GREEN vs WHITEOAK

theuglytruth
Varsity

Re: GREEN vs WHITEOAK

Post by theuglytruth »

and if you want to talk calls check out the shot the Mccloud kid took with about 5 seconds left where the same official called a foul and Mccloud was able to send it to overtime. The player the foul was called on (#31) never made contact. Check that out on the videos!

and that my friend...........is the ugly truth.

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

Actually there was only one that got tossed, one got warned on each side. Didn't see what Bruce did to get the T, but the previous play seconds before where Lewis got horse collar slammed to the floor precipitated the call against Bruce. Once again, after this episode, the officials tried to restore order after letting it get out of control. WO doesn't like a physical game, it's easy to get into their heads and it showed. Although the officials blew dog on this one, it did not determine the winner.

heatfan
Waterboy

Post by heatfan »

Im 100% with "theuglytruth" the kid got a T for stomping on a WO player chest... As for whiteoak not wanting to play a physical game, it seems to me everygame they are in is a physical game. Huh, sounds like they wanna play that way.

If there wasn't 15 charges called against WO I would be suprised. Some legit, some not. Seriously, have you EVER saw a team get 15 legit charges called against them. I would say half were and half were not.

I guess last nights games pretty much say all they need to say about the SHL and the SOC. It pays to play a tougher schedule.

As I've heard another say, and that my friends is the ugly truth

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

I can't see how you can win a game in Double OT and say that shows that one league is tougher than the other. Not very smart logic. Green could have easily won that game in the first OT, and only a fool would have got on here and said that proves the SOC is a tougher league. I guess I just answered my own question.

As for the 15 charges, all I can say is watch the tape and learn, because if WO can't figure out how to stop that, they are on a short run. Green usually post videos, but they are not up yet. Here is the link for when they are put up. I do agree that even from way up in the balcony, that last foul call to send the game to OT look very suspicious, but we'll have to watch the vids.
http://www.greenbobcats.net/3-1-11-boys.htm

Good luck to WO in Athens.

heatfan
Waterboy

Post by heatfan »

rockyraccoon wrote:I can't see how you can win a game in Double OT and say that shows that one league is tougher than the other. Not very smart logic. Green could have easily won that game in the first OT, and only a fool would have got on here and said that proves the SOC is a tougher league. I guess I just answered my own question.

As for the 15 charges, all I can say is watch the tape and learn, because if WO can't figure out how to stop that, they are on a short run. Green usually post videos, but they are not up yet. Here is the link for when they are put up. I do agree that even from way up in the balcony, that last foul call to send the game to OT look very suspicious, but we'll have to watch the vids.

Maybe if green wasnt to busy laying on the floor all game taking charges they could have scored a few more points and won the game. They did play hard, and did a lot of good things. I still think the better team won. Maybe I'm a little bias though (just like many are).

Is 15 charges a little excessive, honestly. Have they ever taken that many? WO has never been called for more than 3 in a game all year...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Because the 9-11 team beat the 15-5 team and the 9-11 team beat the 12-8 team......traveling 60 and 85 miles further.....had Symmes Valley at 17-3 been on this side of the district they would've been way up in the seeding as well....but they got knocked off by another 10-10 team.

SHL is better than the small schools SOC. I don't even understand how it can be argued.

I give much credit to the small schools SOC coaches for making the seeding fair.

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

Whiteoak fans talk about their two best players fouling out in the 4th qt
but Green's best player got in early foul trouble in the first qt and sit out
untill 4 minute mark in the 2nd qt, if he had played all those minutes you would
have to think that we would have score a few points and the game wouldn't have
went to OT but we will never no. Best of of luck to Whiteoak.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

heatfan wrote:
rockyraccoon wrote:I can't see how you can win a game in Double OT and say that shows that one league is tougher than the other. Not very smart logic. Green could have easily won that game in the first OT, and only a fool would have got on here and said that proves the SOC is a tougher league. I guess I just answered my own question.

Maybe if green wasnt to busy laying on the floor all game taking charges they could have scored a few more points and won the game. They did play hard, and did a lot of good things. I still think the better team won. Maybe I'm a little bias though (just like many are).

Is 15 charges a little excessive, honestly. Have they ever taken that many? WO has never been called for more than 3 in a game all year...
Really, if they weren't laying on the floor taking charges on the defensive end, they could have scored more points on the offensive end. BRILLIANT! Not to mention that each one of those charges was a basket not scored by WO.

Obviously you weren't even at the game, because I am not a Green supporter or fan, I was there from the first game, and I didn't see one charge call that was questionable. WO just came thru the lane over and over and plowed over Greens defense.

looks like Green has some of the videos up. Go watch them and make up your own mind.
http://www.greenbobcats.net/

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I was at the game,and I though most if not all of the charges was good calls, I could not beleive they kept running in as hard as they did,,,even the W.O. coach got onto one of the plaers that had 2 straight that was no doubt charges,,sory dont remember his number.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

They don't have the video of the boy being slammed to the ground. He is still in the game in video 12, which shows the end of the 1st quarter, but video 13 starts at around the 4 minute mark of the 2nd quarter so there is 4 minutes missing and it happened towards the beginning of the 2nd quarter.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

flash wrote:Whiteoak fans talk about their two best players fouling out in the 4th qt
but Green's best player got in early foul trouble in the first qt and sit out
untill 4 minute mark in the 2nd qt, if he had played all those minutes you would
have to think that we would have score a few points and the game wouldn't have
went to OT but we will never no. Best of of luck to Whiteoak.
Whiteoak had 4 starters with 2 fouls early in the second quarter, 3 of which who spent a good amount of time sitting out and was in worse foul trouble than Green. So this really is irrelevant?

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

rockyraccoon wrote:
heatfan wrote:

Really, if they weren't laying on the floor taking charges on the defensive end, they could have scored more points on the offensive end. BRILLIANT! Not to mention that each one of those charges was a basket not scored by WO.

Obviously you weren't even at the game, because I am not a Green supporter or fan, I was there from the first game, and I didn't see one charge call that was questionable. WO just came thru the lane over and over and plowed over Greens defense.

looks like Green has some of the videos up. Go watch them and make up your own mind.
http://www.greenbobcats.net/
I'll admit many of the charges were legit charges but if you didn't see any questionable charges then you must no know what to look for. There were 3 that I saw that were very bad calls.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

I haven't watched the videos, and I was in the upper level at the game. I am sure there are calls that could have went the other way, but when you have a team that keeps plowing thru the lane like WO did, the refs start aniticipating the calls.

Return to “Boys Basketball”