93Bulldog/Pfloyd 1st annual 'Complete Convo Coverage' thread

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

93Bulldog/Pfloyd 1st annual 'Complete Convo Coverage' thread

Post by 93Bulldog »

I've recruited Pfloyd to bring a little different coverage to all the Convo action this year. A web page has been built on trivalleyconference.com dedicated solely to the district and regional games taking place at the Convocation Center. The page will serve as a holding place for GAME PHOTOS, GAME RE-CAPS, SCORING LEADERS, SCHEDULE OF EVENTS & GAME RESULTS ... Pfloyds run-down of all the games will still be here on SEOPS, like they always are, but some of it will also go on the CONVO 2012 link on trivalleyconference.com as well. I also created a 'fan page' on facebook just to house all the leftover photos taken from the Convo. It should be a great year of basketball at the Convo - hopefully having all the extra photos & info will be of help to someone. Good luck to all the teams and to the fans of those teams!

CONVO 2012 LINK ... http://trivalleyconference.com/TVCNews.html

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: 93Bulldog/Pfloyd 1st annual 'Complete Convo Coverage' th

Post by 93Bulldog »

All the photos you see on the page now are from either last years tournament or this years Hoops Invitational ... I pre-built the page using old photos so it would be easier to just swap them out as the games take place.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Wow, wall-to-wall coverage of Basketball 30. Doesn't get any better than that, especially with all that great analysis from the purple hippo.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... bman , you may be recruited to do the March 1st games for D2 ... I am unable to do the Thursday night games - Fairland vs Warren too!!!!!! it's killing me here BUT there is just no way to get around my commitment for 3/1 ... all the other games though will be covered by 93dog and camera with same night wrap ups by yours truly ... should be awesome - it always is at Basketball Thirty with Lou Horvath on the PA for every game ... I have learned how important some things in life are over the last year battling cancer ... to not be able to be at the Convo is not an option - the fans, the hoops, the kids, the coaches and meeting up with fellow fans of the game <= nothing like it in my book ... with all of that said let's tip it off and see what happens !!! ... "here at the Convo you don't need a watch! ... we'll tell you what time it is - It's BASKETBALL THIRTY !!!" - Lou Horvath "the Voice" of high school hoops in Southern/Southeast Ohio for the 3 Weeks of the Convo ... <I'm smiling> ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Sad to see you missing two pretty good ballgames on Thursday, but I understand there are more important things to take care of. Fairland-Warren should be a fantastic game, and then the Fairfield Union and Waverly battle. Don't sleep on the Onion there.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

By making my 92dog - your making me a year older Floyd (93 stands for the year I graduated from Athens) ... lol ... We don't need that man!

For all the 'facebook' crazies ... The 'High School Hoops at the Convo' link ... http://www.facebook.com/pages/High-scho ... 68?sk=wall

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Thanks fellas! Lot of great info here...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

yesah it was a typo, we was at Jackson watching Valley and a buddy came in and said he just heard on the radio that Athens just knocked off L E my first thought was our ole buddy 93dog , great win by the bulldogs!

I always like watching Chillicothe any chance I get they are fun to watch have seen them about 6 times this year..lol.

be good to see your bulldogs in action also that should bring a nice crowd?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Your like the fourth person that has said that about 93Dog and Athens winning ... lol .. I had no idea I was so synonymous with Athens sports ... It cracks me up to hear those statements ...

I'm fully expecting you to show up Wednesday decked out in all green-and-gold attire Biggdowgg ... I got some face paint you can put on before the game - and we saved you a seat (front row and center inside the Bulldogs student section!) ...

As for the crowd - I don't know what to expect ... Its been so long since we've been their - and Athens is slowly turning into a 'football' school ... I hope we can get the word out fast enough so the 'Dogs do in fact draw a huge crowd ... Those boys deserve the support from the community ... If everyone would just come out and watch them play - they would love em!

