Freshman Team

WHITEOAK vs. SOUTH WEBSTER

Post by warrior 89 »

Thoughts and predictions?

warrior 89
Freshman Team

Re: WHITEOAK vs. SOUTH WEBSTER

Post by warrior 89 »

IMO, another bracket buster is on the way. Good luck Whiteoak, Cats by 8!!! :mrgreen:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This wouldn't be a bracket buster....seeding wise yes, but not talent.

The winner of this game will make the district finals with an excellent opportunity at a regional berth.

Whiteoak continued their 15+ year streak of not losing a sectional semifinal game....now they play for the opportunity to advance to the Convo for the 12th time in 16 years.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

SouthWebster big men will eat this team up on the inside, white oak does not box out well, and are prone to fouls. If Webster hits free throws, and cuts down on to's they should win this one going away. The press from Whiteoak is vulnerable if u get the ball to the middle of the floor. Should be a lot of easy layups for the Jeeps. Good luck to both but, Webster has too many horses on the inside.

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

Whiteoak by 5. Will be interesting to see Seip and Loop go at it.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This game won't have a crew that calls it so close. They'll let these two play like they should. The crew tonight didn't seem very tournament experienced. The kid who called the vast majority in the first half graduated high school about 20 months ago....not sure I've ever seen the other two before. The kid isn't bad....just thought it was too closely called compared to most tournament games I have watched.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

IndianFan4life wrote:SouthWebster big men will eat this team up on the inside, white oak does not box out well, and are prone to fouls. If Webster hits free throws, and cuts down on to's they should win this one going away. The press from Whiteoak is vulnerable if u get the ball to the middle of the floor. Should be a lot of easy layups for the Jeeps. Good luck to both but, Webster has too many horses on the inside.
More like a one trick pony with Austin Loop :122246 . Just kidding. South Webster is solid all around and I think they will win by around 10pts but Seip has done a good job all season playing people bigger than himself.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Webster wins by 22 despite Whiteoak having the official Swanker Pine Scouting Report for a couple weeks.

NormanDale
Freshman Team

Post by NormanDale »

I'd have to agree with Ironman, Whiteoak pulls the "upset." Should be a very physical game and entertaining game. Whiteoak in a close one.

fan_of_swankerpine
Freshman Team

Post by fan_of_swankerpine »

I know nothing about Whiteoak, but I will say SW by 10. If Cook continues to play like he has the last few games than it could be a bigger margin of victory. From what I read it sounds like Whiteoak doesn't have much size inside. This means SW will have to take advantage of their height and strength.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

IndianFan4life wrote:SouthWebster big men will eat this team up on the inside, white oak does not box out well, and are prone to fouls. If Webster hits free throws, and cuts down on to's they should win this one going away. The press from Whiteoak is vulnerable if u get the ball to the middle of the floor. Should be a lot of easy layups for the Jeeps. Good luck to both but, Webster has too many horses on the inside.
I wouldnt say vulnerbale, I dont know how you got those opinions from watching the Western game. Western could barely get the ball up the floor. This would have been a 40-45 point game if the game wasnt called tight on the perimeter and if Whiteoak would have limited turnovers in the first half, they went brain dead for about 4 minutes. This was not called like a typical tournament game and the Whiteoak vs Webster game will be completely opposite. 2 field goals in the first falf, and 12 of Westerns 16 points were from the line in the first half. Doc Seip is a horse himself, but I expect Webster will have a nice game lan. IMO Taggert and Carraher are the X factors.

IF Whiteoak can limit turnovers and keep them under 16 and play solid physical defense like they did early in the year, I could see them pulling one out! but if they don't and revert to their sluggish ways it could be a long night!

........................and that my friends, is the UGLYTRUTH!

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

Webster wins by many, many points.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

Whiteoak by 5. Webster better not overlook a scary Whiteoak team.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

S.Webster by 15.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

SW aint skeered

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

Would be nice to watch this game...seip and loop would be a good matchup to see..ill take whiteoak by 5

rooster
Freshman Team

Post by rooster »

Sounds like the Jeeps could be dangerous with their win over a strong Valley squad heading into tourney action...however, Whiteoak has the goods and I think they will prevail with the upset....it could be a battle for the ages....going with the Whiteoak by 3...I predict a buzzer beater from behind the arc!!! Good luck Wildcats!!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Very surprising to see this many people go with Whiteoak. It somewhat reminds me of the last time South Webster and Whiteoak met up when South Webster had the better record, had the better season, yet several people still picked Whiteoak. Remember the score? 74-35 in favor of the Jeeps.

Not that I see it being a 39 point victory again, but if South Webster plays 75% as good as they did against Valley, this could be a 20+ point victory.

The Jeeps are dangerous. Very, VERY dangerous. But, no one would be happier to see SW go down than Racine Southern.

PRED:

SW 65
Whiteoak 47

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

SW also had Lower, Aldridge and Waginger at that point.... Neither team is similar to those teams. Webster is dangerous, but Whiteoak isnt a team they should overlook.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

They've got 5 players who could easily go for 20 points on any night. Sounds dangerous to me.

Return to “Boys Basketball”