Re: Chesapeake vs. Portsmouth - Regional Final - 3-19

Post by Chesapeake »

Cincinnati Taft vs. Columbus Africentric - Friday 3-25 at 10:45 am
Portsmouth vs. Cleveland Central Catholic - Friday 3-25 at 2:00 pm

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

WOW great game by both teams, CONGRATS to the kids on a great game. STATE Final 4 bound!!!!!

My heart wont take another close game.

unmean
Waterboy

Post by unmean »

Man i missed a great game tonight, i stayed home cause im superstitious and my heart stopped 5 times following this game.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

you guys desrve to celebrate all night :mrgreen:

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Just My Opinion »

Congrats to the Trojans, you was the best team tonight, Bendolph played a stellar game offensively and defensively. Good luck to the Trojans at the state tourney.

Congrats to the Peake for another great season!!!!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

FANOSPORTS wrote:Are we going to see any LOVE given to the Trojans from the Wheelersburg faithful on here ?
Congrats to the Trojans on the huge win. Good luck in the state semis.

There, ya happy now. :mrgreen:

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

Just My Opinion wrote:Congrats to the Trojans, you was the best team tonight, Bendolph played a stellar game offensively and defensively. Good luck to the Trojans at the state tourney.

I agree great game by bendolph ! But. That was allowed by to much pride. Cheshy man up all year n have won by 20-40 most games. N they r very quick. But after bendolph blew by 3 different defenders u might want to stop picking him up full court. N force him to shoot. The only help was comn from 55 or 34 which left mckinnley open or Underwood cause guards were wide n couldn't help. Triangle n 2 on bendolph n Evans. N u got guy at foul line to help penetration. But no matter what don't keep going to the atm when ur getting burnt. I think both teams had great year n nothing to b ashamed of. but Peake coach pride lost that game.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

I'm so proud to be apart of this journey ! I'm not going to bash Peake but the 25 point predictions and we dnt play as a team and this and that ect....you got your answer tonight. Congrats to Peake on a good season.....STATE BOUND WE ARE 1

Trojanbuckeye
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojanbuckeye »

I said it all along, our kids have the heart and desire. Congrats PHS...We Are 1

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Just My Opinion »

youthsportsfan wrote:
Just My Opinion wrote:Congrats to the Trojans, you was the best team tonight, Bendolph played a stellar game offensively and defensively. Good luck to the Trojans at the state tourney.

I agree great game by bendolph ! But. That was allowed by to much pride. Cheshy man up all year n have won by 20-40 most games. N they r very quick. But after bendolph blew by 3 different defenders u might want to stop picking him up full court. N force him to shoot. The only help was comn from 55 or 34 which left mckinnley open or Underwood cause guards were wide n couldn't help. Triangle n 2 on bendolph n Evans. N u got guy at foul line to help penetration. But no matter what don't keep going to the atm when ur getting burnt. I think both teams had great year n nothing to b ashamed of. but Peake coach pride lost that game.
I agree, you would think that after you kept getting burnt that you would have pulled the defense back and make them beat you from the outside. Honeslty, every good guard that we faced this year exploited our defense by doing exactly what Bendolph did tonight. Also, you can't have that many turn overs and expect to win against a good team. The 2 big men for the trojans did an excellent job crashing the boards.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Congrats to Coach Collins & the players!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
FANOSPORTS wrote:Are we going to see any LOVE given to the Trojans from the Wheelersburg faithful on here ?
Congrats to the Trojans on the huge win. Good luck in the state semis.

There, ya happy now. :mrgreen:
You got it :)

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Congrats Trojans on the win. Represent SEO with pride and class.

I had a feeling that this game would go down to the wire and it lived up to what everyone thought it would be. P-town had the athletes to stay up with Peake. I wonder how much the Peake players read the stuff on here that last few nights and they thought this would be another 25 point win ( I did see that post on here earlier) and they didn't take P-town serious.

