dime-a-dozen's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - 1-7-11

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - UP TO 1-7-

Post by dime-a-dozen »

I will agree with the Bowman statement. They are a Very Good Ball Club.
And if Chilly wins believe it they will bounce back up to #1.

So far my most disapointing team would be the Waverly Tigers. What happend from last year?

southernohio13
Freshman Team

Post by southernohio13 »

Where is pfloyd at because i totally disagree with dime a dozen. Chillicothe is 7-0 and just beat Warren tonight. They dropped because they only beat Gallia by 23??? Ask the Gallia people it could have been worse if our coach wanted it worse but why?? I want Pfloyd back quick................. How do you justify dropping a team from pfloyd's list when the number 1 team has won every game. oh well. Must be a peake fan.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Dime,

Take it from me, your not going to please everyone or even the majority sometimes but just keep doing your best to analyze/compare the teams.

southernohio13
Freshman Team

Post by southernohio13 »

i want pfloyd back. Period.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

dime- Waverly only had 3 guys back with any expierence back from last year, so they got off to a very slow start, but they will be very dangerous come tournament time. They do have 2 great players and another solid one, so once those other guys come around, they'll be a tough out.

They have lost 2 games in OT and another 2 at the buzzer, with only Logan Elm beating them soundly.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

I am a Peake fan along with a fan of sothern/southeastern ohio. Sorry not everybody in the world are Chilly fans that is also undefeated just like Chesapeake. It's not just the Gallia game its strenght of schedual and to this point I think Chesapeake has played tougher opponents now come the end of tomarrow Chilly would have played the tougher schedual and if they beat Bowman they will then be my #1 but as of right now Chesapeake is #1. 2marrow may make this a different story! What if Pfloyd would have had Chesapeake #1 rather than Chilly b4 he became ill?

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

The Burg loss doesn't justify much i don't think. Have seen them play twice. Not a normal Tom Barrick squad.

Thanks Jimmy

southernohio13
Freshman Team

Post by southernohio13 »

if pfloyd had peake ahead of chilly before his illness i can live with that but to change it midstream while number 1 continues to pound teams is a joke.. Good try but not even right. i had no idea you were a peake fan but figured so due to the jump. Chillicothe's D would smother peake. Just ask Warren and the other teams on the chillicothe schedule.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Pound Teams?
Chillicothe
Beat: Xenia by 4
Beat: SSA by 9
Beat: Marietta by 23
Beat: Gallia by 23
Beat: Portsmouth by 10
Beat: Warren by 14

AVG Margin of Victory = 13.83333 points

Chesapeake
Beat: Gallia by 55
Beat: Rock Hill by 25
Beat: Africentric by 9
Beat: Ironton by 8
Beat: Wheelersburg by 25
Beat: South Point by 38

Avg margin of victory = 26.66

Just another reason i moved Chesapeake to #1

osubuckeyes2013
Waterboy

Post by osubuckeyes2013 »

Dime not trying to bash you or anything but do you think because you are a Peake fan you moved them up? I agree Peake is a great team but to move Chilli down because they are not beating teams by 50 does not make sense but glad you started this back up gives us some good debates

PEAKE POWER
Freshman Team

Post by PEAKE POWER »

I cannot see moving Chillicothe because they didn't beat someone as bad as you think they should have. They have a very good team and have some quality wins including Warren their most recent victim. The Panthers have some quality wins as well and have a good team as well. One thing I find interesting from year to year is how programs drop off the face of the earth. Example this year North Adams who has had many good teams in the past is getting blown out and the response is that their young. The most impressive thing about Chesapeake basketball is that they are always in this coversation year after year young or veteran doesn't matter. We have seen many times and have had many debates with fans from teams that arent even talked about on here now. A program wins year after year as the old addage goes we don't rebuild we reload. Good luck to the Cavs you have a very nice team.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Why is every one continuing to twell on the score?

I also brought up nearly 5 other reasons to why I moved Chesapeake to #1.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

So this topic should be changed to Chesapeake's Elite Eight...im sure once pfloyd gets better he will get an update one...

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Dime,

Another good thing to do (if you are going to continue with the rankings) is to post them either on Monday or like I do on Wednesday because it gives you the full week of games to evaluate. People have a few days to get their positive/negative emotions worked out and reflect on the past week's games. Obviously, after handling #3 Warren - Chillicothe will probably move up in your rankings.

independent2012
Freshman Team

Post by independent2012 »

Seen both teams play twice,and am not a big fan of either but Chillicothe is the better of these two teams.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Guys, stop acting like jerks. These things are created to spark good debate.

I think dime has made a good argument regardless of what team he "roots" for. I have yet to see an educated debate why Chesapeake should not be #1.

I will put my money on Ironton to beat Warren anytime of the year. Ironton has two losses (Chesapeake and Cin Taft) and imo should be #3 in front of Warren. Ironton has the best SOS at this moment ahead of anyone, and if you want to try and build an argument around Chilli beating Warren, well Chesapeake beat Ironton who WAS the #3 according to Pfloyd.

I have not seen Chilli play so I am not going to comment, but I think the guy is doing a pretty good job of ranking these teams. I would move Ironton back up, especially considering their SOS and not having two other kids against Chesapeake that would have changed things imo.

I would venture to guess Chesapeake would give Chilli a lot of trouble with their size. I have yet to see a SEO team with a bigger lineup then them.

IMO Chilli is not even SEO either. They are close to central Ohio imo.

Anyways, I think this is an objective poll. If you have a problem with it, at least give an educated response either then, well Chilli would beat Chesapeake 8 out of 10 times. How the hell does any of you know if that is true? How many here have seen both play? Get over it.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

and dime, don't change your poll to cave into pressure by people who imo probably haven't even seen either team play.

Pfloyd has also give a 1a and 1b before when he feels two teams are deserving on #1.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Independent, what does not a big fan of either have to do with anything?

Why is one better then the other? Everyone needs to back up their statements with something constructive. Example: Chilli's pressure would be way too much for CHesapeake because if you saw them v Africentric you could see they didn't deal with pressure very well or Chesapeake would pound the ball down low and force Chilli to step down and open up shots from the outside for McMaster and Copely. How would Chilli matchup with McMaster, who is a matchup nightmare at 6'5-6'6 guard? Africentric had no answer and they put a very athletic 6'5 kid on him and he pumped in 24 on them. How would Chilli deal with Copely shooting from the outside? Do you have the size to deal with 6'7 Kennedy down low? Chesapeake is only 7 deep but they bring off a 6'3 kid who can shot and hit 4 3's jsut a week ago, and another 6'1 kid who does a little bit of everything.

Please backup your statements.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

dime,

thanks for stepping up and putting out some kind of ranking. we all know it's not ideal, but at least we temporarily have a common thread to talk about all the teams underneath the Lancaster-Dixon line.

Isn't it interesting that the majority of people on this thread don't know pfloyd, or even his real name, but he feels like a friend to us all. Here's hoping he recovers quickly.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

jc +1

Return to “Boys Basketball”