Pioneer Valley Offseason BUZZ

SkinIt1999
Waterboy

Re: Pioneer Valley Offseason BUZZ

Post by SkinIt1999 »

Secrest isn't leaving Marietta. Don't even start that.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Now that FF returns the best coach and most talent I think the skys the limit.

stylepoints101
Riding the Bench

Post by stylepoints101 »

i wouldnt say they have the most talented team but they do , if you judge from last year, have the most talented player .

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Shon Smith was a beast who averaged 27 in the tourney and Zach Eddy who was 10 plus for the year.Plus the leagues best freshman in Chandler Lang who domimated JV.

stylepoints101
Riding the Bench

Post by stylepoints101 »

3 players ? thought it took 5 to be a team ?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Kyle Schwendeman is a stud shooter who played Varsity and JV last season.He knocked down some big 3 pointers in the tourney.Plus add in Srs Duskey,and Spindler along with Jr Caden Brooker and they will be ok.FF jv never lost a league game and was 17-2.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Was told Caldwell put it on Philo pretty bad in a scrimmage last night. Said they didn't have Sawyer and played three freshmen off the bench.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

1st of all summer basketball is a lot different then normal season play.Also Philo is terrible.Other then that its great to see PVC doing well.

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

fort frye should win the league, they have a lot coming back and coach liedtke, shenandoah wont be half as good as people think, wake up folks .

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

eastern, agree philo wasnt very good last yr but they started 4 frosh an a junior an played 4 more underclassmen offthe bench. my bro coaches the skins an apparently i was a pretty handy beating of a team that should be improved. also, they scrimaged sheridan an fisher catholic last night. beat fc easily an beat sheridan the first qtr pretty easily then played them evenly the other 2 qtrs. he says they are improving, i expect them to be better then last yr

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea I have ate breakfast with him a couple times he seems like a great young coach.

coachmc
Waterboy

Post by coachmc »

Yea Philo will take their lumps in the MVL this season. They are young they start 4 soph and a senior. Also have a beanch load of soph.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Will be taking my team to Eastern Ohio Huggins camp as will my brother and the Caldwell Redskins. Caldwell has scrimmaged Philo, Sheridan, Fisher Catholic and West Muskingum :) in the past two weeks. They are also hosting a shoot out next Saturday that includes Sheridan/Cambridge/Marietta/Central in one pool with Caldwell/New Lex/Crooksville/Buckeye Trail in the other. I guess they are also scrimmaging John Glenn and hopefully West M again to wrap up June. He has kept them pretty busy.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Fort Frye and Caldwell both competed in the Eastern Ohio basketball camp the past three days. Both teams competed well against much bigger schools such as Brunswick, Lake, Nordonia and several others. Games were 15 minutes long. The two teams played each other twice on the first night and both games ended in ties. Will be good games both times next winter if I had to guess.

3 for me
Riding the Bench

Post by 3 for me »

Heard Caldwell and FF both beat Berlin Hiland at the camp. That match-up will be interesting during the regular season.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye will be good so if Caldwell is hanging with them it could be a big year for PVC.

3 for me
Riding the Bench

Post by 3 for me »

Actually got to see trail and Monroe play today at the shootout that Caldwell hosted. Rather impressed with both teams considering they were missing some of their key players. Trail seems to have a lot of depth and good size in the post. Even without Roe and larrick there they played really well together and are going to be tough this year. Central also played well but they had one kid who seemed to throw the ball up every time he got it. Looks like a a tough year in the PVC ahead of us.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Did not get to watch central play yesterday. Trail was missing Roe and Larrick and still played well, they have good young kids. Caldwell played without Croucher and Sawyer, Svercek ended up getting his nose crushed and missing the last games. Was funny watching them beat Crooksvilles varsity with a soph and four freshman on the court. PVC should be pretty good this winter.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Haha Larrick was terrible last season.He needs to get stronger and work on his touch.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Glad to hear Caldwell has been performing well this off-season. Hopefully they continue to improve and it translates into more wins this coming season. They should have some talent coming up in the next couple years.

Return to “Boys Basketball”