93Bulldog/Pfloyd 1st annual 'Complete Convo Coverage' thread

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: 93Bulldog/Pfloyd 1st annual 'Complete Convo Coverage' th

Post by 93Bulldog »

skidaddy wrote:Don't understand the Twitter thing yet. I guess I will have to get with my 16 year old son and find out about that. I just recently got rid of my Rugby phone and purchased an Iphone. Still trying to figure that thing out!!
twitter is easy ... Power 105 puts up a link on their posts here on SEOPS - just click on the link and then 'follow' WATH.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

FINALLY ... GAME DAY!

To say I'm excited about tonight may be a slight understatement ... lol ... Went out and got me a new pair of shoes, new socks, a new pair of jeans, had a special sweatshirt made at ZONEZ and got my hair cut. To put that into perspective: I usually wear the same pair of New Balances till the soles wear out, I rarely even put on jeans, I've never in my life had a shirt made special and I always wear a hat till my mom can't stand the length of my hair - and offers to pay to have it cut.

I'm usually pretty excited for games to start at the Convo ... But to finally (after about 10 years of not missing a game) have 'MY TEAM' actually playing in the district tournament ... Holy cow I'm pumped!!! Heck, I might just break out the lawn chair, head down to the Convo and sit and wait till they let me in!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... come on down 93dog !!! I'm down by the Hocking with my Fly Rod ... temps is around 65 degrees ...doors open in an hour and a half - it's all good !!! ... now what shade of purple is green/gold close to again ??????? :mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd ... Your gonna have to dump the 'purple shade of green' buddy ... I'll bring you something to wear if need be ... lol ... And a green blanket for Mrs. Floyd too ... We can't have her all wrapped up in purple like she was in Logan ... I mean, this is basketball for God's sake - not football season ... What is she, a female Linus or something - having to have a 'blankie' at all times?

Gotta stop by the bait shop and pick up some worms and I'll be down in a few ... I thought we would just outside the Convo and whistle at cute college students as they walked by - but fishing is cool too I guess ... :mrgreen:

Roger Mink
Freshman Team

Post by Roger Mink »

Where r u pfloyd?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chillicothe 47
Sheridan 32

Chillicothe led at all quarter breaks : 12 - 6 Cavs after one ... 22-14 Cavs at intermission ... 34 - 23 Cavs after three ... Chillicothe could have stopped at the offensive end after 3 periods as Sheridan was unable to top the CHS mark after 4 quarters ... Chillicothe 47 Sheridan 32 a final ... The big difference makers in the game was the on the ball pressure by CHS throughout the contest ... Malik London in the paint had double digit blocks to go with his 14 points - 2 of his buckets where back to back dunks which was highlighted by Lou Horvath on the PA taking us into the Sheridan timeout with " it's London calling !!!" ... combine the Cavs D with the Generals inability to hit the outside jumper - Sheridan went 0 for 12 from beyond the arc ...hitting only 2 fgs outside the paint all night ... Cavs survive and advance to take on Circleville ...

... Pfloyd's Official/UNofficial Napkin Stats - Sheridan ...

Scoring: Jacob Horsley 13, Matt Freville 4, Brian Russell 4, Seth Helser 4, Tyler King 3, Tate Leavitt 2,Bo Reichley 2

3-Pointers : 0/12 ... Sheridan only hit 2 shots outside of the paint for the game

FT's : 4/8

TO's : 14

At the Rim: 11
Transition Buckets : 2

... Pfloyd's Official/UNofficial Napkin Stats - Chillicothe ...

Scoring : Malik London 14, Adam Bixler 13, Zach Johnson 10, Aaron Elliott 8, Jalen Jones 2

3-Pointers : 3/12 ... Aaron Elliott 2, Zach Johnson 1

FT's : 4/4

TO's : 13

At the Rim : 12
Transition Buckets : 1

Last edited by pfloyd on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

PHOTOS FROM CHILLICOTHE VS SHERIDAN ... http://trivalleyconference.com/TVCNews.html

The remainder of the folder can be found here ... http://www.facebook.com/pages/High-scho ... 9695949968

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Circleville 51
Athens 45

The Roundtown boyz of Coach Evans took almost 2 quarters to figure out the Athens Bulldog zone defense as Athens forced 7 Tiger turnovers in the first and showed a balanced attack in taking an Athens 14 Circleville 9 lead after one quarter ... the word of the night for Circleville was "patience" ... patience at the offensive end in that they finally were able to get Denzel Amey into the lane where he got the rim for 2 straight buckets and one each time Coach Evans squad kept clawing back closer and closer to the Bulldogs until a 3 pointer by Carson Haddox as time ran out in the half gave the Tigers their first lead of the game 23-22 at the intermission - a lead they never let slip away ... coming out of the break CHS knocked down back to back threes (John Hammon) to start the third period, Joey Burrow answered one of the treys with his own 3-ball but Circleville had found the man of the quarter in Denzel Amey - as the quick 4 man got to the rim for 3 buckets in the quarter ...Athens struggled with the perimeter shot all night,but in the 3rd the Bulldogs were but 1 for 7 from downtown ... Circleville 37 Athens 29 after 3 periods ... Athens outscored the Tigers 16-14 in the 4th AND had multiple opportunities to close to within 2 or 3 points but the shots wouldn't fall on key possessions for Athens ... Circleville 51 Athens 45 a final ...

