Final: Cleveland Central Catholic 58 Portsmouth 47

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Re: Final: Cleveland Central Catholic 58 Portsmouth 47

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Congrats to Coach Collins and the Portsmouth Trojans! Great season! Awesome tournament run! The program is back! Kids played their hearts out all season.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

great run trojans :mrgreen:

defenserules
Riding the Bench

Post by defenserules »

great job Ptown! Way to represent....CCC is like a lot of big city teams- they don't wake up until the 2nd half!

Cpeake - " Taft will destroy CCC" .... Taft is a good team, but they can be beat - if CCC plays like they want to for a whole game - i'll take them over Taft!
late
defenserules

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Trojandave: Great season for your Trojans and good luck next year.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Im proud of everyone, the Kids, the coaching staff and the community.Way to represent what is and always has been great about about our little city,miss my home every day, but once and always will be a Portsmouth Trojan.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

VERY PROUD OF OUR PORTSMOUTH TROJANS, PLAYERS AND COACHING STAFF!!

IT FELT GREAT TO SEE OUR TROJANS PLAYING IN THE STATE TOURNAMENT AGAIN!!

CCC deserved to win, they stepped up on the defensive end in the second half and that's where the game was won........Anton Grady is a fabulous player, and he carried the Ironmen after halftime.......still, the Trojans battled all the way to the end!!

Also was very proud to see the Trojans represented by the large contingent of fans.......up until the D1 games last night, the Portsmouth vs. CCC crowd was the largest of the state tournament and second largest overall.

3 starters return next season (Evans, McKinley, and Whitley), as well as all of the players off the bench.........if we can get a really good ballhandler next season to go along with Wayne and Zaide in the backcourt, the Trojans could make another run at the state.

Thanks to Andrew and Tre for leading this team to Columbus......and best wishes in the future...........BE A WINNER IN LIFE!!

GO TROJANS!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

trojandave
couldnt agree with you more,,abut everything...Im glad these boys got all the attention they deserved,,they have earned every bit of it,,and it was great to see the Community give them so much support.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Feel like we let this one slip away. Grady was just to much for us and is an awesome player. Cleveland State is getting a very good basketball player. I'm so proud of the Trojans to get out there and play their hearts out. Great student section great crowd great atmosphere just an all around great game. Very proud of all the players but Bendolph and Underwood the most. Great senior leaders and you two will be missed. We will be back soon. We Are One

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

I believe I went to 6 or 7 Trojan games this year and enjoyed every moment of it while watching them. I was very proud for a local team to get that far in the tournament and was glad to see such a good crowd that came out for the game. Great season guys, you guys earned every extra game you guys got to play.

Proud to root for Southern Ohio and Good Luck to the Trojans next year!

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Final Final - Cleveland Central Catholic 52 vs Cincinnati Taft 95

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

So much for the big parade to team came back early and no one knew it, so we didnt get to welcome them home.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:So much for the big parade to team came back early and no one knew it, so we didnt get to welcome them home.
Heard the horns blowing, as the caravan came by. Got outside in time to clap and watch them go by, led in by a Portsmouth fire truck. Wish everyone would have known in advance.

Hopefully we can have an appreciation night or something for these young men, so we can show them how proud we are of them.

To the guys on the team, I know it may not seem it now, but you have done something very special, that very few ppl, ever get to experience. It didn't end the way you wanted it to, but that takes nothing away from what you have accomplished. I was a member of the last Portsmouth team that made it to the state semi final level.( 2000 football) It hurts, but I promise one day you will look back on this and realize how special what you have done really is. I am so proud of all of you. You all also, get to be the group that had the honor of resurrecting the proud Trojan basketball tradition. One day, when we win that 5th title, and we will win that 5th title, whether it be next year the year after or 10 years down the road, you will know that it would not have been possible without the hard work and what you accomplished this season.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

well,I was not going to say anything because I know it has been a very very hectic couple of weeks for all of our coaches and our A.D. ,I cant imagine all the time they have put in on putting schedules together with what and when the team was going to do ..they had to plan for 2 days in columbus and not only one, so if we would have won the schedule would already be in place.

how ever, I really do wish we could have goten this on the radio "I listened all day" so our boys could have had the hige turnout I know they would have had ....

I did find out ,,as it was going on, only to pull on the lot as it was ending and everyone was leaving, I was fortunate enough to catch the players as they was coming out,and got to thank most of them for all they have done,and how much I enjoyed watching them,it was good to see all of them in high spirits,Im sure they have been told a many of times how proud the entire Community is of them.

GREAT SEASON TROJANS!!!!

Trojan Man13
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojan Man13 »

The better team did not win this game...
Putting Evans on Grady was not a good decision IMO.
Underwood should've been guarding him.
Great season Trojans!!
As a student this meant so much.
Very proud of our season this year!
Two big losses for next year that won't be replaced for a long time, Underwood and Bendolph.
We'll be there next year!!!!
WE ARE ONE!

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

Be proud of where you finished Portsmouth, not many teams in southern ohio can say they ever played in the final 4, and even less teams can say they have been there as many times as you have, you beat some very good teams along the way,and left a few of them wondering , what the hell just happened

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Congrats on a fine season to all the players, coaches, parents and fans of Portsmouth basketball.

Mohawknation33
Riding the Bench

Post by Mohawknation33 »

Thanks Trojans for the memories. My kids have not stopped talking about the trips to O.U and the Schott. Both of them are saying my wife and I will be watching them on those kind of courts one day.

That team has helped the drive in my kids and again I say thank you and congrats to a WONDERFUL season.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Mohawknation, enjoy every moment of watching your children grow.and thx for the kind words to the Trojan kids!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Since joining the SEOAL 5 years ago, Chillicothe has won a state championship in boys basketball, while Portsmouth made the Final Four.....I know there was a lot of controversy about "expanding" the SEOAL back then, but from a statewide perspective, both CHS and PHS have helped the league gain respectability, at least in boys basketball.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

MohawkNation33: I ditto Let'sGoPSU's comments.......thank you very much, and best wishes to your kids in their future academic and athletic goals.

Return to “Boys Basketball”