(5) Minford vs (4) Lucasville Valley 2/24

coop
SEOPS

(5) Minford vs (4) Lucasville Valley 2/24

Post by coop »

Valley and Minford match up for a third time this season, except this time....the loser starts baseball and track seasons. Valley is coming off 2 straight losses (1 being very vanilla and the other a buzzer beater to lose by 1 up @ Waverly) I know Valley wanted the 14-0 conference record, but when you've locked up the title with 2 games left, your mindset is different (I know, I've been in the situation in other sports) I think Valley gets back to form and takes the title.

Valley is the SOC II champion, but it would make the Falcons season to become the Sectional Champion.

Should be a tough, hard fought game!

Thoughts?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: (5) Minford vs (4) Lucasville Valley 2/24

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Minford makes it 3 in a row

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Swanker Pine wrote:Minford makes it 3 in a row
3 losses?

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

I think valley is the better team...... But it is hard to beat a team 3 times....... Minford gets the upset

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Valley by 12.

fan_of_swankerpine
Freshman Team

Post by fan_of_swankerpine »

chicken_coop wrote:Valley and Minford match up for a third time this season, except this time....the loser starts baseball and track seasons. Valley is coming off 2 straight losses (1 being very vanilla and the other a buzzer beater to lose by 1 up @ Waverly) I know Valley wanted the 14-0 conference record, but when you've locked up the title with 2 games left, your mindset is different (I know, I've been in the situation in other sports) I think Valley gets back to form and takes the title.

Valley is the SOC II champion, but it would make the Falcons season to become the Sectional Champion.

Thoughts?
Racism. Sounds like you're hating on the whities of South Webster.
Valley will get back into their groove and take this game easily.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

fan_of_swankerpine wrote:Valley will get back into their groove and take this game easily.
This.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

fan_of_swankerpine wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:Valley and Minford match up for a third time this season, except this time....the loser starts baseball and track seasons. Valley is coming off 2 straight losses (1 being very vanilla and the other a buzzer beater to lose by 1 up @ Waverly) I know Valley wanted the 14-0 conference record, but when you've locked up the title with 2 games left, your mindset is different (I know, I've been in the situation in other sports) I think Valley gets back to form and takes the title.

Thoughts?
Racism. Sounds like you're hating on the whities of South Webster.
Valley will get back into their groove and take this game easily.
LOL

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

hopefully valley doesnt get scared and cancel the game again. hahahahahahaha all kidding aside, this should be a good game. 3rd time playing this year, neutral site, tournament game, should be a good game to watch. And we get a preview of the years to come tonight with valley and minford playing for the 8th grade championship...

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Will McBee be the only player on the floor that has ever played at the Convo? I think the Valley seniors will be motivated to at least make it to the Convo in their last opportunity.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

yates has played on the convo floor once in high school, and im sure he has played there many times with AAU, valley made it there to play Peebles a few years back, yates sophomore year maybe?

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

4th n Goal wrote:Will McBee be the only player on the floor that has ever played at the Convo? I think the Valley seniors will be motivated to at least make it to the Convo in their last opportunity.
Yates and Keller were both starters on the team that upset Portsmouth in 2010 to go to the Convo... Dwyer started some during that season, but I know he had a sprained ankle towards the end of the season. I can't remember if he played at the Convo or not. It really didn't matter with the way the Seaman kid shot the ball for Peebles that night, WOW!

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

i couldnt remember if dwyer played much at the convo either, wasnt coleman down with a bum ankle that game too? But like crab apple said, it didnt matter that night.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Wondering how Valley's psyche is after the losses, does anyone have inside info on this team. Do they have strong upperclassmen leadership? Seen them play this year and they looked like strong contenders to play deep into tourney, but how are they dealing with the two losses to end the season?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

IndianFan4life wrote:Wondering how Valley's psyche is after the losses, does anyone have inside info on this team. Do they have strong upperclassmen leadership? Seen them play this year and they looked like strong contenders to play deep into tourney, but how are they dealing with the two losses to end the season?
1. Psyche = GREAT
2. Leadership = GREAT

They arent dealing with anything except the gameplan to beat Minford..

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Then I expect them to go deep. Plenty of talent on this team. Good Luck Valley!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Valley has too many athletes to lose 3 in a row..

Indians by 10

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

they have too many athletes to have lost two in a row....

they should never have lost that second game.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

This game will be closer than the other 2, but I think Valley still wins by a dozen.

Return to “Boys Basketball”