Tom Moore Introduced As New Head Coach At Gallia Academy

JChipwood
All Conference

Re: Tom Moore Introduced As New Head Coach At Gallia Academy

Post by JChipwood »

^^^^^

Great post! Anyone that has spent any time around the program recently knows Tom's desire and ability to coach and most importantly, like I have said numerous times, the kids love playing for him which may end a huge trend recently in the GAHS basketball program and in time will pay off huge. Things will be much the same and Oz's philosophies will not be lost nor will the preparation. Hopefully the jh coaches remain and continue to prepare kids for the varsity level and moreover, the kids continue to play after they get into high school.

I don't think anyone in the community does or will take Oz's contributions for granted and all this banner kind of takes the luster away from what he actually accomplished but the people following the program closely over the past years seem to be the ones less shocked about the decision. The outside perception can only look at numbers and history which is certainly on Coach's side. And former players and associates no longer living in the area or not "in the know" concerning the kids at GAHS really don't know the depth of the situation.

We really need to get back in the gym next winter and show some support to this program again!!!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Talked to Coach Osborne last night at the tennis tournaments in Portsmouth.......glad to see him in better spirits.......one of my all time favorite people in high school basketball, and I wish him the best with his future.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Will the Gallipolis City School Board name Coach Moore's varsity basketball assistant, reserve, freshman, eighth grade and seventh grade coaches during its May meeing Wednesday?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Any word out there on summer camps or open gym?

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

Why would a school district get rid of a proven winner to hire his nonproven jv coach? I think i will go down to barnett fords and trade my 2008 expedition in for a 1999 fiesta. that makes sense.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Understand ex-Gallia Academy Coach James P. Osborne will be hired as a physical education instructor at the University of Rio Grande this fall. Congratulations, coach.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Very good news! I guess this means coach will be staying in the area. Hope to see him at some of the GAHS sporting events.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

at the rinky dink level he coached all-star teams, at the JV level he coached a team of Jr's,Now we see what he knows against the BIG BOYS,should be interesting!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”