cook/Seth Goddard took up the slack hitting for 8/5 points respectively in the quarter ... South Webster 13 Symmes Valley 9 after one ... SW stretched the lead out to a 10 point advantage on the strength of 2 treys by Cook and 8 points by Loop ... SV had 4 starting underclassmen keep the Jeeps within reach led by DJ Millers 7 points on 2 triples/ Tyler Rowe added 4 pts/ Austin Baldwin & Alec Herrell chipping in 2 apiece ...South Webster 35 Symmes Valley 25 at the half ... the Jeeps stayed steady taking care of the ball, getting 4 buckets in the paint to go with a Loop trey ... Miller added his 3rd three pointer of the game but it wasn't enough to keep SW from opening up the lead ... South Webster 49 Symmes Valley 36 after three quarters ... the final period had the fans looking for a dunk from the SW high flyers (Loop/Sutton) ... Loop brought the crowd to it's feet as he left the court just inside the foul line to slam a rebound, two handed dunk ONLY to have it waved off by a foul called on SV before the slam ... meanwhile SW teammate Levi Cook continued to drive to the rim/pick up fouls on the SV interior players - Cook was 7/8 from the line in the 4th ... then with :55 seconds left on the clock David Sutton took a feed off the board above the rim with 2 hands - slammed it down to keep the Convo Dunk Streak alive ... South Webster 70 Symmes Valley 48 a final ...

... Pfloyd's Official/UNofficial Napkin Stats - South Webster ...

Scoring : Levi Cook 26, Austin Loop 17, David Sutton 14, Seth Goddard 7, Swords/Salisbury/Ruark 2 each ...

3 Pointers : 5/18 ... Cook 3, Loop 1, Goddard 1

FTs: 21/27

TOs : 6

ATR : 14

Transition : 3

... Pfloyd's Official/UNofficial Napkins Stats - Symmes Valley ...

Scoring : DJ Miller 20, Alec Herrell 8, Austin Baldwin 7, Tyler Rowe 7, Mitch Corn 5, Tanner Conley 1

3 Pointers : 5/9 ... DJ Miller 5

FTs : 5/13

TOs: 11

ATR : 8

Transition : 1

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

A few photos from South Webster vs Symmes Valley ... http://www.facebook.com/pages/High-scho ... 968&type=1

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

The Swanker Pine mobile will be making the trip to Athens for all day hoops action Saturday

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Pfloyd, what's your thoughts on the South Gallia and Notre Dame game?

buckingred67
Waterboy

Post by buckingred67 »

Pfloyd nice to catch up with the guru of SE OHIO basketball. I thought the dunk that counted was just as good as the one that didn't.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd ... I'm gonna have to dock you one nights pay this week buddy ... lol ... I was forced to print a retraction over the invalid scoring performances Tuesday night ... You had Combs & Ricketts down for 22 pts each ... I recieved conformation that Ricketts scored 24 and Combs 23 ... The next angry parent that e-mails me over a mistake will be directed to your e-mail! LOL

ANYONE WHO HAS NOT VISITED THE CONVO 2012 PAGE LATELY - it's lookin prety sweet with all the stuff now updated and more photos uploaded ... http://trivalleyconference.com/TVCNews.html

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93dog!!!!... hence the "Official/UNofficial" before the "Napkin Stat Line" ... BUT then again you automatically assume that "I'm the one that is wrong"???????????? ... I do the best I can - I'm old, feeble, sit in the Cheap Seats a mile and half from the court ... my pencil runs outta lead sometimes, my wife makes me talk to her during the games "sometimes" ... :mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Landscape of those who have Survived and Advanced thru 3/9/12 ...

...Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Final Standings...

1. Chesapeake (19-1)

2. Portsmouth (18-2)

3. Warren (18-2)

4. Ironton (15-5)

5. Eastern Brown (16-4) / Lucasville Valley (16-4)

6. Logan Elm (15-5)

7. Southern (17-3)

8. Fairland (15-5)

... Treehugger Wannabes ...

(13-7) Chillicothe
(15-5) Hillsboro
(15-5) Waverly
(15-5) Peebles
(15-5) Belpre
(18-2) Portsmouth Notre Dame
(13-7) Piketon
(14-6) Unioto
(14-6) Huntington
(14-6) Sheridan
(14-6) Vinton County
(15-5) Eastern Pike
(12-8) South Webster
(12-8) North Adams
(12-8) Circleville
(13-7) Southeastern
(13-6) Minford
(13-7) Oak Hill
(10-10) Marietta
(11-9) Lynchburg Clay
(11-9) Fairfield Leesburg
(7-13) Logan
(8-12) Jackson
(12-8) Federal Hocking
(12-8) Manchester
(8-12) Westfall
(11-9) Athens
(12-8) Wellston
(12-8) Nelsonville York
(11-9) South Gallia
(9-11) Fairfield Union
(9-10) Zane Trace
(9-11) New Lexington
(10-10) Washington CH
(9-11) Miami Trace
(10-10) Waterford
(13-7) New Boston Glenwood
(10-10) South Point
(11-11) Wahama
(12-8) Coal Grove
(7-13) Wheelersburg
(9-11) Rock Hill
(8-12) Portsmouth East
(10-10) St. Joseph
(7-13) Franklin Furnace Green
(7-13) Whiteoak
(5-15) Paint Valley
(5-15) River Valley
(5-15) Greenfield McClain
(5-15) Reedsville Eastern
(4-16) Crooksville
(4-15) Portsmouth West
(4-15) Miller
(5-15) Alexander
(3-17) Western Pike
(7-13) Symmes Valley

... Teams on the End Table ...

