Waverly@Valley12/10

Eaglesnest
All State

Re: Waverly@Valley12/10

Post by Eaglesnest »

I think Waverly and Kretzer should be too much for Valley. BUT, Waverly will have to handle Valley's pressure. Also, if Valley shoots the way that I heard they did against Eastern Pike it will not be a shock if the Indians do beat the Tigers.

Yates is unbelievable at scoring the ball and will make you pay with double teams and find the open man. I also heard Yates is even better this season than last at shooting and driving. Who will try to slow him for the Tigers? If the cast aroubnd Yates shoots well, they will cause ANYONE problems.

Good luck to both teams.

roundingthird
JV Team

Post by roundingthird »

Waverly plays at the Convo this weekend right?
Could anyone tell me what time on saturday?

thanks in advance!

the hit king
Freshman Team

Post by the hit king »

tigers play logan elm at the convo at 7:30pm sat

Ace
Freshman Team

Post by Ace »

The school website has Waverly playing Logan Elm at 5:45...not 7:30.

roundingthird
JV Team

Post by roundingthird »

Can anyone confirm when Waverly plays saturday?

Larry Bird
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Bird »

After watching Valley destroy eastern tuesday i was very impressed with yates. Scored 43 and was very unselfish with the ball. But the eagles kept trying to pressure him at half court and he went right around them time after time either scoring getting to the line or finding an open teammate. If waverly will stay in front of him and not give him a clear path to the basket he will have to shoot from the perimeter. He is a good shooter but much more effective when he gets in the lane. Waverly will do much better keeping him on the perimeter and im still taking the tigers by 10.

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

Sat game is at 7:30

Sowers
Waterboy

Post by Sowers »

Waverly up 26-17 at the half Harrison Martin hit his 1000th career point in the second quarter Congrats Harrison

Sowers
Waterboy

Post by Sowers »

Waverly up over valley at the end of the 3rd 36-30

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

After 3

Waverly 36

Valley 30

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

4:00 to go

Waverly 39

Valley 37

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

1:15 to go

Valley 40

Waverly 39

Valley has the ball

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley 41

Waverly 41

30 to go....Valley holding for final shot

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Timeout Valley

tied at 41

:08 seconds to go

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

GREAT play by Yates....dishes to Dwyer with 1 second to go hes fouled...Dwer hits the free throw. Game over

Final:

Valley 42

Waverly 41

This is a "mild" upset as Waverly is considered the SOC2 front runner by many. I thought the officiating was rough on both sides, but Dwyer WAS fouled on the final play, GREAT camera angle and replay by VSN!

Valley gets it to 2-2 on the year, and are playing much better ball right now...

southernohio13
Freshman Team

Post by southernohio13 »

I thought Waverly was supposed to be good this year. Is Valley that good?

HERD07
Riding the Bench

Post by HERD07 »

chicken_coop wrote:GREAT play by Yates....dishes to Dwyer with 1 second to go hes fouled...Dwer hits the free throw. Game over

Final:

Valley 42

Waverly 41

This is a "mild" upset as Waverly is considered the SOC2 front runner by many. I thought the officiating was rough on both sides, but Dwyer WAS fouled on the final play, GREAT camera angle and replay by VSN!

Valley gets it to 2-2 on the year, and are playing much better ball right now...
Thanks for watching. That camera was in the hands of a newcomer on the VSN crew. He did a great job. However I wish I could say the same for a VSN veteran who knocked us offline for a short time in the post game. I'll do better next time.... :oops:

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I SAID IN A PREVIOUS POST:
"Now, do I think Waverly can win, YES. Waverly has to play a great game to do so. They will have to limit the turnovers, control the glass, limit Yates, play great team defense, hit FT's.
If Waverly does that they should come away with the victory."

Obviously the Tigers didn't limit the turnovers: I thought I heard them say it was 23 to 13 in turnover ratio.
The Tigers did a good job on the glass and limited Yates (I thought Taylor Ward had another good game and did a great job on Yates).
The Tigers did a TERRIBLRE job at the FT line missing something like 12 for the game, 9 in a row at one point in the 2nd half, most in the 4th quarter.

Waverly has to figure out ways to win these close games instead of finding ways to lose. The Tigers were up 8 at different times in the 4th quarter and couldn't get it done. Turnovers and missed FT's in the 4th KILLED the Tigers.

It doesn't get any easier tomorrow as the Tigers make the trip to the convo to battle a very good Logan Elm Braves squad.

CONGRATULATIONS TO HARRISON MARTIN FOR SCORING HIS 1,000th CAREER POINT TONIGHT! There were a few Valley fans applaud the young man's accomplishment, maybe 10 stood - that's pathetic. And Robertson had to call a timeout for the Waverly fans to give him any kind of recognition. I know Valley treated Leslie from Northwest the same way last year - SAD!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

smurray wrote:I SAID IN A PREVIOUS POST:
"Now, do I think Waverly can win, YES. Waverly has to play a great game to do so. They will have to limit the turnovers, control the glass, limit Yates, play great team defense, hit FT's.

Obviously the Tigers didn't limit the turnovers: I thought I heard them say it was 23 to 13 in turnover ratio.
The Tigers did a good job on the glass and limited Yates (I thought Taylor Ward had another good game and did a great job on Yates).
The Tigers did a TERRIBLRE job at the FT line missing something like 12 for the game, 9 in a row at one point in the 2nd half, most in the 4th quarter.

Waverly has to figure out ways to win these close games instead of finding ways to lose. The Tigers were up 8 at different times in the 4th quarter and couldn't get it done. Turnovers and missed FT's in the 4th KILLED the Tigers.

It doesn't get any easier tomorrow as the Tigers make the trip to the convo to battle a very good Logan Elm Braves squad.

CONGRATULATIONS TO HARRISON MARTIN FOR SCORING HIS 1,000th CAREER POINT TONIGHT! There were a few Valley fans applaud the young man's accomplishment, maybe 10 stood - that's pathetic. And Robertson had to call a timeout for the Waverly fans to give him any kind of recognition. I know Valley treated Leslie from Northwest the same way last year - SAD!
Congrats!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

smurray wrote:I SAID IN A PREVIOUS POST:

Whoa pal....dont start taking shots at ppl. I was watching, and no sooner than the kid put the ball in the net, the coach had the timeout called...and waverly had all the signs and stuff out. Who was the kid scoring 1000 for? Waverly, or Valley? Seems like you were more worried if Valley was cheering for them, I'm sure most the crowd had no idea that was his 1000th until the timeout was called and all that. Whats pathetic is you being pissed about a loss, and bashing people behind a screen.

Congrats to the young man on his 1000th point.

Return to “Boys Basketball”