JV Team

Re: Warren vs Fairland District Semifinal 3/1

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

that comment isn't gonna go over well with the warren fans ssbball :lol:

d2dragon
Riding the Bench

Post by d2dragon »

Very good game by two very good teams. I think most everyone EXCEPT Fairland fans were surprised of the outcome. I felt like our defense was the key tonight as well as it has been most of the season. Congratulations to the Dragon team and coaching staff for an outstanding game plan and execution! What a game by Fuller and Maddox with those steals! Keep it rolling guys!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Speaking of Fairland fans ... Where were they last night? Warren had you outnumberd 3-to-1 ... Hopefully you get it together before championship Saturday - Waverly brings a lot of folks as well ... We should be seeing a 'sea-of-green' on the 9th!!!

Bigbadbluefan
Waterboy

Post by Bigbadbluefan »

Congrats to the Fairland players and coaching staff for an all around great gameplan. I have to agree with the above post in reference to the coaching(at least for one night). Warren's playing style hurt them by pressing and playing man to man in the 1st. Result was getting players in foul trouble and giving up 18 in the 1st. Had Warren scrambling all night, and reaching on D against a more speedy Fairland team. Warren's bench depth was not used! I have coached before and I know the head coach gets caught up in the emotion of a big game. Time seems to pass by a little quicker than regular season games. That's when the assistant needs to grab him by the pants and say, we have 8 bodies over here we can get a minute of D out of! Sad to see Warren lose with such a talented team. Time to move on and get ready for next year. Maybe the will demolish the Convo and build a new venue. That place seems to haunt the Warren Warriors!
Last edited by Bigbadbluefan on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

93Bulldog wrote:Speaking of Fairland fans ... Where were they last night? Warren had you outnumberd 3-to-1 ... Hopefully you get it together before championship Saturday - Waverly brings a lot of folks as well ... We should be seeing a 'sea-of-green' on the 9th!!!

There is a pretty big difference in the drive that the Fairland fans have as opposed to Warren fans. Not that it is an excuse but a likely reason being a 80 mi or so trip on a Thursday night for the folks from Proctorville

defenserules
Riding the Bench

Post by defenserules »

I agree - Where were the Fairland fans? One of the smallest crowds i have ever seen at the convo!
#23 for Fairland was the difference in this game....especially the 1st half - took the ball to the rack and Finished! Drawing multiple fouls...speaking of the refs; I thought they called this game a little too tight....both ways. Big difference from the second crew for FU/Wav - they called a good game and let the touch fouls go.
Good Luck Friday - I'll take Fairland over Waverly by 5.

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

jon diebler of southeastern of ohio doesn't even score...

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

blackshooky wrote:jon diebler of southeastern of ohio doesn't even score...

i'm guessing you're talking about Evan French...so if you are, I'm surprised that....even despite the foul trouble that the Warriors didn't make sure he got more field goal attempts.....I believe he only shot once but no more than twice the entire game........I'd even venture to say he only touched the ball a 3 or 4 times, if that....Wow, you have to imagine if he gives you at least 10 or so points then that increases Warrens chances dramatically. Plus he has a good size frame, so i felt they could've utilized his size in the post as well, even though that's probably not his strength(I don't think). But because fairland didn't have much size with Salyers being out because of foul trouble early on too, I just couldn't believe more plays weren't drawn up for him. All in all, Warren just didn't put forth their best foot. Congrats Fairland

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

i have to agree with defenserules about the two different ref crews but a team has to adjust.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Evan shot 3 Times. His best shot is a set shot. Im sure he will work on changing a few things in the off season. He could be a great post player but I dont think you are gonna see much of that. That just goes to show you how out of sync we really were that night. Nothing went right. You have that it doesnt mean that they cant play. I know they can. Its alot easier coming in the game as a slight underdog than it is as the top dog. Truth is if Fairland were seeded as they should have been they would have never met. It really doesnt matter at this point. I just want Fairland to play the next guy as tough as they did us. It kind stings a little when you find out they really only had it one game and not every game.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I feel badly for Coach Maddox and the Warriors........they have a very good program, winning consistently year after year, but just can't seem to get past the district........Fairland really impressed me, beating a 19-3 SEOAL team, and doing it by being aggressive at both ends of the floor. Blaine Fuller was outstanding for the Dragons. Warren just didn't look like the team that split with my Trojans during the regular season.......as 32,16, 6 said, they just were out of sync, especially on the offensive end of the floor. I definitely agree that Evan French should have gotten more touches in the game, and the lack thereof really hurt the Warriors.

Return to “Boys Basketball”