(3-17) Gallia Academy
(2-18) Northwest
(2-18) Trimble
(2-18) Portsmouth Clay
(1-19) West Union
(1-19) Adena
(1-19) Meigs

Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Floyd and 93dog,

With Divisions 2 and 3 set for District Championship play, who do you guys see advancing, and/or what are your keys to each game?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Chilli should advance - they got lucky with their draw IMO ... The Waverly/Fairland game outta be a doozy - lots of folks like Fairland - but I hate to bet against a guy like Kretzer ... He really shined in the Convo once already. Flip a coin on that game ... I can see the three 'big dogs' in DIII all advancing ... Chesapeake, Ironton & Portsmouth ... But it won't be easy and I would not be surprised if one of them gets beat Saturday ... if you pinned me down and I was forced to pick one of the underdogs - it would probably be Eastern Brown over Ironton ... But that is ONLY IF I HAD TO PICK ONE ... lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Jesco White here's my take on ...D2

... Chillicothe vs Roundtown (Circleville) ... Coach Evans' boyz have had an OUTSTANDING sesaon ...MSL hardened for sure ... balanced scoring from Burrows/Smith/Hammon with the BIG "go to boyz" being Denzel Amey and Nathan Moats - BOTH get their points on the blocks and in the paint ... outside shooting/scoring - NADA ... under the good perimeter pressure of Logan Elm in their last get together Circleville was 1/10 from downtown ...IF the points are coming from the perimeter look for Hammon to pulling the trigger ...BUT unfortunately the strength of the Roundtown attack (in the paint) plays into the hands literally of the premier interior defensive player in ALL of Southern/Southeast Ohio - Malik London ... there was a time when London had difficulty staying out of foul trouble because of his shot blocking - as a senior? the kid stays on the floor, blocks from behind the primary defender - he is the real deal in the paint this season ... let's not forget the overall TEAM defense that Coach Kellough's troops throw at you - Zach Johnson/Aaron Elliott/Adam Bixler/Jalen Jones ...all solid at the defensive end - will make you pay in the transition game ... offensively I like the role players around both London/Zach Johnson - Bixler IS a scoring threat, Elliott will get his 10-12 points ... Bottom line Circleville will have a difficult time getting points - Roundtown inside strength (Amey/Moats) plays right into London/Elliott & Cavs D ... my Ouija Board has Malik London with Triple Double game - points/boards/blocks ... Chilli moves on ...

... Fairland vs Waverly ... where do you start? LOL ... Waverly is Jake Kretzer ... Jake Kretzer IS Waverly ... okay, okay the Tigers CAN light you up from behind the arc - Phillip Hart/Devin Kelly/Jean Paul White WILL destroy you from deep when they spot up for the trey ( vs Athens at the Beast of the SE the Tigers drained 9/21 treys) ... all things Tiger STILL begin with the BIG MAN in the Orange shoes tho - Mr. Kretzer ... the question mark for Waverly is #12 Zach Corcoran... when the kid shows up to play he is a player and a beast on the boards -but I have seen the kid disappear as well (vs Athens 4 fouls and a goose egg on the points line) ... Fairland has an OUTSTANDING "team" ... one of those TEAMS where the makeup of the team is built around THE BEST "true" post player in Southern Ohio in Evan Salyers ... he's a "thick" 6-5, plays comfortably anywhere in the paint, facing the rim or his back to the basket ... shoots the 15 footer/ draws the defender out then puts it on the floor, takes the baseline and has the footwork/hands to finish around the rim ... the role player cast of characters - OUTSTANDING ... options 2 and 3 (Blake Fuller and Evan Maddox) can and will get you 12-15 points a game inside and outside ... although the 3 ball is NOT the preferred shot selection option for the Dragons they are efficient taking 6-7 long range attempts/gm and will hit on 3- 4 shots from downtown ... FHS has the excellent ball handlers which is what I think of when I go to see a Dragon squad - quick guard play, lots of assists, penetration from out to in AND the dish for points in the paint ... Fairland has ALL of that again this season - Maddox/Riley/ and the freshman Nathan Campbell ... ADD to the equation what Coach Speed says his Dragons are all about - DEFENSE ... solid in your face, in your jersey defense ... I look for the Fairland D to be the difference in this one - forcing the Waverly perimeter folks to shoot off the dribble/no set shots from downtown for WHS ... Salyers (FHS)/Kretzer (WHS) both will get theirs - they won't be guarding each other so a true head to head "ain't" happening ... I personally like the the matchups of the role players - imo advantage Fairland ... bottom line - great ball game to be had by all BUT I like the chances for the Fairland Dragons to Survive and Advance ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... D3 ... have some work to do tonight,but I'll put up my take on the 3 DIII match-ups ... a little rundown of each of those 6 TEAMS - going to be some "games" from these matchups :

Cheapeake vs Peebles

Eastern Brown vs Ironton

Lucasville Valley vs Portsmouth

... THIS is what the 3 Weeks of the Convo is all about right there ... WOW!!!

