SHL Upsets.

jojo50
Waterboy

SHL Upsets.

Post by jojo50 »

What sleeper teams should teams watch out for in the SHL?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: SHL Upsets.

Post by Ironman92 »

If we tell you then they won't be sleepers.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Not sure they are sleepers but for a D-4 school in that league Manchester is goig to be good

GreenDevils#1
Freshman Team

Post by GreenDevils#1 »

Manchester is the best team in the SHL hands down, I know everyone says Peebles but they aren't going to be that good without Seaman and Justice is overrated cause all he can do is shoot while standing still he can't shoot off the move and he def can't play defense.

pitchfork
Waterboy

Post by pitchfork »

Akron must share your sentiments greendevils, maybe you could give them a scouting report?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

lol

d young
Riding the Bench

Post by d young »

I'm pretty sure there are not many North Adams fans that share what GreenDevil#1 stated. Blake should go over 2000 points in his varsity career and will challenge Paul Cluxton's SHL boys record of 2111 points. Peebles will miss Seaman and Collier but it would be nice to have that much talent coming back.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

I agree. I doubt someone has over 1500 points at the end of their junior season from standing still....but back to the topic I think as is the case any year in the SHL anyone can beat anyone on any given night. Always come expecting anything!

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Just curious how many D-4 teams are in the shl ?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

lightle04 wrote:Just curious how many D-4 teams are in the shl ?
D4: Fayetteville, Whiteoak, Fairfield, and Manchester

D3: Peebles, North Adams, West Union, Ripley, Eastern Brown, Lynchburg-Clay

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Ok thanks I was just curious there's a couple of teams there if they stay healthy could make a nice run come tourney time I really like Manchester this year our team Western plays them early in the season and then plays Peebles late

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

lightle04 wrote:Ok thanks I was just curious there's a couple of teams there if they stay healthy could make a nice run come tourney time I really like Manchester this year our team Western plays them early in the season and then plays Peebles late
Yes Manchester, Peebles, Ripley, and Fairfield all have a very strong shot a making a lengthy run in the tourny. All of which has the potential to make it to the regional level......Ripley the least of which though as they will undoubtably have to face Cincinnati Taft to advance out of their district.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

I'm just curious: how many of you guys were surprised by Eastern Brown last year?

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

I was not that supprised with the Eastern Brown tourney run last year, Peebles was lucky to beat them in the last minutes on their home floor and you can never overlook a Rob Beuchler coached team.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

peeblesfan97 wrote:I was not that supprised with the Eastern Brown tourney run last year, Peebles was lucky to beat them in the last minutes on their home floor and you can never overlook a Rob Beuchler coached team.
His coaching is also the reason I think this year's Eastern Brown team could step up and beat another that chooses to overlook them.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

I heard West Union's new coach is 20 years old and not an education major or anything of that sort?

SportyOne
Riding the Bench

Post by SportyOne »

Runner00 wrote:I heard West Union's new coach is 20 years old and not an education major or anything of that sort?
As long as he is a good coach that is all that matters.

royalsbeast
Waterboy

Post by royalsbeast »

eastern is good team and we will see how good they can hande a real good team tonight in manchester..but other than that u can never count them out

Return to “Boys Basketball”