Re: 93Bulldog/Pfloyd 1st annual 'Complete Convo Coverage' th

Post by bman »

Final
Waverly 51, Fairfield Union 48

FU 12 8 13 15
W 10 10 12 19

W - Kretzer 30 points, including 12 in fourth
FU - Clark 18 points, Barr 16 points

Kelly had a big steal and layup to put Waverly up 47-45. Waverly also got two offensive rebounds off of missed free throws in last 12.5 seconds.

Congrats to Waverly on the win, and to FU on making the Convo.

D2 finals - 3/9
Circleville vs. Chillicothe, 6:15pm
Waverly vs. Fairland, 8:15pm

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Man, this is such a bummer Floyd wasn't able to make it to tonights games! lol

It was like a completely different place inside the Convo this evening ... Huge crowd, lots of energy, two great back-and-forth games ... The Waverly/FFU game is probably the best game I've seen all year (with My Bulldogs beating Logan Elm running a close second.) ... Kretzer's steal, drive and TWO-HANDED SLAM to put Waverly up 47-45 was sick! I have to give Fairfield Union a ton of credit though - they hung right in their and actually was leading 33-32 heading into the fourth ... Clark is a heckuva player, no doubt about it - and so is Kretzer! That's what high school hoops is all about, two tough teams battling back-and-forth ... Two great players going head-to-head ... Definitly a great night of basketball at the Convo.

Maybe just as impressive as the Waverly/FFU game was the play of Fairland ... The Dragons showed up to play and really took it to Warren ... 'In your face' man-to-man defense all night - attacking the rim on every possession ... They looked tough - and I for one - can wait till Championship Saturday to see Waverly vs Fairland - that should be one heck of a game!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

efarns wrote:that's a great site!

I was interested to see the scoring range for the games so far. Do those teams usually score in the 40's and 50's?

efarns, At this time of year, the coaches strategize a bit more. Player's butt checks also get a little tighter. Would not surprise me to see mist D2 scores in the 40's/50's. IMO, the officials also are at a higher caliber, so kids don't get bailed out by ticky-tack fouls. You must earn 2 points at the Convo.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93dog ... you don't have to sell me on Fairland I KNOW they are the real deal, have known that all season ... excellent basketball team for sure Salyers, Campbell, Maddox, Fuller, Riley, Warner, Midkiff, Wooren, Goodman ... Coach Speed stated in the paper "We're a Defensive ball club" ... anxious to see the napkin stats for this one Fairland 59 Warren 50 final ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93dog !!!! when I left the Convo last night, turned the radio on to the end of the OU /Kent State game ... the announcers went through a couple of scenarios about what could happen in the MAC tourney depending on the outcome of Friday/Saturday games ... one scenario was OU losing, Kent State and ??? both winning IF that happened OU would HOST a first round game AT THE CONVO ON MONDAY ????????????? what would they do with the scheduled district games on Monday ????? - did I hear this right or were they just talking into my bad ear ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

They can send OU to California to play for all I care ... lol ... High school hoops takes first priority ... Honestly, I have no idea Floyd - I can find out though.

Only napkin stats I have is scoring leaders Floyd ... FULLER - game high 21 ... Maddox 18 pts ... For Warren, Henthorn had 18 to lead the Warriors.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

FAIRLAND VS WARREN PHOTO ALBUM ... http://www.facebook.com/pages/High-scho ... 968&type=1

WAVERLY VS FAIRFIELD UNION PHOTO ALBUM ... http://www.facebook.com/pages/High-scho ... 968&type=3

* I will add some of them to the 'CONVO 2012' web page here in a little while.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

last year it was missed free throws that killed warren. this year, turnovers due to lazy passes pretty much all game was the achilles heel.

as far as the second game, fairfield union came to play and the refs let #15 for waverly do whatever he wanted. with that said, congrats to waverly and fairland. #22 for fairfield union got to the rim whenever he wanted but they stopped going to him for some reason. fairfield union is a great rebounding team especially for their size! i agree with 93' that this was one of the best games i saw all year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

QUICK RUN-DOWN on the Waverly/FFU game:

Fairfield Union - 12 8 13 15 - 48
Waverly - 10 10 12 19 - 51

* Fairfield Union led by 2 after the 1st quarter ... The game was tied at 20 at the half ... FFU took a 33-32 lead into the fourth quarter - then Waverly outscored them 19-15 in the final frame.
I had it tied 40-40 (4:40 mark) ... 45-45 (2:52 left) ... 45-45 (1:26 left) ... 49-48 Waverly with 19.8 seconds left.

Kretzer had a monster game: 30 points.
Clark for FFU - 18 pts
Barr for FFU - 16 pts

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

93 Bulldog .... Do you know of any radio coverage for the Peake/Huntington and ZT/Peebles games tonight ? Thx

Old*rocket
JV Team

Post by Old*rocket »

SOCMAN05 wrote:93 Bulldog .... Do you know of any radio coverage for the Peake/Huntington and ZT/Peebles games tonight ? Thx
94.3 should Carrie both games. Believe they have Internet broadcast also. Wkkj. Com

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

THX......... OLD ROCKET !!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Honest question: How do you assigned to ref district games? Do you just have to own a shirt and a whistle? Goodness they have been patheticly inconsistent in the Chesapeake/Huntington game.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

danicalifornia wrote:Honest question: How do you assigned to ref district games? Do you just have to own a shirt and a whistle? Goodness they have been patheticly inconsistent in the Chesapeake/Huntington game.
Danicalifornia, You are usually one of the more unbiased, common sense, level headed posters on here. Therefore, I imagine it is pretty bad tonight.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

It was just awful, there were many times I just put my head in my hands at some of the calls. Both teams could have had many gripes, but kudos to both for playing through it and neither coach losing their cool. Good win for the Panthers, the better team won, but the Huntsmen really battled hard and put up a strong showing after a slow start.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

HITCHBONE Hope all is well storm wise in your area tonite. Safe travels if you are on the road.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

32, 16, 6 wrote:HITCHBONE Hope all is well storm wise in your area tonite. Safe travels if you are on the road.
Likewise to you as well. Weather has cleared finally. Hopefully the weather down on the river and at the Convo clears. Our prayers are up for all those hit by the tornadoes and severe storms.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Trent Arey has been electric so far for Peebles. Real tough player, fun to watch.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles beats Zane Trace in the district semi 67-40.

Return to “Boys Basketball”