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

What are the times for games on Friday and Saturday??? Trying to adjust my schedule to allow some basketball 30 this weekend.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Friday night D2 action:

Chillicothe vs Circleville (6:15)
Fairland vs Waverly (8:15)

Saturday D4:

Manchester vs So Webster (10 am)
Notre Dame/South Gallia vs Eastern Pike/Portsmouth East (11:45 am)

D3 Saturday Evening :

Peake vs Peebles (5pm)
Eastern Brown vs Ironton (7pm)
Valley vs Portsmouth (9pm)

... lots of great hoops for sure !!!!

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Thanks pfloyd. I have to make some time for Friday and Saturday nights. All 5 of those games could be put on your "must see" list. Lots of very talented teams in our area this year. Any one of these teams can go far if they bring their A game!!! Looking forward to the Fairland game. I am a VC fan, but have kinda jumped on the Fairland bandwagon since I seen them play in the Beast of the SE tourny.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I'm right there with you skidaddy - all of those games are great Cheap Seats games for sure - Friday night should be outstanding, Saturday the same !!! it's ALL GOOD !!! ... Fairland has all of the "things" I personally like - #1 on their list of how they approach the game is DEFENSE ... with their defense comes the transition game Coach Speed would like to get those 3-4 baskets a game in the transition game ... the Dragons play the half court game - working the ball, penetrating/dishing ... using the Big Man in the middle - making sure he gets his touches every time down court ... they CAN shoot the 3 ball BUT they don't live or die by the three ... IF there is a weakness that the Dragons have shown it is when the opposition plays zone, forcing FHS to LIVE on their perimeter shot - not their strength imo ... but I have been a Fairland fan all season for sure ...

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ironton (17-5).........Opponants combined records...352-194 - 64.5%

**** Still in Tournament Play

Ironton..53 - Lucasville (18-4)..........50 **** In D3 District Final vs Portsmouth 3/10
Ironton..66 - Portsmouth (20-2)........52 **** In D3 Disrict Final vs Lucasville Valley 3-10
Ironton..44 - Waverly (18-5)............42 **** In D2 Regional Semi Final vs New Philadelphia 3-15
Ironton..62 - Huntington,WV (13-12)..54 Lost to South Charleston in AAA Region 4 Semi Final
Ironton..64 - ST Clairsville (21-2)......51 **** In D2 Regional Semi Final vs Chillicothe 3-15
Ironton..53 - Brookhaven (19-5)........48 **** In D2 Regional Semi Final vs Defiance/Sandusky Perkins 3-15
Ironton..62 - Brook Point, VA (16-9)...58
Chesapeake (21-1)...69 - Ironton.......66 **** In D3 District Final vs Peebles 3-10
Ironton..63 - Gallia Academy (3-18)....35
Ironton..69 - Ashland, KY (23-12).......68 Lost Reg 16 Finals vs Rowan 56-59
Greenup CO (18-14)...62 - Ironton......57
Ironton..62 - Spring Valley (7-18).......42
Portsmouth (20-2)......59 - Ironton.....53 **** In D3 Disrict Final vs Lucasville Valley 3-10
Ironton..72 - Greenup CO (18-14).......26
Ironton..80 - Col Hor Sci Acad (12-8)...54 Lost In D3 District Final to Columbus Academy
Ironton..76 - Russell (18-14).............45
UR Christian Acad (19-11) 95 - Ironton..94
Ironton...53 - Wheelersburg (8-13)......39
Chillicothe (16-7)...70 - Ironton..........64 **** In D2 Regional Semi Final vs ST Clairsville 3-15
Ironton...69 - Fairland (17-6).............58 Lost In D2 District Final to Waverly[/b]

Ironton...68 - Oak Hill (14-8).............58......Sectional Win
Ironton...63 - Wellston (13-9).............30.....District Semi Final Win

4 of Irontons Opponants are in the D2 Regional Semi Finals and 3 of Irontons Opponants are playing in their District Finals (3-D3) with 1 (D3) and 1 (D2) Team losing in their District Final. Ironton was 7-3 vs these Teams (Split with Portsmouth).
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:35 am, edited 7 times in total.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

throw in an elite 8 girls game between oak Hill and africentric at 1:30 which should be a great one also. can anyone help me out on what the admission will look like on saturday counting the girls game? will i have to pay 3 times 8, 2 times 8, or the best value, 1 ticket gets you all day action? i doubt the state is gonna let 8 bucks get you 6 games so thats probably out. lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Don't quote me on this: But I think the first two DIV boys AND the Oak Hill girls game is one session ... Clear out the Convo ... Final three boys game is one session.

Return to “Boys Basketball”