Menu of Games for ZT Tip Off Classic ?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Menu of Games for ZT Tip Off Classic ?

Post by pfloyd »

... thought I would blow the dust off the ole keyboard and see if anyone had the confirmed dates for the Zane Trace Tip Off Classic along with the teams which will be participating this year ... I have made the ZT Classic the Pfloyd Tour's initial stop for the last 4 or 5 years (at least) ... always great hoops, good opportunity to see some of the SVC teams, those Red/White Logan Elm Braves as well have been on the lineup of teams - Coach Stiverson seems to have his boys in mid season form taking on some of the bigger C'bus area teams each year in usually the marque matchup ...

... seems like that last week in Nov and first week in December are a looonnnnng way off BUT there's already 2 weeks of football in the books ... tick tick tick ...

bman
SEO

Re: Menu of Games for ZT Tip Off Classic ?

Post by bman »

Someone from ZT will have to post the exact schedule. Days of the event though are Friday, Dec. 3 and Saturday, Dec. 4.

I do know Bloom-Carroll, who got Lancaster's best player to transfer in and should be loaded, plays Lucasville Valley at 645pm on Friday night. The Heartbreakers are my pick to win the MSL-Buckeye this year. Following BC is Logan Elm playing Hillsboro.

Westfall plays on Saturday and that's all I know.

newlex/sheridan
Varsity

Post by newlex/sheridan »

Where did the albanese boy from lancaster (current soph guard) decide to go? He was showing up at open gyms around the area (talked about Carrol, Sheridan, Fisher, Rosecrans as possible destinations) in the spring and summer. Was curious. Seems like Lancaster's bball program is losing a lot of players.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Not sure. Except for football, Lancaster has been struggling in a lot of its sports. The big pay-to-play fee they had a couple years ago affected their numbers and maybe some of those kids never came back out in the other sports.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

...tick tick tick ... the football season is HALF over - conditioning for hoops has begun ... tick tick tick ... open gyms have been held for weeks now ... that distinctive sound of basketball shoes on the hardwood is getting louder ... Dec 3rd and 4th at Zane Trace is on the Pfloyd 2010-11 Tour of Southern/Southeastern Ohio hoops menu ...

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

Me and you both pfloyd.

rick uhrig
Waterboy

Post by rick uhrig »

Huntington vs. Lynchburg-Clay 5:00 Friday Dec.3.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks rick for your info on Huntington vs Lynchburg Clay ... it's always good to get to see one of those SHL teams in action - hard to get down that direction on the "Pfloyd Tour" AND get back to the Hocking Hills area in one piece LOL ...

... does anyone have the FULL Menu of games for the ZT Tip-Off Classic ?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... bman - that lineup for Friday looks GREAT!!! ... I talked to BC's Coach Petty in August - Coach was very excited about his incoming squad for this season ... said that the early part of the season MAY BE spent on the road due to the issues with their home court BUT as far as personnel goes - all is good in Bulldog Country ... look forward to seeing BC vs what should be a very good Lucasville Valley Indians ball club ... Coach Stiverson & Logan Elm vs Hillsboro? want to see the Braves for the first time without a Blake on the floor in in in I don't know how long- I can't remember an LE team without a Blake on the floor LOL ... should be an excellent opening night of hoops ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... tick tick tick ... I hear basketballs being dribbled, the ball hitting off the rim (the boyz are getting the rust knocked off the shooting) ...weights clanging ... the sounds of the season to be - starting to even smell a lot like "hoops Below the Line" ...

... any information on the FULL MENU of games for the Tip Off Classic at ZT ??? ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Ironton?, Chesapeake?, Portsmouth? Chillicothe? Warren? Piketon?, Waverly? Peebles? Wheelersburg? Lucasville Valley?, Logan Elm?, Greenfield MCClain?, Manchester? Vinton County?, Washington CH?, Oak Hill?, Trimble? Unioto? Eastern Pike? Western Pike? Federal Hocking? Athens? Sheridan? Reedsville Eastern? Green?Marietta? Gallia Academy? Alexander? Hillsboro? LOGAN ??????????? ... Which teams crack the Preseason Elite 8? ... getting info together for the early November Preseason Picks ...

CoyDuke
Freshman Team

Post by CoyDuke »

Friday December 3rd

5:00 Huntington vs Lynchburg

6:45 Lucasville Valley vs Bloom Carroll

8:30 Hillsboro vs Logan Elm

Saturday December 4th

12:00 Zane Trace Girls vs Alexander

1:45 Westfall vs West Union

3:30 North Adams vs Alexander

5:00 Zane Trace vs Eastern Brown

6:45 Vinton County vs Fairfield

8:30 Piketon vs Greenfield

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

CoyDuke you are the man! thanks for the finalized game menu for the ZT Tip Off Classic ... looks like 2 great days (or evening and a day) of high school hoops ... any information on what Zane Trace will bring to the court this season???

Pioneer_football
Waterboy

Post by Pioneer_football »

I heard from a couple of the players from ZT that eastern brown dropped so ZT is playing Africentric High School out of Columbus instead

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Is last years coaching staff for ZT intact for THIS season ?

Return to “Boys Basketball”