93Bulldog/Pfloyd 1st annual 'Complete Convo Coverage' thread

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: 93Bulldog/Pfloyd 1st annual 'Complete Convo Coverage' th

Post by pfloyd »

Portsmouth 48
Piketon 32 a final

... Portsmouth's senior post player Dion McKinley came within 5 points of knocking off Piketon singlehandedly ... as McKinley owned the paint for the Trojans hitting for 28 points on the night 6 baskets on offensive rebounds AND a monster dunk to keep this years record at the Convo of at least one dunk per night of action going ... with McKinley supplying the offensive punch down low the Portsmouth TEAM made this a no doubter by defensively holding the Red Streaks of Coach Lisath to 5 points in the opening quarter and just 3 points in the 3rd to knock the young Piketon squad (only one senior) from further Convo action ... McKinley + TEAM Defensive = Portsmouth 48 Piketon 32 a final ...

... Pfloyd's Official/UNofficial Napkin Stats - Piketon ...

Scoring : Isaac Brabson 9, Craigon Moore 9, Zac Farmer 6, Wyatt Brewster 6, Jeremy Farmer 2

3 Pointers : 2/14 ...Craigon Moore 2

FTs : 6/8

TO's : 18

At the Rim : 10

Transition : 1

... Pfloyd's Official/UNofficial Napkin Stats - Portsmouth ...

Scoring : Dion McKinley 28, Wayne Evans 11, Zaide Whitley 4, Len Collins 2, Dayllen Carter 2, Duke Edwards 1

3 Pointers : 1/5 ... Zaide Whitley 1

FTs : 15/24

TO's : 17

At the Rim : 14

Transition : 2

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

93dog I waited at top of steps for you at halftime after yiou said you wanted to talk to me about something but I guess the hot dogs in the hospitality room must have been pretty good? :mrgreen:

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

Mckinley was a beast inside and from the free throw line tonight. Carter was as advertised as well. Alot of lopsided district games tonight.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Southern vs Manchester followed by South Webster vs Symmes Valley ... a Tuesday night two-fer at the Convo tonight ... many questions to be answered for sure not the least of which being "Will D4 keep the dunk streak alive tonight ??? - as every night at least one dunk has been thrown down during Basketball Thirty ... we'll be there in the Cheap Seats - pencil/napkins in hand ready to see who can claim THEY should have been ranked as the top D4 school on the Elite 8 rankings ... gotta love a good story line ...

... Lou! wore the OU scarf this morning, will have it in tow as that sun sets on the Convo this evening as I walk up the entrance ramp into Basketball Thirty ... thanks my friend ! ...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

LOOP for Webster keeps the dunk streah going! also Webster has a little man that can through it down cant think of his name right now ...enjoy!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Loop for the Jeeps ... Combs/Ricketts (sp) for Manchester should keep the streak alive ... carry the torch ... add a notch in the belt ... carry the load ... :mrgreen: ... no pressure though !!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Alright ... Floyd getting excited for some division IV basketball? He's been known to 'take the night' off when it comes to the 'little guys' - glad to see you finally giving the 'small town' folks some love Floyd ... lol

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

BTW ... FLOYD ...

Check out the Convo 2012 link now ... http://trivalleyconference.com/TVCNews.html

I want you to scroll down to the 2nd set of pics ... I'm finally fed up with the Purple Hippo getting mentioned over the loud speaker ... I'm going to any lengths here to get Lou to mention ol 93Dog ... lol ... The gauntlet has been thrown, the challenge laid down ... If the Dogs' name isn't mentioned - the picture gets deleted!!! LOL LOL

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Lou !!!! the Voice of high school hoops in Southern/Southeast Ohio !!! great pic of THE MAN ... ah yesssss! 93dog pulls out the "extortion" card ... I'm thinkin' Lou has connections to some folks named "Guido" who could make sure that pic stays on the TVC website, it's already ON the scoreboard ! AND it will be on a billboard along Rt.33 <= just sayin ...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

come on 93dog ....begging? .. thats not you.....lol

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Loop, Swords, Dyer, Sutton, and on a good day, Salisbury can all throw it down for webster. Levi Cook attempted one earlier in the season as well

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Pfloyd gets to see the DUNK STREAK continue..it was not Mr. Loop like I told you be he did have the assist off the glass!..I KNOW..you enjoyed that!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

biggdowgg wrote:Pfloyd gets to see the DUNK STREAK continue..it was not Mr. Loop like I told you be he did have the assist off the glass!..I KNOW..you enjoyed that!

