Final: Portsmouth 59 Northwest 42 -- District Semifinal

bvmv4life
All Conference

Re: Portsmouth vs. Northwest -- 3/5 @ 9:15PM @ Convo

Post by bvmv4life »

Tobias they took they green state of ohio off the floor....looks good down there...im hoping to come watch the Trojans tomorrow evening....good luck from Chilly..

trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

yea SP didn't shoot well either. But they did make shots when they needed to and shots that kept them in the game. Everytime PHS would go on a run SP would hit a big 3 or 2 and they wouldn't just wouldn't go down without a fight. I do agree with you that they had better play a LOT better or they will not go far at the Convo. I think we will see a better performance by the Trojans tomorrow. Go Trojans!!

No green State logo??? Great win tonight by your Cavs bvmv4life! Keep marching on and hopefully see you tomorrow evening

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

trojan7 wrote:yea SP didn't shoot well either. But they did make shots when they needed to and shots that kept them in the game. Everytime PHS would go on a run SP would hit a big 3 or 2 and they wouldn't just wouldn't go down without a fight. I do agree with you that they had better play a LOT better or they will not go far at the Convo. I think we will see a better performance by the Trojans tomorrow. Go Trojans!!

No green State logo??? Great win tonight by your Cavs bvmv4life! Keep marching on and hopefully see you tomorrow evening
yea they made the Ohio and bobcat bigger more 3D like...thx....ill be lookin for trojandave and the sea of red...good luck tomorrow...Trojans by 10+...

Trojanbuckeye
Riding the Bench

Post by Trojanbuckeye »

TOGETHER...WE ARE 1

Trojans by 10

TARTAN/TITAN
Freshman Team

Post by TARTAN/TITAN »

jayhawks wrote:After Portsmouth display against South Point.Are they overrated?
with this statement,,you must have been at the same Norhtwest practice I was,,because thats what I heard the kids being told .

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

Tobias wrote:
trojan7 wrote:I was in my car heading to work and chuck Greenslate said the game will be on 107.5 tomorrow night. If I can get somebody to do the gamecast or help with it then you can watch it that way. I'll have to get NW's roster and starters to be completely prepared.
I will be following along on gamecast...

:mrgreen:
Me also. Please post the link, and know how much it is appreciated!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Look for the Trojans to pick up the defensive intensity tonight.......they had a subpar effort on the stop end vs. South Point and have been reminded in practice this week to get back to the defense that they have played throughout the season, allowing 50.7 PPG, with opponents shooting under 40% in many games with double digit turnovers.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Look for the Trojans to pick up the defensive intensity tonight.......they had a subpar effort on the stop end vs. South Point and have been reminded in practice this week to get back to the defense that they have played throughout the season, allowing 50.7 PPG, with opponents shooting under 40% in many games with double digit turnovers.
Thats good Dave but it always seems that at the convo they call alot of touch fouls so we got to be careful, and maybe the refs let them play.

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

"LETS GO TROJANS"

trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

Sorry guys no gamecast tonight but ill post updates here when I can. Service isn't good and I forgot my cell phone charger.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Tobias wrote:I hope that this game is on 99.3....

Here is the website for an online feed.

http://www.wnxtradio.com/

Can't go to the game...

:(
Well it doesn't look like they are doing the game.

oldtrojan
All State

Post by oldtrojan »

Nope...the idiots at this station drop the ball once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

They are playing the GAP Band on 99.3 now on the net so no game. :(

Someone please post updates, thanks !!!!!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

any word yet?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

oldtrojan wrote:Nope...the idiots at this station drop the ball once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sure glad We have WIRO with Jason and Kevin, can't remember the last time they didn't cover an Ironton Boys Football or Basketball Game on the web. I remember listening to games on the web when I was statioed in Hawaii 7 years ago.

oldtrojan
All State

Post by oldtrojan »

FIDO wrote:amazing..
To say the least!! I guess they figure all of the out of towners, as well as you in Texas, and me in Pennsylvania would rather listen to this daggone music!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll:

oldtrojan
All State

Post by oldtrojan »

Thanks FIDO..biggdowgg said he would text me every 3 or 4 minutes. Guess you get it faster in Texas. LOL!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

What but district basketball in 2011 could be bigger in P-Town on a saturday night in March for the radio/net to cover ? I can understand years ago when it was a lot bigger town and had a lot of nightlife, shopping, movie theaters, eateries and different things going on.

oldtrojan
All State

Post by oldtrojan »

I wrote wnxt a not so nice e-mail, but frankly I am sure they don't give a darn! :mrgreen:

Snake
Waterboy

Post by Snake »

Its on 107.5

Return to “Boys Basketball”