SHL 2010-11

Best Overall

Total votes: 0

airforcejm
Varsity

Re: SHL 2010-11

Post by airforcejm »

Looks like Manchester has a tough schedule this year. I'm looking forward to the Peebles/St Pat game. I like seeing OH/KY schools play each other.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

airforcejm wrote:Looks like Manchester has a tough schedule this year. I'm looking forward to the Peebles/St Pat game. I like seeing OH/KY schools play each other.
It would have been awesome if Peebles could have played Mason County this year. It would have been nice seeing Treg get to play his hometown team before he graduated.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles went 6-0 tonight against Eastern Pike. JV last I saw had won 3 of 4...they played two more after I left but im not sure of the outcome.

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
airforcejm wrote:Looks like Manchester has a tough schedule this year. I'm looking forward to the Peebles/St Pat game. I like seeing OH/KY schools play each other.
It would have been awesome if Peebles could have played Mason County this year. It would have been nice seeing Treg get to play his hometown team before he graduated.
I agree. I'm not sure if Mason County would play an SHL team though. I would definitely like see more games played across the river with the local teams. Basketball wise, I think the last time was when Ripley played Fleming County. I could be wrong though. In 2005 Manchester was scheduled to play Deming but the game ended up getting cancelled for weather. I know they do it quite a bit with other sports but it would be nice seeing more basketball games, especially against Mason County.

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

I just looked at everyone elses schedule outside of Manchester and Peebles for the first time. Looks like Peebles, Eastern, and West Union all play St Pat this year. You probably already knew that Tribe but i've been under a rock for the past few weeks. Ripley and
Fleming play again also. Unfortunately i'll be overseas when all of the games happen so I wont be able to root on the SHL.

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

What's up with Peebles and Fairfield playing at "The Ohio State University" ? How did that happen? Should be a great experience for the kids.

royalsbeast
Waterboy

Post by royalsbeast »

Andy Countryman-6'1"-PG-Sr
Trent Arey-5'9"/5'10"-PG-Soph
Blake Justice-6'2"-SG-Sr
Tyler McFarland-6'0"/6'1"-SG-Sr
Jacob Daniels-6'5"/6'6"-Post-Jr
Brandon Leedy-6'3"/6'4"-Post-Sr
Josh Chandler-6'1"-F-Soph
Mason Johnson-6'1"-F-Soph
Jerison Harper-5'10"-SG-Sr
AJ Chamblin-6'1"-F-Sr
Tyler Gray-6'3"/6'4"-F/Post-Soph
Adam King-5'9"/5'10"-PG-Jr
Matt McAdow-5'9"?-PG-Soph

royalsbeast
Waterboy

Post by royalsbeast »

It would have been awesome if Peebles could have played Mason County this year. It would have been nice seeing Treg get to play his hometown team before he graduated.....theres no chance a team in shl could beat mason county..the only team that would have best chance is manchester cause of their speed..but other than that i dont think any of em can

royalsbeast
Waterboy

Post by royalsbeast »

the last post i made is a response to a comment from airforcejm..my comment starts from theres no chance

ty.stephens
Freshman Team

Post by ty.stephens »

Greyhound,
Thanks for coming into the forum and showing us how smart you really are. Peebles has no one other than justice? Are you kidding? Doesn't surprise me though coming from someone thats clueless about the game.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

PHSfan14 wrote:Greyhound,
Thanks for coming into the forum and showing us how smart you really are. Peebles has no one other than justice? Are you kidding? Doesn't surprise me though coming from someone thats clueless about the game.
His comments regarding Justice were ignorant as well.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

greyhound#1 wrote:It would have been awesome if Peebles could have played Mason County this year. It would have been nice seeing Treg get to play his hometown team before he graduated.....theres no chance a team in shl could beat mason county..the only team that would have best chance is manchester cause of their speed..but other than that i dont think any of em can
Manchester would get manhandled by Mason County. If any SHL team would have a chance against them it would be Peebles. We have the best player in the league in Justice and the best point gaurd in Andy Countryman plus the depth in the post to at least limit the production of MC's bigs. Blevins on Setty would be a complete mismatch in Mason County's favor. I wouldnt talk about being afraid to bring the ball in the post either if I were you, Blevins seems to be all too willing to survive off what he can get from outside the post when faced with a challenge in it.

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

Wow, I love it. Peebles -vs- Manchester is going to be intense not once, but twice. That aside, I think Fairfield, Ripley and Eastern Brown will be tough also and you can't forget about the Lynchburg-clay's of the SHL, as Peebles barely escaped with a last second shot at Lynchburg last year. The more success a team has the bigger the bullseye on their back grows along with the pressure, and they will get everyone's "A" game.

ty.stephens
Freshman Team

Post by ty.stephens »

Can't wait for peebles vs manchester. Going to be a great matchup. Call me biased but Peebles walks away both times with a WIN.

airforcejm
Varsity

Post by airforcejm »

It's definitely going to be intense but I guess thats a good thing. I'd say they will split with each team getting a win. Mason County isn't unbeatable and i'm sure an SHL team could win a game against them. Anyway did SHL's preview already happen?

royalsbeast
Waterboy

Post by royalsbeast »

manchester will win both matchups against peebles...and they will be tense games they might even need law to seperate em lol...peebles does not have enough speed to handle the guards on mc..countryman is good but not as good as the back up pg's at mc...and phs fan yeah just like everyone in peebles thought theyd go undefeated in league and reg. season last year but manchester put an end to their dreams

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

greyhound#1 wrote:manchester will win both matchups against peebles...and they will be tense games they might even need law to seperate em lol...peebles does not have enough speed to handle the guards on mc..countryman is good but not as good as the back up pg's at mc...and phs fan yeah just like everyone in peebles thought theyd go undefeated in league and reg. season last year but manchester put an end to their dreams
Some of Mason County's team came up for an open gym over the summer and lost every game they played. All the players were on the varsity roster and Treg played with them. Jordan Gilbert may have the edge on Andy but to say he couldnt handle the back ups is an overexaggeration. We might not beat the Royals but we wouldnt be a pushover either.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles is 2-1 at the moment at Vinton County. With wins over Vinton County and Marietta and their loss coming from VC in the first game.

peeblesfan97
JV Team

Post by peeblesfan97 »

greyhound#1
Peebles and Manchester split their respective games last season actually beating each other on their home floors and were both two good ball clubs, however at least Peebles had a chance of getting the gold ball going into their last game, so I would not brag until you can say the same of Manchester. And you can not seriously think their backup guards are better than Countryman...wake up.
Last edited by peeblesfan97 on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

spartansneverdie
Waterboy

Post by spartansneverdie »

I'm sorry but I see no team comming close to touching Mason County. No one in the SHL has anyone to stop Setty(sp?). Setty(sp?) would just shoot all day and then drive in and dunk over the tallest players in the SHL(Cox,Blevins). As much as I would love for an SHL team to come close to beating MC. None of the teams would come within 30. This is unbiased too, as I am from Manchester. I'm tired and I dont feel like putting the other players from MC and it doesn't matter anyways. Because no one from the SHL can stop Setty(sp?).

Return to “Boys Basketball”