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Athens should have the biggest crowd of the night! The Bulldogs are the home team - literally. I also wonder what type of crowd Circleville will have, and how much of the rest of the county will come. I know there will be a few Westfall, Teays Valley, Amanda and Logan Elm fans around the building to watch the Tigers. I do believe the LE fans will be limited, though, with the disappointment of not having the Braves get to the Convo. Now that has felt like the Braves' home away from home.

Should be an interesting night at the Convo, to hear the first "Basketball 30" calls of the tournament season.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

bman ... Although its in our backyard, I'm still not sure what kind of crowd will show up for Athens ... It should be a descent sized group of fans - but how big - I have no idea ... Hopefully I get surprised and the whole town shows up ... lol ... Over the last couple of years both Chillicothe and Warren seem to have the largest fan following (success seems to be the common denominator there) ... So I expect the Cavs to have the largest crowd - going on 'track record.'

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

93Bulldog wrote:The largest crowd - bar none - was the Vinton County/Greenfield McClain back in 2004 ... I havn't seen anything close to that since ... But that was the first of 5 games that day, lots of other teams/fans came early to see the game featuring Dante Jackson.
I was there as well. Hands down, the largest crowd I've ever seen for a HS game at the Convo, and the atmosphere was electric. What a great game, I'll never forget it.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

great link 93'. all the times and dates in one place! thx.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I'm going with the LE-Greenfield district final in 2005 as the biggest crowd at the Convo. And I was given an estimate of between 9-10,000 people by folks associated with the Convo. Now it should be also noted, the district still did all of their district finals on the same day I believe at this point, so this was the tip-off game of the day. But there were very long lines over an hour before the gates opened to get those coveted lower bowl seats by LE and Greenfield fans. One of the best sports atmospheres I've been at, and I've been to three regional football championship games, two Final Fours and a state boys basketball title game.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Hopper 11 wrote:2007 Chilli vs Greenfield there was also a huge crowd.
I got this e-mail from a person associated with the Convo during the district tournament ...

"Per the conversation currently going on with SEOP regarding attendance, the highest attended game we have had in the Convo was the Saturday with Greenfield v. Chillicothe, with over 11,500 on the day, and 9,000 in the Convo for that game. Most fans got their early and stayed for their games."

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

bman wrote:I'm going with the LE-Greenfield district final in 2005 as the biggest crowd at the Convo. And I was given an estimate of between 9-10,000 people by folks associated with the Convo. Now it should be also noted, the district still did all of their district finals on the same day I believe at this point, so this was the tip-off game of the day. But there were very long lines over an hour before the gates opened to get those coveted lower bowl seats by LE and Greenfield fans. One of the best sports atmospheres I've been at, and I've been to three regional football championship games, two Final Fours and a state boys basketball title game.

The Logan Elm-McClain game was also at like 11am, 1st game of the day like you mentioned

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

So was the other two mentioned ... Vinton County vs Greenfield in 2004 ... 1st of 5 games on Championship Saturday.

Greenfield vs Chillicothe ... same situation.

The DII championship games are no longer on Saturday - they take place on Friday night.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I hope that Lou as part of his intro tomorrow night takes a moment of silence to honor Dave Young who passed away today ... Coach Young the long time mentor at North Adams High School was a mainstay with his teams in district play at the Convo - I believe Coach Young brought his NA teams 14 of 17 years as I92 posted on the Dave Young thread ... I know that I will reflect about Coach Young as the National Anthem is being played to open District play at the Convo ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

skidaddy wrote:93Bulldog, please post updates as I am not going to be able to make it to the Convo tonight. I will be there Thursday, Friday and Monday. Would love to see the Bulldogs play tonight as they are playing some good defense.
Power 105 has an internet link where you can listen to the game skidaddy ... Or following them on twitter is pretty cool too - they give lots of updates, scoring details, etc... etc...

I will be taking photos at the game tonight - so I probably won't be posting any updates or anything ... With it being on the internet though, I"m sure somebody will be.

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Don't understand the Twitter thing yet. I guess I will have to get with my 16 year old son and find out about that. I just recently got rid of my Rugby phone and purchased an Iphone. Still trying to figure that thing out!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”