Good luck Trojans this Friday at the Schott. Been a long time since the Trojans have been there

independent2012
Freshman Team

Post by independent2012 »

Congrats to coach Collins and staff for a great game plan against a great team,as happy as I was to see the Trojans win and the boys celebrate,my heart goes out to the young men at Chesapeake who had a great season and played hard everytime out on the floor.Keep up the hard work Trojans the best is yet to come.Heard coach Collins had former state champions come in during the week to give the boys motivational speeches about the things they would face from that moment on,once again congrats to the men of Troy.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... what a great game to finish up the 3 Weeks of the Convo!!! Congratulations to Coach Collins and the Trojans!!! - Portsmouth heading for the Show! ... just a few happy PHS fans after the final buzzer went off and the Copley deep three attempt went wide right ... Portsmouth 69 Chesapeake 68 a final ...

... the planets may not have been aligned BUT it was a "super moon" - the first in 18 years - the Portsmouth Trojans took advantage of any and all of the magic of the night in defeating Chesapeake in A'town tonight ... Portsmouth came out of the tip looking the team which had been there before - no regional final jitters as PHS set the tone for the entire game by showing their hand at both ends of the floor ... on the offensive end - put the ball in Bendolph's hands allow the PG to penetrate and dish ... in the first quarter the recipient of the Bendolph passes was Dion McKinley who collected 8 pts in the quarter to pace the Trojans ... on the defensive end it was "manhandle" the CHS big man Colin Kennedy (led by Dion McKinley - outstanding) while using team speed on the perimeter to make the 'peake "work" for everything ... Colin Kennedy 0 points in the quarter for CHS ... Portsmouth 15 Chesapeake 7 after one ... quarter 2 saw Portsmouth continue to shutdown the 6-7 Kennedy down low (0 pts in the 2nd) but if you follow the 'peake you know that one man does not a TEAM make - Austin McMaster stepped up to bring CHS back into the game hitting 14 second quarter points ... game on! ... a key for the PHS side was the foul trouble of Patrick Hintz/Javon Thompson and Eric Kennedy ALL 3 made the attempt to guard the PHS pg Andrew Bendolph - didn't happen as Bendolph continued to get into the paint drawing fouls and dishing ( 2 assists in the quarter for treys by Evans/Whitley) ... Portsmouth 31 Chesapeake 27 at intermission ... the 3rd quarter had Portsmouth holding serve by matching each 'peake basket in the quarter ... when CHS made a run to close the gap - the ball was put into Bendolphs hands , AB didn't disappoint as PHS would answer every Chesapeake run ...Portsmouth 49 Chesapeake 44 after three quarters ... as a fan of high school hoops you have to love the 4th quarter of any championship game ... especially a championship with a trip to The Show at THE SCHOTT in C'bus on the line - PHS vs CHS ... final quarter didn't disappoint as both teams left it all on the floor ... Chesapeake came out with guns blazing to start the period behind senior Nathan Copley ... the Panthers taking the lead at 52-51 with 6:29 to play on 2 Copley FTs BUT (and we all know there is always a BUT) the "super moon" magic kicked in for the Trojans as the Panthers NEXT 6 trips down the floor resulted in 6 'peake turnovers, 0 'peake shots and a Portsmouth 56-52 lead with 3:36 left in the game as PHS called a timeout as the Trojan student section chanted "WE ARE ONE!!!" ... Portsmouth extended the lead to 62-56 with 2:07 remaining - lots of stunned Purple fans in the stands ... Coach Davis' boyz weren't done - coming out of a timeout Eric Kennedy drained 2 shots from downtown while Bendolph continued to add to the PHS total from the line ... Portsmouth 65 Chesapeake 62 with 1:11 left to play ... Chesapeake's defense kept the ball out of AB's hands ,forced 2 PHS turnovers - Chesapeake took the lead with :11 seconds left in the game Chesapeake 68 Portsmouth 67 ... :11 seconds is an eternity if you are ahead ... :11 seconds with Andrew Bendolph on the floor for PHS equals "advantage PHS" ... with all eyes on AB for PHS ... the inbounds went to Evans who went the length of the floor unstopped in the paint for 2 points & 1 ! ... Evans missed the FT but he gave the Trojans the lead one last time as the Copley long three went wide right ... Portsmouth 69 Chesapeake 68 a final ...

