Are they clearing the gyms

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Are they clearing the gyms

Post by 93Bulldog »

defenserules wrote:I'm curious why the SE District Board would decide to clear EVERY gym between games at the sectional level? I was thinking about going to Logan for the LE/Athens game and staying for the VC/FU game this Friday --- but i'm not going to go now! I don't want to pay twice and i definitely don't want to kill 1 1/2 hrs between games......so, the SE just lost my $6 ticket and Logan boosters just lost all of my concession $$. Don't see any winners in this situation. Go back to having the games one session please!
late
defenserules
Where are you getting this info? I have been going up to the Logan sectionals for years - and have never had to clear the gym? Where are you getting 1 1/2 hrs between games? Athens vs Logan Elm starts at 6:00 ... You figure the game goes until 7:30 or maybe even 8:00 ... You then have to let one team cut the nets down (that usually takes about 15 minutes at least) ... Then you have another 20 minutes put on the clock for teams to warm up.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Games at Jackson are back to back and I have never had to leave the gym at a sectional or district game

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Recieved an e-mail today: LOGAN GYM will be cleared - that is official.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Super Trooper wrote:Games at Jackson are back to back and I have never had to leave the gym at a sectional or district game
Then you haven't been in the last several years. They have cleared the gym at Jackson for as long as Valley has been playing there.

Jeep-ster
Freshman Team

Post by Jeep-ster »

I must have been thinking of the parking price at the Convo. But you do have to pay to park at Jackson.

When the school or Convo clears the gyms between games, I make it a point not to buy a single thing from the concessions. Why bother since I will only be there for the 1 game. It may not be noticed but if enough would do it, i'm sure it would get their attention.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

what about presale tickets from the schools are they being sold for sectional games, I know they do for district and the schools make more money off of them if you buy them directly, just asking because i would rather give my money to the school.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

crazymidgets wrote:what about presale tickets from the schools are they being sold for sectional games, I know they do for district and the schools make more money off of them if you buy them directly, just asking because i would rather give my money to the school.
Yea, you can get them from the school ... I think they get a dollar or two from each ticket.

As far as 'clearing' the Convo - hasn't happened in awhile!!! That's the great thing about the Convo - its just too difficult to do such a thing ... lol ... I went to every single game last year - and only at the regionals where there is a gap between times - did I have to pay twice.

defenserules
Riding the Bench

Post by defenserules »

so, my point is everyone loses....SE district doesn't get my $, Logan boosters don't get my concession $, I don't get to see both games, kids have smaller crowds. POOR Decision making by someone!

Jeep-ster
Freshman Team

Post by Jeep-ster »

It happened last year at the Convo. Webster played in early game. Gym was cleared. I brought a Burg buddy's son who wanted to watch Burg. Oak Hill girls game was between the boys games. The burg fans were not allowed into the girls game with the tickets bought at Burg. BUT we all bought girls game tickets & could stay for the boys games. It really made no sense the way the Convo handled it. I understand (somewhat) about keeping girls vs boys games money separate but since we all were let in on girls game tickets & stayed. That really doesn't wash.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I went to Jackson last year and didn't have to leave the gym

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Super Trooper wrote:I went to Jackson last year and didn't have to leave the gym
Not to the sectional finals you didn't. On Friday last year, the Valley and Burg fans had to wait until the Minford and Peake fans cleared the gym before we could enter.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yep last year at Jackson had to pay twice

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

I'm just saying it's not a schools decisions. It's SE District Tournament boards decision. The make the call and the hosting schools must abide.

defenserules
Riding the Bench

Post by defenserules »

Then the SE district board made a HORRIBLE decision.....If it is because the gym is too small - then host the games somewhere that can handle the crowd!!
But if it is to make more $$$$..... in my opinion - they are LOSING $! And the hosting schools boosters are losing $$$$$..

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

wow this 3 hr seperation in games is terrible 1st game over at 6;30 now a hr and a half wait for the 2nd game thats stupid

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Everytime I pay that $2 I just get more mad.....Jackson creates this large time gap between each game because they know you will leave and go eat, so that you have to pay the $2 again 2 hours later. It's ridiculous...plus the Jackson PD are ready to taze you if you aren't out of the gym in 5 minutes. They won't let you enjoy watching the net-cutting afterwards.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

defenserules wrote:I'm curious why the SE District Board would decide to clear EVERY gym between games at the sectional level? I was thinking about going to Logan for the LE/Athens game and staying for the VC/FU game this Friday --- but i'm not going to go now! I don't want to pay twice and i definitely don't want to kill 1 1/2 hrs between games......so, the SE just lost my $6 ticket and Logan boosters just lost all of my concession $$. Don't see any winners in this situation. Go back to having the games one session please!
late
defenserules

Because the local economy is booming and everyone wants their cut!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “Boys Basketball”