Final: Portsmouth 45 Wheelersburg 39

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Portsmouth vs. Wheelersburg, Regional Semi - 3/16 @ 8PM

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

TrojanBuff wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:
TrojanBuff wrote:The only score that has any meaning to this game is Dec. 23 @ Portsmouth 64 Wheelersburg 56

What happened 3 months ago @ Portsmouth, has absolutely nothing to do with this game in March! Since Portsmouth has just upset the #1 seed Fairland, they are obviously the big favorite in this one.

Really? How doesn't it? Same teams, same season, same players...opps you did get me. 3 months ago when Portsmouth beat wheelerburg they beat them without 1st team All-District player Andrew Bendolph. :lol: :lol:

Like was said, what happened when those two met in December has nothing to do with this game, just ask Ironton about that. Ironton beat the Burg handily at the Conley center just a few weeks ago and look what that got them on Saturday, a loss. If they went into that game thinking that just because they beat the Burg a few weeks ago it would be just as easy again and they got snake bit.

Seeing the scores that trojandave put on here on the Pirates-Trojans meetings in the tourney just goes to show you that when these two meet in the tourney you can expect a great game and I don't see anything different in this one. The tourney series is deadlocked at 3-3 so this will be the rubber match and it will be the biggest meeting between the two, a regional finals berth on the line. Those first three meetings in the tourney were probably three of the best basketball games I've ever seen as all three went OT and two out of the three, 78 and 84 the winner went on to the final four. Burg also went to the final four after victories against the Trojans in 06 and 07, so could possibly another final four berth come out of the winner of this game. Only time will tell.

Good luck Pirates.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Tobias wrote: ...Do the Burg mom's still provide "cookies and milk" for their players as they did 30 years ago in football?

...Do they also have nap time?

:lol:
you bet they do...... and do the 'Mouth's mommies still collect money so your "star" player can ride the transfer merry-go-round ??

Snake
Waterboy

Post by Snake »

Portsmouth 68 Burg 56

Good Luck Trojans and " Sink The Pirates "

TrojanPride
Waterboy

Post by TrojanPride »

(KVDW) you bet they do...... and do the 'Mouth's mommies still collect money so your "star" player can ride the transfer merry-go-round ??

All i kno is after this game the burg fans will have a long ride home "TRUST" there are no words for how bad are boys want to knock off burg and there FAN's who think there S%#@ dont stink well it dose!!!!

you might win the coaching war but the game is won on the floor first and formost. WeAreOne!

p.s Would you like some milk&cookies <--bernie mac VOICE

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

TrojanPride wrote: All i kno is after this game the burg fans will have a long ride home "TRUST" there are no words for how bad are boys want to knock off burg and there FAN's who think there S%#@ dont stink well it dose!!!!

you might win the coaching war but the game is won on the floor first and formost. WeAreOne!

p.s Would you like some milk&cookies <--bernie mac VOICE
Geeesh ! Are there any Trojans on here besides Tobias and Trojan Dave that actually GRADUATED from PHS ? :oops: :roll:

If you're the TrojanPRIDE.... I certainly feel for the rest of them. :lol:

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Just My Opinion »

Man, I'm sure glad that we don't have to wait a week for this game to be played, cause it sounds to me like someone is about to get hurt.

Good luck to both teams!!!!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I wonder if Bendolph will try another dunk in warm-ups Wednesday? Did anyone else notice the missed dunk attempt while the refs were walking right behind the basket?

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Rumor has it he's waiting for the game and for a Burg player to be under the rim !

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Just My Opinion »

Yes, I saw him miss it too and I also saw his coach try to block the view of the refs so they couldn't see him, one more missed call. lol....

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

portsmouth_trojan59 wrote:Rumor has it he's waiting for the game and for a Burg player to be under the rim !
That would probably help....looked like he needed a boost.... :122245

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

He may need help back down tho because going over Stegman is pretty high up lol :12223

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

It appears the Trojans are the underdogs once again, with all of the recent success Burg has had in the tourney..

