Gallia Academy Blue Devil's 2010-11

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Re: GALLIA ACADEMY BLUE DEVIL BASKETBALL 2010-11

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

seohhoops wrote:With that statement Blue_nd_Gray I assume you know what its like to be a head coach and what the transition from JV to Varsity coaching is like? Make no bones about, Coach Moore can flat out coach. And I agree with 4ever. Summer league means nothing. I spoke to Coach Moore and he said he played the kids that went. In no way was the whole team together at every game, nor was the offense and defense implemented. Do I think GAHS will be dominate, good, or not so good, only time answers that question. I do know, and am thankful, that we will see a modern basketball team that has fun playing the game on the floor with Coach M at the helm. Bring on the roundball.

Guess we will wait and see? You and i both have no idea what we are going to see from the Blue Devils? Last year he racked up a few wins with a totally junior team against most other schools freshmen and sophomores?
Ozzie knew basketball!!

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Re: Gallia Academy Blue Devil's 2010-11

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

gahs4ever wrote:I havent been able to get out to the open gyms or the summer league at Jackson yet; although I hope to very soon, so hopefully Jottings will come on here and not only fill in the holes, but bring his usual outstanding insights into the makeup and direction the Blue Devils hope to go this coming winter.

This thread and my contributions to it will be a work in progress as my mind gets back into basketball mode after an exciting and highly successful spring sports season at GAHS.

For now, suffice it to say that the TOM MOORE era offically begins this year in Centenary as he moves up from a successful stint as JV coach the last 6-7 years or so to take the reins of the Blue Devils.

Last year's 7-14 edition featured seven seniors, which created a logjam for the underclasses. The juniors for the most part split time between JV and varsity and with few exceptions they got most of their playing time on JV. The seven wins came against River Valley (2), Marietta (2), Jackson, Meigs, and Rock Hill.

Gone is the Class of 2010: Corey Eberhard, Jordan Cornwell, Nate Allison, Nick Mitchell, Chuck Calvert, John Troester, and Nathaniel Gordon.

Returning as seniors: 6'1" Ethan Moore and 6'1" Jared Golden, who will be playing their fourth year on varsity; 6'2" Tyler (Sugie) Eastman, 5'9" Austin Wilson, 6' Cody Billings, 5'8" Ben Robinson (who missed almost all of last year with high ankle problems) and 6'5" Joe Jenkins.

Juniors fighting for positions inlude: Sean Long, Joel Johnston, Drew Young, Casey Lawrence, Tim Warner, Caleb Craft, Nick Saunders.

I know Im forgetting someone, but it's 4:30 am and my brain is tired. This will provide a start and hopefully this will be a thread that will take us into December and basketball season.

Calling Jottings!!!
Austin Wilson is 5' 9" tall? (cough) Wow Growth Spurt

You forgot 6' 9" Bryce Amos ROFLMAO

PEAKE POWER
Freshman Team

Post by PEAKE POWER »

You might want to put that run and shoot style away til after your opener or it could get ugly.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

PEAKE POWER wrote:You might want to put that run and shoot style away til after your opener or it could get ugly.

IMHO if we try to run and press Chesapeake we will get blown out in the first quarter,i made it a point to go watch the panthers last year and was very impressed.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Blue_nd_Gray wrote:
PEAKE POWER wrote:You might want to put that run and shoot style away til after your opener or it could get ugly.

IMHO if we try to run and press Chesapeake we will get blown out in the first quarter,i made it a point to go watch the panthers last year and was very impressed.

We???

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

Raiderball wrote:
Blue_nd_Gray wrote:

We???
That word means yourself and another person or group of persons,not exact definition you did get the pronunciation right though! Hope i helped?
Nice job (:

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

O MY!!! OZ was a good coach , I was in school when he came to GA ! Nothing bad I can say at all !!! But you got to move on , good luck to the new coach!!! Don't hurt the program like football was in,"click" and after a 7-3 season imo most does not welcome!!! :( :( :(

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

Don't hurt the program like football was in,"click" and after a 7-3 season imo most does not welcome!!! :( :( :([/quote]

what does that mean:?:

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

There are some that don't except the new football coach and never will "click" the GA program was in a down spin with the old. and the new coach made me eat crow 7-3!!! 5-5 was the best I could say this season lol!!! lets wait to next season good luck to both new coaches.

big blue c
Waterboy

Post by big blue c »

Hope coach Moore and GA have a good season, we will be there to root the big blue on.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

When will GAHS play at Oak Hill in the pre-season opener? Anybody have the Blue Devils' scrimmage dates and time.

Are we gonna play at Wheelersburg this year?

Anybody have a practice schedule for the boys?

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

I thought Wheelersburg ended the series because traveling to Gallipolis was "Too Far."

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

It's on the Bob Evans-Willis Funeral Home (big schedule). GAHS 4-Ever pointed out he can't find it on the school web site.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Apparently GAHS just has 19 games on tap this year without the Wheelersburg game on Feb. 5, according to the GAHS website.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Will GAHS scrimmage anybody Saturday, Nov. 13?

BLUEDEVILFAN6
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEDEVILFAN6 »

Gahs scrimmages wellston. Oak hill and eastern

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Is that scrimmage Saturday or Wednesday at Wellston?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Understand the Blue Devils first scrommage on Wednesday, Nov. 17 will be held at Gallipolis because Wellston's floor is undergoing repairs.

The Gallians play-in game will be at Oak Hill on Tuesday, Nov. 23, around 7:30 p.m., or after the girls play-in game that begins at 6 p.m.

GAHS is also slated to scrimmage Eastern on Saturday, Nov. 27.

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

How did the scrimmage go?

Return to “Boys Basketball”