... pfloyd Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats - Chesapeake ...

Scoring ... Austin McMaster 23, Nathan Copley 22, Eric Kennedy 10, Colin Kennedy 7, Patrick Hintz 6

3-pointers ... 6/13 ... Copley 2, Hintz 2, Eric Kennedy 2

FTs ... 12/15

TOs ... 19 ... one of two keys in this loss for CHS the 6 straight TOs after the Panthers took the lead at 52-51 ...

... great season for Coach Davis and the Panthers AGAIN ... returning next season will be Eric Kennedy, Patrick Hintz, Austin McMasters, Brandon Noble, Javon Thompson - the cupboard "ain't" empty for 'peake fans ... don't be surprised to see Chesapeake meet back up with Portsmouth again in the regional finals next season ... thanks goes to Nathan Copley/Colin Kennedy - it has been a pleasure to see both of these young men in action over the years for Chesapeake ... we wish you nothing but the best in your futures ...

...pfloyd's Official "unofficial" Napkin Stats for SE Region/State bound Portsmouth Trojans ...

Scoring ... Andrew Bendolph 22, Wayne Evans 21, Dion McKinley 17, Tre' Underwood 4, Zaide Whitley 3, Mason Jordan 2

3 pointers ... 2/6 ... Whitley 1, Evans 1

FTs ... 19/28 ... PHS was 10/13 in the 4th quarter ...

TOs ... 13

... Congratulations again to SEOAL representatives - the Portsmouth Trojans ... a great game plan by Coach Collins & staff - put the game in the hands of the senior PG Andrew Bendolph ... let AB control the game and get everyone on the PHS "TEAM" involved ... defensively the Key Napkin Stat of the game has be the defensive job done on Colin Kennedy by Dion McKinley - holding the 6-7 Chesapeake "big" scoreless in the first half and only 7 pts total for the game - outstanding ... Bendolph held McMaster to but 2 FTs in 4th quarter ... Portsmouth bloodied 'peake's nose early with the 15-7 first quarter lead ... wouldn't let the Panthers get the upper hand in the game - PHS always had an answer for any/all peake runs ... the student sections chant was most fitting "WE ARE ONE!!!" - Portsmouth earned their way to the final by playing, winning as ONE - as TEAM ... best of luck to Southern Ohio's representative in Columbus this week ...

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Dag gone. Did Cheasapeake people fall of the earth?

They said funny things would happen during the SUPERMOON!

Good luck Portsmouth.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

WOW...great game by both teams,you dont get this far unless you are a very good basketball team, Chesapeake played a great game,and this one came right down to the last tick on the clock,like "a lot of us' Thought it would... we had so many players step up in one way or another to help get this win,,,'team ball" .

Andrew Bendolph just could not be stopped when he drove to the basket,,,and tonight Wayne Evans was just as good, both big men played great on offense and defense, Zaide Whitley, was all over Copley on defense....what a game.

Congrats to Peake on a great season they were that good.

Ozzie and I taled on the way up,and we said we need 6 to 8 points out of Tre Underwood,,and the dame from Whitley to have a chance to win......Underwood got 6,,and Zaide added 3,,so...close... :mrgreen:

ENJOY THE WEEKEND BOYS,,AND BACK TO THE GYM MONDAY!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

P.S.

Floyd we will have you a shirt friday :122249

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

hitchbone64 wrote:Contests to our friends down on St Rt 23. This Chilly fan has been a big Trojan supporter for years. Way to represent your school, your city, the SEOAL and the Southeast. To trojandave, biggdowgg and the others, I am proud of you guys for sticking with this program.
I hope Coach Collins gets all the credit he deserves. To get to the Final Four takes more than talent. It takes a leader who can coach and inspire.

Finally, kudos to the Peake for an outstanding run. That staff and team define excellence.

GO TROJANS!
Thanks...through good times and BAD...always a TROJAN!!!

TrojanPride
Waterboy

Post by TrojanPride »

PEAK look who's in the final 4................. WeAreOne!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”