Jackson Summer League starts 6/7

Spartan
All Conference

Re: Jackson Summer League starts 6/7

Post by Spartan »

Guys with strong opinions should state them as opinions, not fact.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

is that your opinion?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Seems like Wayne Evans has been around forever. Excellent player!

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

I heard Southern won all three of their games last night, defeating VC, NY and RV.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

John Wooden wrote:I heard Southern won all three of their games last night, defeating VC, NY and RV.
The rv southern game was agood one to watch! 4-6 points most of the with Southern winning by 8-10 at the end Tornadoes have looked good this summer!
Great league awesome to get to see the kids have a chance to get better during the summer thanks to JHS!

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Grinder wrote:Summer ball is a great barometer for what is to come in the winter,some may not think so especially if the school you support is getting hammered.Of course there will be some improvements and gelling to take place but the good teams in the summer will be the good teams in the winter.Good to hear the Trojans went 5-1 yesterday without their leading scorer Wayne Evans. GO TROJANS

I agree with independent 2012.
Disagree! Alot of teams have 50% of their starters playing! Example last year Jackson dominated the summer league and i think their only loss was to River Valley in a nail biter, regular season Jackson won 3or 4 games RV beat them handily in Dec.
So no it isn't a barometer for anything good for kids to play coaches to exercise their vocal cords. Lol

jervin
Freshman Team

Post by jervin »

Wellston won 2 of 3 last night, with wins over RV and Minford, lost to Circleville in Game 3

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

Disagree! Alot of teams have 50% of their starters playing! Example last year Jackson dominated the summer league and i think their only loss was to River Valley in a nail biter, regular season Jackson won 3or 4 games RV beat them handily in Dec.
So no it isn't a barometer for anything good for kids to play coaches to exercise their vocal cords. Lol

That is fine that is your opinion. I have watched teams like Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Ironton and some other good teams across Ohio play for several summers and haven't had any trouble seeing that some of these teams were really going to be good. If a team has 50% of their starters, that in itself tells me something about that team. Go watch some of the shootouts this summer, I think you will find the teams that play well in these usually play well in the season. But that is just my opinion after watching 30 years of basketball.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

How did SG do?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think some of it is the difference in the programs.

Portsmouth, Ironton and Chesapeake are all top notch SE district programs....which probably means they have better numbers and greater summer commitments. most of the teams in the Jackson league are striving to be like those programs...but odds are they have trouble fielding freshman teams and likely NEED the freshman age kids and jv type players to fill out their Jackson league rosters.

I can definitely understand both sides...and each coach know wayorr than I do about their program.

I just feel most of the teams in this league can't really afford to turn kids away that are willing to play.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Grinder wrote:Disagree! Alot of teams have 50% of their starters playing! Example last year Jackson dominated the summer league and i think their only loss was to River Valley in a nail biter, regular season Jackson won 3or 4 games RV beat them handily in Dec.

That is fine that is your opinion. I have watched teams like Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Ironton and some other good teams across Ohio play for several summers and haven't had any trouble seeing that some of these teams were really going to be good. If a team has 50% of their starters, that in itself tells me something about that team. Go watch some of the shootouts this summer, I think you will find the teams that play well in these usually play well in the season. But that is just my opinion after watching 30 years of basketball.
Well name a year when ports, chessy, ironton arent the cream of the crop, they are usually a collection of kids from other schools who are there to play at a higher level. What are you you can tell they are going to be good because they beat the less fortunate schools? That be like predicting that Ohio State will win all theirvgames vs Mac teams every year in football.

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Rebels on 3 wrote:How did SG do?
I know the rebs lost to athens by 2 beat minford in the teens not sure bout their other game they look pretty good

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

It wasn't to many years ago when Portsmouth and Chesapeake had some down years. If you don't like my opinion fine you don't have to agree with it. Why are you so defensive about the summer ball thing? Is your team not winning?

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

i have heard that our ironmen are looking good.

John Wooden
JV Team

Post by John Wooden »

I heard Southern beat Eastern Pike but lost to both Circleville and Jackson by a bucket.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

South Gallia beat Circleville and RV but lost to Oak Hill by 10.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

So how did the SG and RV game go down?

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

From an impartial bystander it looked like a very competitive but comfortable SG win.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

The outcomes appear typical of a bunch of teams who all have question marks and or pieces missing. But even after a few nights all of the teams and the games appear to be more like basketball games than they did the first night. Great learning experience. Well run event.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Any Tuesday results?

Return to “Boys Basketball”