bdubya
Varsity

River Valley joins TVC Ohio

Post by bdubya »

G.W.A.
All Conference

Re: River Valley joins TVC Ohio

Post by G.W.A. »

You talk like the Ohio is a tough conference or something. It is very week. N.Y. usually wins it with a decent d5 football team. That doesnt say much for the bigger schools in the league. River valley will be fine in the ohio division.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

A week is 7 days. Weak is the argument you make.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

When some people realize they have no argument they make an effort at being the spelling and grammar police. :mrgreen:

expert witness
Freshman Team

Post by expert witness »

they beat meigs every year in basketball. 3 out of the last 4. beat wellston last year also.

yellowjacket
Freshman Team

Post by yellowjacket »

they beat nelsonville york last week

WangoZTango
Freshman Team

Post by WangoZTango »

River Valley is a good addition to the TVC - Ohio.

I would like to see Wahama move to the TVC - Ohio. They dominated the Hocking in football. We will have to see how they do in basketball.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

2014??? Makes no sense to me schedules couldn't be worked out sooner.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

Raiderball wrote:2014??? Makes no sense to me schedules couldn't be worked out sooner.

That's the same thing I was thinking. 2014 is three years away. Why couldn't River Valley be integrated into TVC play in 2012?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think the reason that Rv is waiting until 2014 to join is because the TVC is planning on adding more teams in the next few years.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Maybe they can have a TVC 10 or 12, and have a league tournament or championship game UH? :122246
Just more work for 93BULLDOG!

Welcome aboard RIVER VALLEY!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Spartan wrote:A week is 7 days. Weak is the argument you make.
if you are a school teacher too give one of your jobs up to someone that needs it

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Heavy D wrote:When some people realize they have no argument they make an effort at being the spelling and grammar police. :mrgreen:
Agreeeed

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

gahs4ever wrote:The TVC didnt do RV any favors in putting them in the Ohio with N-Y, Athens, Alex, VC and others; especially in FB and BK.

But of course in the Hocking there are those gawd awful long road trips north.
trust me from a grandparents point of view i would rather drive to nelsonville,athens,alexander,vinton county,welston, via 160 & 32 all are less than an hour except nelsonville
driving to rock hill, coal grove and southpoint and no 4 lanes to get you there takes a bit more than an hour,rv is much better off.
as far as the level of competition really not much different,rv actually beat a few of the tvc teams lately plus i think rv will be treated much more like a league member,in the past we weren't allowed to compete in the ovc in jr high sports until the last few years,only rock hill was nice enough to play us.
no matter what league your in you have to beat the best to be a contender and rv is really down as of late but that can change we will see.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

HAH! Well Fairland was they closest school we played,now it's Meigs,let's ask all River Valley Fans. Which trip would they rather make?

oh i predict Gallia Academy goes 0-2 in OVC play tonite hahaha

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

gahs4ever wrote:Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....my shadow is wrong AGAIN!

Assuming you are right about tonight, that would make us 1-2 hahaha

Are you ever right or is that just my arrogance showing again?

Let me know how that TVC thing works out for you.
Well I stand corrected,you will be 1-2 thanks for clearing that up!
Arrogance,I don't know. One must have intelligence before they can be considered arrogant.

Trust me one would shreek at the thought of shadowing such a fowl subject.
Predict now hoe many games the Vaunted Gallia Academy will win this year? I say 4 games total and 0 in the SEOAL.
touche,your turn. ? How many wins? _______
We can see how much you know about BASKETBALL and if you mouth off with your head or heart?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I am happy that River Valley will be joining the TVC. I wishthey would come over a little sooner. Say 2012, but I am sure there is a good reason why they feel the need to wait 4 years.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

Orange and Brown wrote:I am happy that River Valley will be joining the TVC. I wishthey would come over a little sooner. Say 2012, but I am sure there is a good reason why they feel the need to wait 4 years.
I think it was partly because of scheduling plus it gives the OVC a chance to get a replacement.

Also pay no attention to our lurker in Blue Glasses,I predict Gallia Academy will be calling before long,seems Chillicothe Marietta,Portsmouthand Logan are going to bigger better things,Ironton left. That leaves Ga, Warren,Marietta and Jackson those size schools are rare in our area and Gallia Academy is a doormat in Basketball of late,they have to be in a league where they can pound their chest or there are reasons (perhapss the refs threw too many flags)??
I would say if you add Jackson,Gallia Academy,Warren,Athens it makes a nice Division that would give you 3 in the TVC.

Portsmouth goes to the SOC
Soon the SEOAL will no longer exist!

FutureDevil
Waterboy

Post by FutureDevil »

Gallia Academy is a doormat in Basketball of late,

So does that make your rv the dirt under that mat?

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

FutureDevil wrote:Gallia Academy is a doormat in Basketball of late,

So does that make your rv the dirt under that mat?
IMHO the schools are about on the same level when it comes to Basketball,being that Gallipolis High School has about a 1/3 advantage in enrollment and there are players on their team who live in River Valley School district,they should win the head to head matchups.
Yet,no one from River Valley continually claims we are a sports mecca such as the Great Gallia Academy (which the high school in gallipolis city school districtis not an actual academy,this is really something i wouldn't think people of such esteem & Intellect would miss this really just helps explain the arrogance that exists in this poor little has been of a town!)
from the dictionary:
a·cad·e·my (-kd-m)
n. pl. a·cad·e·mies
1. A school for special instruction.
2. A secondary or college-preparatory school, especially a private one.

In knowing this I call it Gallipolis High School!
in Their League they are a door mat! River valley actually finished ahead on one team last year in their league where was Gallipolis High School in their league standings?
If you need to get someone to help you coprahend this perhaps get someone to read it with you or read it to you.
Surprised that with the superior education you received from Gallipolis High School that you were unable to grasp what you read in the thread?

Return to “Boys Basketball”