who has the best chance to reach the state around the area??

thebull
Varsity

Re: who has the best chance to reach the state around the ar

Post by thebull »

I have not seen Peake or Portsmouth this year but if they are better than Peebles i am glad NA didnt have to play them. I think with Justice playing the way he is they will be really hard to beat.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

What Time Is It? wrote:I think Portsmouth has a really good chance. They beat Chilli and Warren the second half of the year when Bendolph came back. He has the Trojans rolling right now and they are a very good ball club. I believe they can beat Peebles in the districts and if they play the way they can, win state.
They won't have to play Peebles in the Districts. Pending they make it that far, Ironton-Peebles would be a District Finals match-up.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

BABYFACE wrote:a few weeks ago, :someone;' posted that Bendolph did not belomng on the same floor with the Carter kid from Ironton, said he was not enough for the Trojans to beat Ironton, also said he would not make that big od difference when he returned to the Trojan line up.

what has happened since then?
shut Carter down ' "dont play the sick card, he was dancing and dunking during warm ups"

have won 8 games in a row, including beating d2 Marrietta 2 times who had only lost 4 games at the time, 2 of them to the Trojans, AND, beat d 2 Chillicothe who was in the top 10 in the state in D2.

I agree , I would not take Peakes 2 guards for Bendolph and Evans.

who all thinks that Peake could beat Chilli?.......not even close in my opinion
You, my friend are IGNORANT! If you watched that game and saw any other game the Zac Carter played, it's obvious that he was a different person that night, in a very bad way.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

And I personally love that Ironton is getting no love on here. I can guarantee there not going to be an easy out for anyone throughout this tournament.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Ironton has my respect. They play hard and are very physical and capable of beating anyone.

PEAKE POWER
Freshman Team

Post by PEAKE POWER »

Ironton is laying low and that does not bode well for the Oaks. Ironton wins this one. They are a very dangerous team who can make some real noise for some in the tourney. Don't sleep on a quiet Tiger or you'll get bit.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Here in Portsmouth, we have a lot of respect for Ironton.......the Fighting Tigers have talent and good coaching........and they always play hard!! Considering that they start 3 sophomores (Fletcher, Carter, and White), they've had a very good season.

I think one of the keys for IHS to make a long tourney run is for another player to step up as a scorer to help Zac Carter and Trey Fletcher.........if a team zones the Fighting Tigers, then someone other than Carter must be able to knock down the outside shot.

The fact that they play hard makes them dangerous to anybody they play.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

agree with trojan dave

Return to “Boys Basketball”