Varsity

Re: Manchester vs South Webster District Championship

Post by thebull »

Great job Hounds way to represent SHL

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Congratulations to TEAM Manchester !!! District Champions by running, beating the gauntlet that was force fed to you in the post season - doesn't get any better than that ... best of luck in Regional Action - Survive and Advance ...

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Congrats to Manchester! You beat a really good team today. Good luck going forward...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Great time to peak for the Greyhounds! Congrats on the District title.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Congrats Hounds! Do these Southern Hills proud.

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

Where is the South Webster ppl? I mean they brag everyday about how good there team is and everything, but since they got beat today nothing...Combs was held in check and Manchester still wins by 14!!! WOW!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Aren't you a gracious winner.

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

Webster handed Manchester that one on a platter. I bet SW had 20+ turnovers that game with only a few being forced. Crazy. If SW took care of the ball they probably would have rolled. Tons of turnovers and only down @3 points with a couple minutes left. The point guard for Manchester looked good and was very opportunistic when defending the ball but overall I think it was a combination of a bad game by SW and Manchester taking advantage like they should have. Before anyone says anything about poor sportsmanship from a SW fan----------I'm not from or for SW and really could have cared less who won. I'm just stating my take on the game. If I'm from Eastern I would be liking my chances better against Manchester anyway because I think they match up better. Good luck everybody the rest of the way.

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

With two teams just "handing" over wins to them this past week, Manchester must be well liked. lol

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

What's there to say? Webster didn't take care of the ball, couldn't shoot and got beat. Ricketts ate up Webster's guards on defense and Webster never made adjustments to get him off the ball. To play as poorly as they did and only be down 3 with under two minutes left was shocking. But another good season for the Jeeps and will still be decent next year. Good luck to Manchester.*

mhsfrontrowfan
Waterboy

Post by mhsfrontrowfan »

airforcejm wrote:With two teams just "handing" over wins to them this past week, Manchester must be well liked. lol

No one handed anything over to Manchester!! They earned everything and played well... Great job hounds!! 3 years in a row!!

mhsfrontrowfan
Waterboy

Post by mhsfrontrowfan »

Manchester played great defense and Combs kept Loop pretty quiet!!

Yum Yum
Waterboy

Post by Yum Yum »

hats off to manchester they played hard and won!! As for webster Loop had his pts. and rebounds congrats to him on a fine basketball career at webster. like the earlier post said it would come down to Loop and Combs supporting cast and it did Combs guards did an excellent job and Loop's didn't to many turnovers and they just dont see the floor... Best of luck to Loop in his future fine player just no help. Good luck to manchester.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Loop played harder than anyone the second half, but Goddard and Swords and Sutton didn't bring it today. Rickets was the man to beat today when Loop held Combs to like 5 points in the game before the 4th quarter fouling. It is disappointing to go out that way but the same exact thing happened last year. I think if they played 10 times, both would be .500 but not today. Good job to the hounds team and crowd, you made Websters crowd look bad.

I still think Webster makes the District Championship next year though.

Dr Lou
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr Lou »

Swanker Pine wrote:Loop played harder than anyone the second half, but Goddard and Swords and Sutton didn't bring it today. Rickets was the man to beat today when Loop held Combs to like 5 points in the game before the 4th quarter fouling. It is disappointing to go out that way but the same exact thing happened last year. I think if they played 10 times, both would be .500 but not today. Good job to the hounds team and crowd, you made Websters crowd look bad.

I still think Webster makes the District Championship next year though.
D4 team in the SOC II should make it every year.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Swanker: agreed about the crowd for Webster...student section was nonexistent for Webster. I don't know what it is, but seems like basketball just not a big deal to the students last couple of years. Oh well. Still, this program is where it should be and Coach Ater and staff did a great job keeping this team together after the rough start.

As for next year, you bring back Cook, Dyer, Goddard, Swords and Salisbury as your starting 5. With the league not quite as strong next year, Webster should still be a 12-8 to 14-6 type team and back at Districts. I think D4 will be stronger though with teams like Beaver Eastern, Notre Dame, East, Symmes Valley, SHL teams, etc. being contenders. But as usual, Webster will be right there.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

This is from an unbiased perspective, but I think Webster had the better team. They seemed to not even play hard at times?

Best of luck to the departing seniors. Sorry, but I can't wish Manchester good luck against the Eagles...lol

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

art_vandelay wrote:Swanker: agreed about the crowd for Webster...student section was nonexistent for Webster. I don't know what it is, but seems like basketball just not a big deal to the students last couple of years. Oh well. Still, this program is where it should be and Coach Ater and staff did a great job keeping this team together after the rough start.

As for next year, you bring back Cook, Dyer, Goddard, Swords and Salisbury as your starting 5. With the league not quite as strong next year, Webster should still be a 12-8 to 14-6 type team and back at Districts. I think D4 will be stronger though with teams like Beaver Eastern, Notre Dame, East, Symmes Valley, SHL teams, etc. being contenders. But as usual, Webster will be right there.
As far as the SHL D4 teams go next season Fairfield will be the one to beat. Manchester will most likely have a rough season after this group of seniors leave. Whiteoak should still be good enough to potentially win a sectional title with Doc Seip and a few others coming back but not sure how much further they can go.

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

After this season ends, it will probably take Manchester a couple of years before they become competitive again. They have a pair of decent Jr High kids coming up but I highly doubt they will match the caliber of those over the past few years. Fairfield will more than likely be the one representing the SHL in next years tourney.

Return to “Boys Basketball”