... Pfloyd's Official/UNofficial Napkin Stats - Athens ...

Scoring : Nick Stanley 15, Joey Burrow 10, Kramer Simmons 6, Josh Skinner 5, Ryan Luehrman 4, Michale Germano 3, Adam Luehrman 2

3-pointers: 3/20 ... Joey Burrow 2, Josh Skinner 1

FT's : 14/15

TO's : 7

At the Rim : 9
Transition buckets : 2

... Pfloyd's Official/UNofficial Napkin Stats - Circleville ...

Scoring : Denzel Amey 19, Nathan Moats 13, John Hammon 7, David Burrows 4, Conner Smith 3, Carson Haddox 3, Austin Manson 2

3-Pointers : 4/7 ... John Hammon 2, Conner Smith 1, Carson Haddox 1

FT's : 11/19

TOs : 18

At the Rim : 11
Transition buckets : 0

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

PHOTOS FROM ATHENS VS CIRCLEVILLE ... http://trivalleyconference.com/TVCNews.html

The remainder of the folder can be found here ... http://www.facebook.com/pages/High-scho ... 9695949968

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

tough loss for athens as they seemed to have the better team. athens seemed to take the proverbial foot off the throttle in the 2nd and 3rd periods almost "looking" like they were playing not to lose. not sure if this was the game plan or it just ended up happening that way. didnt help that nothing was falling from outside. pretty well officiated game other than a couple of maybe's each way. i was sitting among/close to the circleville fans and u would of thought that they didnt get a call all night. got to talk with an old friend in coach maddox who is always cool to share stories with. good luck to athens' seniors.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Pretty good observations qualified ... I would have to agree with what you stated.

THE 'CONVO 2012' link on trivalleyconference.com has been updated with pretty much everything now ... Photos from tonights games (I will add more tomorrow though) ... I added the Division IV teams to the list, updated the number of teams from each league, added the scoring leaders after the first day ...

Sorry Floyd - I could have done it a little quicker - except I still have TVC teams in the tourney - so I have to update the FRONT/HOME page as well ... its kind of a lot of stuff when your trying to do both ... lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... it was interesting to watch the Circleville attack on the Athens zone - as I said AHS' zone gave CHS fits in the first quarter of action ... Amey wasn't getting any touches along the baseline ... Moats got the touches AND picked up a couple of buckets early but he lacks the quickness of Amey so he wasn't able to get into the paint,ended up giving up the ball the majority of the time ... as the game settled into the last 3 minutes of the 2nd period - Moats went out, Amey went to the high post - he got his touches, he put the ball on the floor getting to the rim for the 2 straight "and one's" - Roundtown was in "bidness" the rest of the night as Amey finished that game as high scorer for either team ... fun game to watch and breakdown ...

... obviously Athens going 3/20 from behind the arc didn't help matters LOL ... Circleville is a well coached team ... they don't try to do anything they AREN'T able to do - they play within themselves ... offensive patience, they didn't panic falling behind by 8 at one point in the first quarter ... CHS didn't try to get everything back all at once ie. putting up the 3 ... went to their strength Amey in the paint and taking/hitting the three when they had it 4 for 7 from downtown is pretty darn efficient ...

... it will be interesting to see how the inside game works vs the Chillicothe 'enforcer in the middle" Malik London ...

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

pfloyd thanks for all ur work covering SE Ohio basketball...also good to finally meet u!! Glad to see u doing better also...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... back at you bvmv4life - always a pleasure to meet up with fellow posters on SEOPreps - especially those who make seops the best of high school hoops such as yourself ... looking forward to seeing your Cavs take on Roundtown next week!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

bvmv4life wrote:pfloyd thanks for all ur work covering SE Ohio basketball...also good to finally meet u!! Glad to see u doing better also...

Bvmv4life, Look me up next Friday at the Convo and introduce me to Pfloyd. I would be honored.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Nice of Lou to give "The Purple Hippo" a shout out tonight!

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Sure will hitchbone...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Circleville was tight at the beginning and at the end some, but played loose in the middle to get the job done. Amey had another fantastic game, and Moats and Hamman had some big shots as well. If you want to know a big stat for Athens - they outrebounded LE by nine and got outrebounded by CHS by 12. That's where they partially lost the game. Sure, they chucked a lot of threes, but they also chucked some shots against LE, crashed the boards and got more putbacks than they did against CHS.

Congrats to the Tigers on a big win and good luck against the Cavaliers in a district final.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

For being undersized, Circleville rebounds very, very well.

I'll be making my 1st trip of the Convo season on Friday night. No classes on Friday or Monday, so I'll be taking in a lot of D3 action.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

that's a great site!

I was interested to see the scoring range for the games so far. Do those teams usually score in the 40's and 50's?

Return to “Boys Basketball”