Peebles VS Manchester 1/25

bucknut53
Riding the Bench

Re: Peebles VS Manchester 1/25

Post by bucknut53 »

jimmy chipwood wrote:A question for the Peebles fans. Why does Countryman seem to always be in foul trouble? Where is he picking up these fouls at on the floor? Does he reach and gamble to much, body check, get beat off the dribble and get called for blocks, try to block shots, getting called for charging, etc??? From my experience when the same player is constantly getting in foul trouble there is something wrong with his defensive fundamentals (not playing def. with feet, always out of position, etc). Not taking a jab at Countryman because I am really impressed with the kid and knew he would be a good player ever since I saw him in 8th grade.
I would be very impressed with the kid that could beat Countryman off the dribble. Very quick, good defender, and would have to say that his foul "trouble" (2 in first half usually has you sitting til third quarter) comes off either help defense or out of a the trap. I've watched every game and do not feel that he is "constantly" getting into foul trouble as you stated above.

Great player that is finally starting to get the respect and interest from schools that he deserves.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

This should be another very good game. Both teams have the ability to score in bursts. You can't say enough about the 2 Blakes, Justice and Blevins, but both teams have other players capable of scoring a lot of points. Travis Combs is a player I really like and is capable of 30 points on any given night. Andy Countryman is another that can light it up.
This game is a toss up IMO. Peebles will be looking to avenge the holiday tourney loss and Manchester will want to sweep the season series and a win will put them in excellent shape to win the league.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

I don't think the coaches will have much problem with motivation for this one.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Out of Bounds wrote:I don't think the coaches will have much problem with motivation for this one.
Sure wont....im sure every player for both teams realize the importance of this game. If Peebles wins they move into a tie for the league title with the greyhounds but if Manchester wins they are given some wiggle room in first place.

Who they play in conference the rest of the way out:

Peebles(9-1, 6-1):

North Adams
West Union
Whiteoak
Fayetteville-Perry
Ripley
Lynchburg-Clay

Manchester(11-1, 7-0):

Whiteoak
Fairfield(twice)
Ripley
Lynchburg-Clay
???

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

Both teams still play an improving White Oak and a very good Ripley team. Should be some good basketball.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Out of Bounds wrote:Both teams still play an improving White Oak and a very good Ripley team. Should be some good basketball.
Also, Manchester struggles with Fairfield every year and they still have to play them twice. The race for the league title could get interesting down the road.

hangman
Riding the Bench

Post by hangman »

Is there three games tomorrow or two, just trying to figure out if i should get there at four or five to get a set. It's going to definetly be a full house. I think i might were my red cape and my blue spandex. Ha Ha

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

hangman wrote:Is there three games tomorrow or two, just trying to figure out if i should get there at four or five to get a set. It's going to definetly be a full house. I think i might were my red cape and my blue spandex. Ha Ha
Only two games tomarrow, however they are having a chili supper at 4:30 and it is also the Coaches -vs- cancer game.

Chieftan
Riding the Bench

Post by Chieftan »

Coaches Vs Cancer

Great cause....hope all will come out to support!

Big night, big rivalry...it will be a great game, good food, and some heartwarming generosity from Peebles and Manchester fans alike to help our local families battling cancer. Last year money went to Andy Countryman and his family and this year atleast a portion if not all will go to Spencer Kelley and his family....

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

this is a great rivalry but the main thing is this game is to benefit a good cause

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

streetballer wrote:this is a great rivalry but the main thing is this game is to benefit a good cause
Very true, it's also comming up on one year since Andy lost his father to cancer. I hope I can speak for everyone when I say "Andy we are all with you tonight bud."

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

The Peebles JV is up on the Manchester JV 28-9 at halftime.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles JV wins 72-20ish. Not completely sure on the Manchester JV's total but it was anywhere from 18-24.

shlfan
Waterboy

Post by shlfan »

5 Minutes until game time.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

23-15 Peebles after one. Blake Justice with 19pts.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

TribeManiac10 wrote:23-15 Peebles after one. Blake Justice with 19pts.
WOW.......Blake is lighting it up.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Late start? Sounds like Justice is off to a hot start.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

36-26 Peebles at the half....heard nearly $17,000 was raised for the night's cause(not positive this is completely accurate).

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Couldnt make it to this one but ive heard it has been a REALLY physical game with nothing coming easy for either side. Blevins leads Manchester with 13pts....Justice leading Peebles(not sure on his exact total...had to sit out a little bit of the 2nd with 2 fouls).

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Score??

Return to “Boys Basketball”