CHESAPEAKE VS. PIKETON (DISTRICT FINAL, 03/12, 7:00)

eagles73Taylor
SE

Re: CHESAPEAKE VS. PIKETON (DISTRICT FINAL, 03/12, 7:00)

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Congratulations to the Peake, only missed 2 foul shots that I remember and hit the open jumper as well. Piketon, gassed at the end you put it all out there and closed the gap to I believe 8 or so late in the 3rd before the Panthers pulled back to double digits. To Piketons seniors you have accomplished a lot in your career, nothing to hang your heads about. Keenan Brush played as well as I have watched him in 4 years, played with no fear and confidence on both ends. Jared Vulgamore and Jamie Helton made big plays for the Streaks on both ends and both were wore out. Jacob Braniff came in a gave good minutes as well as Matt Lewis. Evan Legg was exhausted as well as the others as they all played their hearts out. Congratulations to Piketon, 20-3 SVC undefeated and District Runners up.

To the boys coming back, you know what is expected of you as Piketon Basketball players! Keep carrying the torch!

tap in bogey
Freshman Team

Post by tap in bogey »

Well said, Eagles. I was very proud of our kids tonight and thought the coaching staff had them well prepared to do battle. It is hard to see the seniors go and my hats off to all of you for the work you have put in during your careers. This was more wins in a four year period than any other group of Piketon kids I can know. For that and your character, you will be remembered.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Congrats to Piketon on a great season....Tonite was the first time seeing Chesapeake play and to be quite honest eventhough i bleed Cavalier blue and white,Chesapeake is the best team ive seen play in the SE any division....Congrats on your District Title and continued good luck on your path the rest of the way.

PEAKE POWER
Freshman Team

Post by PEAKE POWER »

Let me first start by saying congratulations to Piketon on another fantastic season. Coach Lisath is a class act and his program shows that. His boys always play hard and he continues to put out great team after great team. Some of the talk on here questioning whether Coach Lisath make adjustments during games is nonsense. People of Piketon you have a good one: Appreciate him and treat him with the class and respect he offers you and be proud that your Piketon Streaks are always one of the best in Southeast Ohio year after year. Thats the sign of a well run program hats off Coach your fun to watch and always appreciate your teams effort. Enough about that. Congratulations Peake get focused on Garaway them boys can ball. Good luck Wednesday night and lets get one step closer.

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Just My Opinion »

Congratulations to Piketon for a great season and for laying it all out on the line against the Peake.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Wow....Chesapeake was better than I thought they were. Great game-plan by the Streaks. I thought the kids played their hearts out. When they cut it to 6 late in the 3rd qt. I thought it would go down to the wire, but the Streaks ran out of gas. Brush played about as good as I've seen him play all season. Great season for the Streaks 20-3 State Ranked #6, 14-0 Gold Ball in SVC, Holiday Classic Champs, Sectional Champs, District Runners-Up. Seniors has played varsity ball for 4 years has went 74-20 with two SVC titles, 3 Holiday Classic Titles, 4 Sectional Titles, 1 District Title, 1 District Runner-up, 1 Regional Title, Final 4 appearance and was State Ranked twice #8 in 08-09 and #6 this season. A lot of rumors about the Piketon coaching staff not returning next year for personal and professional reasons, so that will be interesting to see how that unfolds. Lisath became the winningest coach Piketon Redstreak History this season in just 7 years and ranks first in several different categories (most SVC, Holiday Classic, Sectional Titles) only coach to win a Regional Title, Gold Ball, etc.

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

Congrats to Chesapeake. Nothing for the Streaks to hang their heads about. Chesapeake is good and well coached.

To those who mentioned 50 point blowouts and so many players better than Piketon players...well you know.

The Chef thought the Streaks played good but Chesapeake seemed to have an answer. Chesapeake is next to Zanesville as the best team The Chef has seen the Streaks play this year. Would guess both these teams will have a strong chance to go to Columbus. It was a poorly officiated game with both mild mannered coaches seeming to be scratching their heads and players confused all game long. Heck The Chef was confused as to what was a foul. There were some great plays made by both teams all night long and some incredible displays of athleticism. It was a fun game to watch from the beginning.

The Chef will begrudingly put up all the pots and pans for next year now as the season comes to a close. You always want one more game. Congrats to the seniors at Piketon as they will be sorely missed. Seems like some of them have been with us forever. They've been a thrill-a-minute. The Chef will now catch up on some other things, make the Dogwood, and until The Chef hears the sound of the sneakers coming from The Oven again and then we'll all know its basketball time again for folks in The Village.

Good Luck to Chesapeake.

earp
S

Post by earp »

I love the Chef! :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”