who has the best chance to reach the state around the area??

svbt1112
Varsity

Re: who has the best chance to reach the state around the ar

Post by svbt1112 »

Division 3 has a great advantage in our area----if you are the best division 3 team in the Southeast District then you have a great chance to get to the final 4. The eastern district puts one team in the regional and the southeast district gets 3 teams. Therefore, our district has a 3 out of 4 chance of putting a team in the final 4 and doesn't have to play a Columbus team in the regionals. As long as our numbers stay up we should be pretty happy about that math. Last year we had an all Southeast District Regional Championship and hopefully that will continue to happen!

I look for Chesapeake then Portsmouth then Peebles (in that order) to be our Final 4 qualifier this year. Does the Eastern District have a good representative this year?

Division 4 gets 2 teams to regionals and has a Columbus area team in the regional---much tougher route usually to get to the final 4. With that being said, the 2 teams from our area who win District Championships face each other in the Regional Semis so 1 of our teams will have a chance to compete for a regional Championship. Manchester, South Webster and Reedsville Eastern are the favorites for that position.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

independent2012 wrote:
TribeManiac10 wrote:
trojandave wrote:Peake: My statement referring to Portsmouth being the best defensive team in D3 refers only to the SE District, not statewide D3.......I have seen all the contenders in our district, with the exception of Peebles (we did scrimmage them), and I think that the Trojans defense' stands above the rest, considering the competition PHS has faced.
I have not seen Portsmouth play with Bendolph this season but I did see him play last year and based on that im sure they are a much better defensive team with him and the Whitley kid. With that being said, in the last scrimmage against Peebles the Indians won by around 20 in three quarters with the second being 16-3 in Peebles favor. I realize that the trojans are a better team then they were in the preseason but in the only head to head these teams have had Peebles came out on top. This should be the season that Portsmouth gets back over that sectional hump and with the draw they have should make it out of districts. Goodluck to them......unless they matchup with my Indians :122245
It must have been a really bad drought in Portsmouth basketball when Peebles trys to call you out,I think all these comments should be taken to the men of Troy before they face anyone of these teams and put over their lockers so they can read them,and see how they are disrepected.The most storied program in seo,gets dumped on by teams that have never won nothing.I doubt that coach Collins reads this site but if he does I would get Trojan Dave,Tobias,or Bigg Dog,to look up all the HATE post and go over with these boys,forget a scouting report these HATE post would be all you need.
Your ridiculous, no one is trying to run down Portsmouth.

trojan7
JV Team

Post by trojan7 »

PHS is hot right now with 11 straight Ws. 2 vs the #1 seeds in D2 in the SE district (Chilly and Warren).

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Portsmouth is very good, sodon't get me wrong, but Warren just snuck by Gallia. Instead of everyone thinking Chili and Warren are so great, maybe the league isn't as great as some like to think. I could be way off.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

or just maybe our defense had something to do with it?...this was a close game,,no more then a 6 point lead for either team untill the 4th,,,,to start he 4th Warren was actualy up on the Trojans,Portsmouth went on something like a 22 to 3 run after Waren got the lead....I have seen Warren a couple times and they are a very good team...... and even though most wont give the Trojans credit so are they.

one of our coaches had it right tonight,our kids could care less what a bunch of us internet coaches think,,they will play as hard as they can and do what ever they can to win.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

oooops..I was not supposed to post on this thread :oops:

Tim Hardaway Jr.
JV Team

Post by Tim Hardaway Jr. »

they way portsmouth is playing right now, especially tonight against warren, i see them as the team who not only has the best chance to reach state but to win it. bendolph is a great point guard for the team's style of play and if he played the entire the season i imagine they would have had maybe only one loss and an seoal championship.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I wish Bendolph would play for the Cleveland Cavs, I am pretty sure he would take them from a 8-9 win team to playoff caliber.

Not taking anything away from Portsmouth, I just find it unusual that Warren had ot hang on against a not so great gallia team the night before and then got blown out. Just interesting.

bigcline81
Riding the Bench

Post by bigcline81 »

wow (peake) everytime phs gets a win u always gotta say somthin bad about it!! my qs is i think phs has alot harder leage then peake and played alot better opponets then peake!! and may i ask wat did bendoph do to you cause i noticed u always putting him down..... phs is my pick for state they are the best team iv seen in awile just my opinion haha

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I have nothing against the kid, but geese jsut about every post I read starts a little like this, oh my sense AB came back we have won 10 games straight, we have done this, and we have done that, with him we are this and we are that. It gets a little old is all I am saying. We get it you are a different team with him.

