Coaching Changes in Southern/Southeastern Ohio for 2011-12?

theuglytruth
Varsity

Re: Coaching Changes in Southern/Southeastern Ohio for 2011-

Post by theuglytruth »

East Clinton- Adam Webber
CNE- Jason Iles

to add a couple

gorockets2
Riding the Bench

Post by gorockets2 »

My opinion on the wellston hire. I have lived in wellston my whole life. I played for coach Derrow in the early 90's. When I heard chris graham was hired I was kinda shocked. Don't get me wrong chris is a great guy but has no coaching experience at all. What I read in the paper he coached a few years in the junior high leavels but has been out of the game for 4 years? I know most of the coaches on wellston staff why not go with one the kids have played for already? Just don't understand this hire by wellston at all.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

sparky wrote:what happened to villinger at valley?
My understanding is that they had a fairly large enrollment drop and had to cut some teachers and he was one of the cuts. I am not sure if he has another teaching job or where he landed.

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

coach Villinger was one of the cuts at valley ....however in all of recounting and reassigning going on troughout the system ....he and another teacher were brought back...... after both
had gotten on as coaches at Shawnee state one for head volleyball and Villinger for one of the assts for mens basketball... and are teaching at valley also

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Pfloyd...Glad to see you are ready to start another hoops season. If all goes well, this will be my 58th year...Getting kind of old (77) but being around the kids all year makes me feel lots younger. Gonna miss Steve Ebert if he can't make it this year.

Big Blue will have a hard time this year but Coach Moore and his staff will work hard to get as much out of the boys as they can.

Season starts in just six weeks. It will be here before we know it.

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

jay lucas will be coaching coal grove instead of randy ward

Sawdust
Freshman Team

Post by Sawdust »

I see an 0-fer for the next several years at CG. Hornets are EVERYBODIES homecoming game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Who is the longest tenured coach at their current school? Maddox?

The coach at WCH?

CoyDuke
Freshman Team

Post by CoyDuke »

Actually, they just hired a new coach at WCH...Shannon Bartruff.

In the Southeast Id say either Maddox at Warren, Buechler from Eastern Brown, Combs at Vinton, Stiverson from Logan Elm, or Barrick from Burg.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

socfan wrote:Recent JV Coach and former Green Devil Nathan Copas is taking over at the helm of the North Adams Boys Basketball program.

Copas was a great player for Rio Grande. Glad to see him get the NA job.

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

hey sawdust you wanna place a bet on that. cg will be much improved now that ward is out of the picture.send green up our way for a scrimmage and check out the grove.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Guess Blue Devils start conditioning drills Monday. Will have mandatory meeting with parents on Thursday, Nov. 3 at the high school auditorium.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

If he is still at Washington Court House, Gary Shaffer has been there for a very long time (at least 30-35 years), racking up near or over 500 victories in a very good career..........he has led the Blue Lions to several regional appearances........Travis Robertson, Jeff Shaw, Dustin Pfeiffer, Brandon Gray, and John Denen have been some of the outstanding players who have played for Coach Shaffer. I remember watching Travis Robertson, now coach of Waverly, make a 40 foot shot at the buzzer in the regionals to beat Whitehall who had Samaki Walker at the time.

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

Jason Smith is now head coach at Frankfort Adena

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... New faces court side for quite a few schools this season ... here's a Pre-season "toast" to ALL of the COACHES both veterans and rookies alike - "to a great season for all, set goals, work hard to reach those goals ... "expect" the most out of your players - be patient AND a "coach/teacher" when those expectations fall short ... instill the life lesson that nothing worthwhile comes easy, it must be worked for - the true competitor knows this already, the rest? those are the ones that will make or break your season, those are the ones that YOU as "teacher" must get to see the light, while balancing the competitors with the mantra of "improving means NEVER being satisfied" ... lace'm up and tip 'm off ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”