FAIRLAND @ CHESAPEAKE

earp
S

Re: FAIRLAND @ CHESAPEAKE

Post by earp »

Peake I think I know the anwser to youre question,Probably in the early 90s when Ryan Ramey and Nathan Hughes played at Fairland!They were nearly impossible to matchup with well except for you guys because you had John Thacker and Rick Edwards!Both of those teams were the real deal even though you guys slipped up in the sectional that season!

BleedsGreen
Waterboy

Post by BleedsGreen »

FYI throughmyeyes to answer your question...don't know about football, but attended both Fairland games vs. Raceland and Wayne. Fairland didn't run up the score. Deep bench players (kids 10-15) played as early as 2nd qtr. in both games and a lot of the 2nd half. Wayne and Raceland played some bench players in 2nd half as well. Just not Raceland and Wayne's year in basketball.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

peake going back over the years Chesapeake and Fairlnd both have had good ball players. I think back at my years and to name a few, Russell, Fairchild, Adkins and and later Dantoni and Delker. These guys were good players and team players. In those years if you had a big man they were not ball handlers or the outside threat of todays team

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

this is some interesting stuff

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

my previous post mentioned only peake players the only big man from my years I can remember that played was a 6' 5" center named Cox

earp
S

Post by earp »

Ya I remember the Cox guy peake71!He rode my grandfathers school bus LOL! Small world! :lol: I did go to Peake in 1st and 2nd grade BTW,Just dont tell everybody! 8) But anyway he wore those big Drew Carey style glasses same guy right?

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

earp as you can see I graduated in 71. We had some great close games in those years

Turd
Waterboy

Post by Turd »

throughmyeyes...i do realize that a few teams would be a possible number 1 seed in fairlands section, but hhhmmmm let me think, no there not in it, just so YOU know!!

throughmyeyes
Waterboy

Post by throughmyeyes »

turd my point was your going to eliminate some very good teams in the jackson bracket while leaving in some teams that would be an 11th seed in jackson bracket they should seperate the divisions to be balanced just so you know!!!!

Turd
Waterboy

Post by Turd »

if they are so good they wont be eliminated, and should win. you cant complain about where your at, you have to come out and play. the best team wins.

throughmyeyes
Waterboy

Post by throughmyeyes »

That is not true turd good teams get eliminated while marginal teams in weak brackets move on to make for bad games at the convo.

0 for Monday
Waterboy

Post by 0 for Monday »

throughmyeyes wrote:That is not true turd good teams get eliminated while marginal teams in weak brackets move on to make for bad games at the convo.
You're exactly right throughmyeyes.

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Just My Opinion »

throughmyeyes wrote:turd my point was your going to eliminate some very good teams in the jackson bracket while leaving in some teams that would be an 11th seed in jackson bracket they should seperate the divisions to be balanced just so you know!!!!

I'll second that opinion. It would only make for better games all around. Instead of having the better teams meet at the beginnig of the tournament, let them meet at the convo.

throughmyeyes - How about polling your opinion and lets see how it turns out?

throughmyeyes
Waterboy

Post by throughmyeyes »

just my opinion you will have to i do not have that superpower yet.

independent2012
Freshman Team

Post by independent2012 »

Why don't you guys give Fisher a break,it is without a doubt that Chesapeake has a very good ball club,one who is capable of going the distance,but that does not mean you have the best players in seo.In my opinion from watching several games played by both teams,Fisher would be a starter for Chesapeake and probably would be their third scoring option.He may not be a next level basketball player,but he is a good high school guard.JMO.

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Just My Opinion »

me neither, I just think that it would be very interesting to see the results.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Independent,

Disagree. McMaster, Collin, and Copley are option #1, 2, and 3. To argue anything other then that is ridiculous.

JustAfanInTheStands1
Waterboy

Post by JustAfanInTheStands1 »

peake wrote:Independent,

Disagree. McMaster, Collin, and Copley are option #1, 2, and 3. To argue anything other then that is ridiculous.
And Eric Kennedy is the 4th scoring option for the Peake and he comes off the bench ;-)

0 for Monday
Waterboy

Post by 0 for Monday »

JustAfanInTheStands1 wrote:
peake wrote:Independent,

And Eric Kennedy is the 4th scoring option for the Peake and he comes off the bench ;-)
:aaaaa91

Return to “Boys Basketball”