Warren just got by a bad Gallia team, Portsmouth played them once to a 5 point game (Oh my goosh no AB), I am just not completely sold on how great your conference is. Rock Hill beat Gallia by the same as Portsmouth w/out AB. Just an observation.

BTW big cline, if you are going to say my question is, then actually ask a question. You made a statement, not asked a question.

btm, I watched Roger Bacon beat LeBron James and Akron SVSM with not a single d1 player. You got beat by portsmouth w/out a single d1 player on their roster. What is your point. You have great players, no one is debating that.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

All im asking is how Chillicothe got brought into this? I mean thanks for the people who respect Chillicothes program,but we will probably never ever play Chesapeake...as far as getting beat by Portsmouth,so what they played a better game that night! I dont cry over getting beat.....! BTW if your ever in Ross County and you have nothing to do hit me up and i could take you over to the "Hat" and show you the State Banner from 2007/2008...once again Chillicothe has no reason to be in the Portsmouth/Chesapeake feud...actually i hope you two teams meet so we can finally stop all this back and forth...GO CAVS!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Have you ever seen me disrespect Chili? All I said is maybe your conference is not as tough as some make it out to be. Maybe it is.

BTW, Rick Edwards-Richmond, Joey Thacker-Liberty, Anthoney Delimpo- Centerville, James Dempsey- Marietta, PJ Rase-Rio Grande, Aaron Gossett-Ohio Dominican, Matt Rucker-Marietta, and I am sure that Copley and Kennedy will play somewhere, and McMasters is getting recruited by d1 programs.

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

Right now I would put my money on the Trojans from Portsmouth. After their forth quarter performance against Warren last night , anything is possible. p.s. Can't figure out why peak is so envious of the Trojans and the S.E.O.A.L.?????

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I am not envious at all. I think some people have a problem with being a gracious winner, but I know Portsmouth is very good. I have no problems with the SEOAL, my opinion is it may not be as strong as once thought. Warren struggled to beat a bad Gallia team and was blown out by portsmouth. That same Warren team should have beaten Chili and CHili was beaten impressively by Portsmouth.

I just think the the SEOAL is not as impressive as some like to put on.

tiggerfan
Riding the Bench

Post by tiggerfan »

peake: perhaps it's Warren who isn't as impressive as once thought and not the entire SEOAL? If you read your own words, it's more about Warren's recent weakness than it is about other teams in the league.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Warren lost to Chili on a buzzer beater.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I could be wrong though, Ohiohoops.com really seems to like CHili.

http://www.ohiohshoops.com/2011/02/ohsa ... .html#more

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

peake wrote:Warren lost to Chili on a buzzer beater.
Peake, I'm starting to wonder about your basketball IQ or your age. I have read many of your post and some are thoughtful, however you have zero knowledge of SEOAL basketball. When someone starts talking about who beat who by how much then I question their credibility. IMO, the coaches are a little smarter than us. That is why they do the seeding.

Chilly and Warren both are number 1 seeds and either can get to the regionals. Marietta is a tough out as well in D2. Portsmouth is Well deserving of their seed and then some. They are as talented as it gets and for the first time in a long time they are getting it done defensively.

IMO, any of these teams can make a run. I can't speak for others that I have not seen. You on the other hand must be able to see a lot of Hoops.

Good luck to Peake and I'm sure they have a great opportunity to advance deep.

Finally, name me a conference with a better top 4 than the SEOAL.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

To be honest you can question away. I have said more then once, "I could be wrong". You know people thought Roger Bacon fans were crazy when they said they could beat Akron SVSM.

I have yet to see an SEOAL game, you are correct. So I form my opinion based on observations from scores. That is all I can do based on my limited ability to get back to Ohio.

Gallia is not a very good team, and the fact that two of your best teams were both within 5-10 point range of them tells me something. I understand bad games, but Gallia is not a very good team. Rock Hill who is not very good beat them by 5.

Now Warren has lost 2 of their last 3 and hand to hang on against Gallia, there is something to be said for the way they are playing right now. I think it is food for thought. We will see what happens and as I have said in the past "I could be wrong".

This forum is for debate, and I enjoy it. If you don't like it then dont post or dont read my posts.

Are you referring to a conference in SEO better then the SEOAL? I don't know if there is to be honest, but I can easily name several that are far better in Ohio. I am just saying I don't know how strong Chili and Warren really are, but we will see.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I look at the Chili schd and outside your conference the better teams you have lost to. Xenia is a 9-10 team, Strivers is 5-13, Springfield is 6-14, well Hillsborough is 13-7, so....

I didnt say Chili wasn't a good team, but I just question how good they truly are. We will see and I may eat my words.

Return to “Boys Basketball”