Wellston @ Jackson 2/9

sportsfan18
Waterboy

Wellston @ Jackson 2/9

Post by sportsfan18 »

Wellston coming off the win agaisnt athens, jacksom struggling this year but they did beat meigs.. i think the winner of this game is based on colt chapman and nigel courts, whoever has the better game thats what team i think will win.. thoughts?

mustang77
Waterboy

Re: Wellston @ Jackson 2/9

Post by mustang77 »

Success might depend on Chapman in Jackson but that is the farthest thing from the truth in Wellston. This particular team relies on each other and normally they play for each other. They play very unselfish on the offensive end and play together on the defensive end. Wellston has very balanced scoring in most wins. Courts is very important to Wellston, but this season they have really worked to grasp the meaning of the word "team."

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

I know Wellston has come up on the short end of the stick when playing the ironmen lately. Anyone know how many years it has been since Wellston actually beat Jackson?

prepster
Riding the Bench

Post by prepster »

2008 national hoops classic... Lost last season on a last second shot by dillon newsroom. Coach Derrow did not coach versus Jackson 2009.
2008 Wellston won by 3 in overtime
2010 Jackson won by 1 last second shot.

Rocketfan88
Freshman Team

Post by Rocketfan88 »

wellston 60 -56

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Sid Farkus wrote:I know Wellston has come up on the short end of the stick when playing the ironmen lately. Anyone know how many years it has been since Wellston actually beat Jackson?
You shouldn't have asked that question, its bad karma. Since you asked a question like that, Wellston will probably win this game by around 20. Jackson really shouldn't even bother showing up, they don't have near the wins as Wellston. The Golden Rockets will blow out the Ironmen, they're on a hot streak.

sportsfan18
Waterboy

Post by sportsfan18 »

mustang77 wrote:Success might depend on Chapman in Jackson but that is the farthest thing from the truth in Wellston. This particular team relies on each other and normally they play for each other. They play very unselfish on the offensive end and play together on the defensive end. Wellston has very balanced scoring in most wins. Courts is very important to Wellston, but this season they have really worked to grasp the meaning of the word "team."
Success may not depend on courts as heavily.. but to say thats the farthest thing from the truth is crazy.. wellston is 6-0 when courts scores 17+ points.. dont get me wrong wellston is improving as a team, they have alot of young talent, but there success is going to depend on their team leader.

mustang77
Waterboy

Post by mustang77 »

No question. It would help if Courts had a big game. Wellston strives for offensive balance but a Huge night from Nigel would really help.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Whether Courts gets his points or not is academic. The Golden Rockets are 9-6 and Jackson probably doesn't have more then three wins on the year. Wellston will run away with this one. This game is gonna be a blow out...edge Golden Rockets.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Ty, I am not so sure, there are plenty of football players on Jackson's team, they are hurting from an August 28th loss, plus with home court advantage. I think that this game will be a great game to watch and closer than most people think, but I give the edge to the Golden Rockets.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

They are teenage kids that get along with Wellston players as mush as any group I can remember.......I doubt they are still hurting. If they are their SEOAL CHampionship rings should help them feel better.

mustang77
Waterboy

Post by mustang77 »

This game is a big game for both teams. Ironman92 you must understand that wellstons players and coaches respect the Jackson coaches and players very much. Hawkeye and Ty Webb are both huge Vinton County supporters and are trying to get Jackson players and coaches motivated by their postings. TY made a major mistake on his radio show before the Wellston victory over VC and he is now trying to use reverse psychology so he can feel a part of the game. This is his way of trying to motivate Jackson. Hawkeye is like his puppet and his following his lead. This is all in good fun for them. Hopefully it will backfire on them just like last time. Neither poster represents Wellston, and Wellston does not support either one of their views on anything.
Last edited by mustang77 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I know the whole story.....just commenting. I've been around here for a while.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

...while I'm at it I guess

Jackson has struggled to get wins this season....I'm sure the Wellston game is recognized by all involved as a chance for a "W" if things go well. I can't fathom this thread being used for extra motivation.

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Post by Ted Striker »

Why on Earth is this game being played on a Wednesday? I think it's offensive to play a game during the Duke/Carolina rivalry.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Both teams see this as a possible win before the tourney draw and neither AD gave a rat's butt about the Duke/UNC game played in early February.

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Post by Ted Striker »

It doesn't really matter if Jackson gets a win before the tournament, they're a first round KO. With the God-awful sectional that Wellston plays in, a win might get them a 3 or 4 seed. A 3 or 4 seed for beating a 2-win team. Wow.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

That is the exact opposite of how each coach has to view that.

35AIRmhs13
Waterboy

Post by 35AIRmhs13 »

Marietta by 3 in a close one

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

mustang77 wrote:This game is a big game for both teams. Ironman92 youust understand that wellstons players and coaches respect the Jackson coaches and players very much. Hawkeye and Ty Webb are both huge Vinton County supporters and are trying to get Jackson players and coaches motivated by their postings. TY made a major mistake on his radio show before the Wellston victory over VC and he is now trying to use reverse psychology so he ca feel a part of the game. This is is way of trying to motivate Jackson. Hawkeye is like is puppet and his following his lead. This is all in good fun for them. Hopefully it will backfire on them just like last time. Neither poster represents Wellston, and Wellston does not support either onevofvthrir views on anything.
Huh? I sure do hope that you are NOT an educator.

First, I am extremely too fat to be anyone's puppet. I am and will always be my own man.

I am just a huge high school basketball fan, I enjoy keeping up with area teams, especially those of Wellston, Jackson, Oak Hill, Alexander, Southeastern, Athens, and Logan. All of these schools are located within 25 miles of my location. So excuse me for expressing an articulated, well-informed opinion.

In fact, I92 will remember that I have expressed my concerns and opinions in other matters, for example, the elaborate cost of Alumni Stadium including the cost of the flag pole, (not poll). Therefore, do NOT flatter yourself, to assume that I am persecuting you or your team. My time is way too valuable to be concern with the opinion of mustang77.

Return to “Boys Basketball”