I believe this group thrives in this role...

Trojans will find a way to pull this one out....

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

mckinley stays out of foul trouble and bendolph brings his energy they win.

onthepitch
Freshman Team

Post by onthepitch »

What a great match-up for SE Ohio....my observation from the outside Shank will guard AB or that is what should happen as he is the only one who could stay with AB one on one (could also see a 1-3-1 or 1-2-2 zone). Stegman is a great player but can get rattled when players are physical with him and push him off his spots but also quick, saw that last season when he was matched up with Derek Roback of Waverly the numbers don't lie and Portsmouth has 2 players who can do that. Dion must stay out of foul trouble. Barrick will game plan to slow the pace and keep the game close and try to frustrate the up tempo Trojans. Final Score would not be surprised either way but my prediction Trojans 68 Burg 62 with free throw down the stretch making it the 6 point difference.

To be honest watching all the games on Saturday Peake is very good and feel Portsmouth has a better shot pulling the upset in the regional final. Will root for whatever team wins have a great injury free game and may the best team win.

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

Moses Guthrie wrote:It appears the Trojans are the underdogs once again, with all of the recent success Burg has had in the tourney..

..................................bahahahaha!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Underdogs??? I thought portsmouth already had the state champs banner made!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

trojandave wrote:I look for both teams to bring the intensity Wednesday night.........I would like to see the Trojans rebound better than they have the last two games........

I couldn't agree more Dave.....I have pointing that out since the South Point game....we are not getting boxing out AT ALL! Hope it doesn't cost us againest the Burg.

Go Trojans!!

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Moses Guthrie wrote: Trojans are the underdogs once again, with all of the recent success Burg has had in the tourney..
Apparently Mouth has had some success recently, too.

Is it because they couldn't even play with 20th ceded South Point that you think they should be underdogs? :lol:

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

Tobias wrote:
The D wrote:
Moses Guthrie wrote:It appears the Trojans are the underdogs once again, with all of the recent success Burg has had in the tourney..

..................................bahahahaha!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Underdogs??? I thought portsmouth already had the state champs banner made!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's Chesapeake...

:mrgreen:
not from those ive talked to.....saying that phs would be taking Burg by double digits, and peake by more!! and after that point the final four would be a cake walk....and I quote, "the boys should go ahead and get their rings sized"!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

Tobias wrote:
...Do the Burg mom's still provide "cookies and milk" for their players as they did 30 years ago in football?

...Do they also have nap time?

What happened to our "cookies and milk" boy?

Apparently he couldn't get anybody to bite on the "old days" in football and give him ANOTHER chance to brag on how great he was back when, so he left.
I saw in another post where he was suggesting that maybe he should have played basketball, too, and perhaps they could have beat some certain team that they lost to.
Come to think of it, maybe he should have since he is built more like a basketball than a football. :aaaaa14 :aaaaa8

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

onthepitch wrote:What a great match-up for SE Ohio....my observation from the outside Shank will guard AB or that is what should happen as he is the only one who could stay with AB one on one (could also see a 1-3-1 or 1-2-2 zone). Stegman is a great player but can get rattled when players are physical with him and push him off his spots but also quick, saw that last season when he was matched up with Derek Roback of Waverly the numbers don't lie and Portsmouth has 2 players who can do that. Dion must stay out of foul trouble. Barrick will game plan to slow the pace and keep the game close and try to frustrate the up tempo Trojans. Final Score would not be surprised either way but my prediction Trojans 68 Burg 62 with free throw down the stretch making it the 6 point difference.

To be honest watching all the games on Saturday Peake is very good and feel Portsmouth has a better shot pulling the upset in the regional final. Will root for whatever team wins have a great injury free game and may the best team win.

Chesapeake has to get by a very good Garaway team first before they can get to the finals. Garaway will slow the game way down and keep it in the high 30's to low 40's and that may just frustrate the Panthers enough to get them out of sync. I think Peake may be the best of the 4 teams in the Athens regional, but that doesn't give them the automatic win.

Return to “Boys Basketball”