taft 95 central catholic 52

sparky
All State

taft 95 central catholic 52

Post by sparky »

we talk on here about transfers but what about taft they have at least 6 transfers of which 5 have played together on an aau team for numerous years. maybe the state needs to take a look at them as well as harvest prep?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: taft 95 central catholic 52

Post by danicalifornia »

A lot of places have transfers, as long as those 5 aren't playing AAU together now, there is nothing wrong with it. Even the playing field by getting better, not by complaining.

That was just an old fashioned butt kicking. 13 for 22 on 3's in a venue where HS teams don't normally shoot well is amazing.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Someone said on Yappi.com that the 43 point margin was the highest ever in DIII and eclipsed the 29 point margin that Orville beat Wheelersburg 79-50 back in 1995.

This is what was posted over there.
It was mentioned on the broadcast that the biggest point difference in DIII is 29
Just FYI, the largest margin of victory in any state title game is 43 points. Mariemont beat Philo, 87-44, to win the Class B title in 1953. The largest margin of victory in any state game (under the four-team format) is 51 points. That also belongs to a Cincinnati team. Roger Bacon beat Columbus Beechcroft 82-31 (a difference of 51 points) in a 2002 DII semifinal game. That was the same Roger Bacon team that knocked off one LeBron James and Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary in the title game.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

That Roger Bacon team was amazing. I watched Beechcroft decimate Washington Court House the week before and thought that they would be able to compete and possibly give Lebron and company a game in the finals; needless to say, this wasn't close to happening.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I wouldn't be surprised to see them repeat next year with all of their major players back plus a deep bench.

Hopefully We keep them on our schedule again next year.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

That was a royal butt kicking today. C. C. Catholic kept Grady in the game so he could rack up some stats long after Taft had pulled most of their starters because they kept him in check for most of the game. I guess the big kid, Adolphus Washington for Taft is a #1 football recruit.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Taft loses one starter.....and will more then likely win it all again next year

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

FANOSPORTS wrote:That was a royal butt kicking today. C. C. Catholic kept Grady in the game so he could rack up some stats long after Taft had pulled most of their starters because they kept him in check for most of the game. I guess the big kid, Adolphus Washington for Taft is a #1 football recruit.

It said in the program that I bought at the Ironton Classic that he was leaning towards Ohio State as where he would go to school and they are recruiting him for a Defensive End. He is a load, no doubt about that.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

All I can say after watching that Taft team play is WOW!!!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Someone said on Yappi.com that the 43 point margin was the highest ever in DIII and eclipsed the 29 point margin that Orville beat Wheelersburg 79-50 back in 1995.

This is what was posted over there.
It was mentioned on the broadcast that the biggest point difference in DIII is 29
Just FYI, the largest margin of victory in any state title game is 43 points. Mariemont beat Philo, 87-44, to win the Class B title in 1953. The largest margin of victory in any state game (under the four-team format) is 51 points. That also belongs to a Cincinnati team. Roger Bacon beat Columbus Beechcroft 82-31 (a difference of 51 points) in a 2002 DII semifinal game. That was the same Roger Bacon team that knocked off one LeBron James and Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary in the title game.
I heard that mentioned durin the game. I do know burg got beat 79-50 in the 95 D3 title game. I checked some past scores and that was the largest margin of victory for the D3 game till yesterday

Trojan Man13
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan Man13 »

Good to see Taft handed CCC their worst loss of the season. They didn't deserve to make it past the Trojans. Taft will be there next season.
Hope to see them there with my Trojans!
WE ARE ONE!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Trojan Man13 wrote:Good to see Taft handed CCC their worst loss of the season. They didn't deserve to make it past the Trojans. Taft will be there next season.
WE ARE ONE!
I listened to the game on the radio. You guys could not contain grady. IMHO the better team won the semi final game. The better team also won the state title.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

I did not make the game, but I stayed home and tuned in on the radio, with my mommy , and it sounded like Portsmouth could not contain the big man

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

:12222

Trojan Man13
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan Man13 »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
Trojan Man13 wrote:Good to see Taft handed CCC their worst loss of the season. They didn't deserve to make it past the Trojans. Taft will be there next season.
WE ARE ONE!
I listened to the game on the radio. You guys could not contain grady. IMHO the better team won the semi final game. The better team also won the state title.
OBVIOUSLY. You can't contain a 6'8 forward when you have a 6'2 guard on him.
Did you see what happened to him when Underwood was guarding him?
Not to mention Mckinley didn't play his best ball. Only 3 points.
The better team did not win this game.
Of course they won. Only because of Grady. 20+ points and 23 rebounds? Come on now.

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

:12224

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

trojan man 13, Not taking away from what portsmouth did this year but you might be better off not having to face Taft and probably end up on the bad end of a scoring record. At least your loss to CCC was a respectable score.

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

WE ARE ONE!
If portsmouth couldnt contain grady, then they obviously wouldn't have been able to contain all five taft players...sorry, but thats the truth...

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Taft was OUTSTANDING.......beating a GOOD CCC team by that margin was remarkable.......and chances are that the Senators will repeat as D3 state champions in 2012.

I do think the Trojans have a good chance to challenge for the Final 4 in 2012.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

The D wrote:
WE ARE ONE!
If portsmouth couldnt contain grady, then they obviously wouldn't have been able to contain all five taft players...sorry, but thats the truth...

you are right,,I dont think any high school team in ourv area would stand a chance against Taft,although Ironton did play them pretty well early on in the season

Return to “Boys Basketball”