Wheelersburg vs. Ironton - District Final - 3/12/11 5:00

The D
JV Team

Re: Wheelersburg vs. Ironton - District Final - 3/12/11 5:00

Post by The D »

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

but then again, not everyone thinks that way....
Last edited by The D on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Im sure that post wont be around long.

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

Burg takes it in another OT classic !!!
Last edited by bballin on Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

ItownHosscat wrote:Thank you to the Seniors from Ironton for all your hard work,you will be missed.
I guess Im gonna save myself 5 bucks to park,game ticket,along with the $4 popcorn and the $3 diet soda(gotta watch my figure),then the all important Mikes One stop pizza on the way home,and those cold dogs to and from Athens.All told I figue I will save about $40.

Thank you to all the Burg fans for helping me see the light.I think I'll just go to the Dog track. :roll: :lol:
The trip will have to be made just for the pizza in my opinion.

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

If he was arrested and released on the day of game then YES I would let him play because he has not been found GUILTY in a court of law. Isn't is innocent until proven guilty?

If he had been arrested and found guilty then NO he would not be playing that night or any other night.

So was this player you are talking about found GUILTY of something?
Last edited by Rhiannon on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

A reminder a call to Mikes when you pass Noahs Ark will get you a hot pizza when you get there ;-)

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Rhainnon....you know the answer to that.It never happened,the fact that someone would put that on there.He should be banned.Its in the rules.Along with The D for the implication of such.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

8. Bashing kids and coaches on SEOP will not be tolerated.

Failure to consent to these rules will result in an immediate suspension, or permanent ban from SEOP.

Of course Ive been around this site since it was just getting started,and I remember they at one time had a no posting of rumors.That was back when Zap and RiverRatRay took care of alot of things.

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

it as a hypothetical ethical question, and I truly believe that it belongs on a new thread rather than on this one which concerns a real basketball game...there was no bashing of neither coaches, nor players? it is off topic, and i am perplexed as to his reasoning as to why he asked it, however i stand by my answer that IF this should ever occur, the player should not be able to play...I suggest that he start a new thread, and keep this thread focused on the game at hand

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Nice edit lol

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

The D wrote:it as a hypothetical ethical question, and I truly believe that it belongs on a new thread rather than on this one which concerns a real basketball game...there was no bashing of neither coaches, nor players? it is off topic, and i am perplexed as to his reasoning as to why he asked it, however i stand by my answer that IF this should ever occur, the player should not be able to play...I suggest that he start a new thread, and keep this thread focused on the game at hand
If you knew it didn't belong on this thread then why didn't YOU start a new topic? Seems to me that you must think either an Ironton or Burg player was arrested and allowed to play. Don't we see on the news all the time how people rush to judgment and send innocent people to jail only to find out later they are innocent? You are already judging and finding this hypothetical player guilty aren't you?

As for the game, I think it will be a close one going down to the wire, but I think the Tigers will get the win.

da burg_07
Waterboy

Post by da burg_07 »

Never count out Barrick. I'm not sure that the Burg will be able to dominate the glass the way they did against Peebles. I think the athleticism for Ironton could be too much. But should be a great game.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

I like them Fighting Tigers too!

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

well since I was not the one with a question, only an opinion, I felt it wasn't my place to start one......
and no I don't necessecarily know nor believe that this occured...and i will gladly continue this hypothetical on another thread, perhaps in the chat forum, and give my full opinion, however this thread should be confined to reality, and the game to be played this saturday...

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

You can drop it since you edited your post no one knows what you posted.....or do they ;-)

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I would have to see an article on this player getting arrested before I would believe it.

Sad if that person is just trying to start some crap. Not sure it is a Burg person as I've never seen them posting on a Burg thread.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

The bottom line........

This should be another great game between two Southeastern Ohio programs with very Proud traditions, whether it be Basketball, Football or what ever sport. When these two TEAMS play it is always a big game and anything can happen.

I hope when this game is over and the winner has been decided on the Court that the other Teams fans can find it in themselves to support the other Team, after all Southeastern Ohio doesn't get alot of respect and it doesn't do us any good to not back the Teams that move on in the Tournament. Good luck to both Teams this weekend, hope for a fairly called and injury free game.

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:The bottom line........

This should be another great game between two Southeastern Ohio programs with very Proud traditions, whether it be Basketball, Football or what ever sport. When these two TEAMS play it is always a big game and anything can happen.

I hope when this game is over and the winner has been decided on the Court that the other Teams fans can find it in themselves to support the other Team, after all Southeastern Ohio doesn't get alot of respect and it doesn't do us any good to not back the Teams that move on in the Tournament. Good luck to both Teams this weekend, hope for a fairly called and injury free game.
agreed...i will be rooting for whoever wins this game for the rest of this tourney

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Did everyone just quit talking about the game or what?

I guess the talking up of the game will be settled on the court Saturday at 5pm.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Did everyone just quit talking about the game or what?

I guess the talking up of the game will be settled on the court Saturday at 5pm.
Not really a whole lot to talk about........this is not your first rodeo and this is not Ironton's first rodeo.......we both know what to expect from each other, I dont make predictions nor do I feel qualified to discuss either coach's game plan........just like in late August, strap the pads on, get your ticket, gas the car up, stock the cooler with appropriate beverages and head north..........

Game time temp for Athens will be middle 50s and sunny.......parking will be at a premium with the Oak Hill ladies playing at 3:00 in their regional championship game and the Buckeyes playing at 1:40 (if they win tomorrow) so I plan on arriving early and getting a seat in BDUBs and anyone wanting to discuss the game is more than welcome to join our table.....

Return to “Boys Basketball”