The dunk by the South Webster kid tonight was awesome! But Floyd is trying to say it didn't count since their was a foul on the floor during the 'pass-off-the-glass.'

lol

I say "IT'S GOOD!"

If I had a sign that said '10' on it - I would have been holding it up like at a dunk contest ... Floyd's always tryin to ruin the party ... lol ... I say we out-vote him on this one and say THE STREAK DOES IN FACT CONTINUE!

smack
Riding the Bench

Post by smack »

notice that you have kretzer scoreing 30 aganst fairland.shouldbe fairfield.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93dog !!!! you left too early !!!! the streak DID in fact stay intact !!! David Sutton for the Jeeps threw down the two handed jam with :55 ticks on the clock !!! the Dunk Streak at the Convo IS ALIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT !!!!!!!! Mr. Sutton with the slam !!!!! ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Pfloyd..that was the dunk I was talking about the radio said Loop got the assist for laying it off the backboard..I kneew the first one by loop diddnt count....dog has to hang around to the end....lol

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

pfloyd wrote:... 93dog !!!! you left too early !!!! the streak DID in fact stay intact !!! David Sutton for the Jeeps threw down the two handed jam with :55 ticks on the clock !!! the Dunk Streak at the Convo IS ALIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT !!!!!!!! Mr. Sutton with slam !!!!! ...

There might be a video of this later on. David can get up there. He's been doing it ever since 3rd grade jumping off the swings at recess 8)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:... 93dog !!!! you left too early !!!! the streak DID in fact stay intact !!! David Sutton for the Jeeps threw down the two handed jam with :55 ticks on the clock !!! the Dunk Streak at the Convo IS ALIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT !!!!!!!! Mr. Sutton with slam !!!!! ...

lol ... Darn it Floyd ... That's not cool at all man ... That was probably the highlight of the night with both games being somewhat blowouts ...

Thank goodness he got one though - we may have argued over the 'mystery' slam for years!!

:mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Southern 60
Manchester 75 a final

... Opening round Div 4 District action had the Southern Tornadoes bowing out of the post season , losing to the Manchester Greyhounds ... Manchester 75 Southern 60 a final ... both teams were in feeling out mode in the first quarter of play as Southern's outstanding senior forward Andrew Roseberry hit for 6 points on drives to the rim while the Greyhounds were led by the trio of Travis Combs (2)/Dylan Ricketts (4) Dalton West (4) ... Manchester 14 Southern 13 after one ... period #2 had both teams getting comfortable at the offensive end as Manchester outscored Southern 21-17 led by the duo of Combs/Ricketts (6/8 points respectively in the period) ... Southern kept within reach of the Tornadoes on the shooting of Roseberry (8 points in the period), Ethan Martin hit for his 2nd triple of the game for SHS ... Manchester 35 Southern 30 at intermission ... Manchester opened up a double digit lead as Travis Combs hit for 9 pts... TEAM Manchester had 22 in the quarter ... Southern got 3 three balls from Martin but it wasn't enough to close the gap ... Manchester 57 Southern 43 after three ... Quarter #4 was a virtual draw as both teams matched buckets ... Manchester 75 Southern 60 a final ...

... Pfloyd's Official/UNofficial Napkin Stats - Southern ...

Scoring : Andrew Roseberry 25, Ethan Martin 15, Chandler Drummer 12, Nathan Roberts 3, Marcus Hill 3, Andrew Ginther 2

3 Pointers: 5/16 ... Ethan Martin 5

FTs : 7/14

TOs : 12

At the Rim : 13

Transition Buckets: 2

... Pfloyd's Official/UNofficial Napkin Stats - Manchester ...

Scoring : Travis Combs 22. Dylan Ricketts 22, Dalton West 18, Braxten Gaffin 6, Kyle Adams 5, Adam Smith 1

3 Pointers : 5/14 ... Dylan Ricketts 2, Combs 1, Adams 1, West 1

FTs : 13/21

TOs: 15

At the Rim : 18

Transition: 2

Return to “Boys Basketball”