Chesapeake vs. Lima Central Catholic (State Semi-Final)

the_one
Waterboy

Re: Chesapeake vs. Lima Central Catholic (State Semi-Final)

Post by the_one »

peake wrote:I don't see anything wrong with what he said. I am no basketball genious but I feel I know enough.

The guy said he didn't think Central Catholic was that good after a LCC fan came on here and calimed them world beaters. I don't think he meant they were bad, only that they are not as good as the previous poster was maing them out to be. Did anyone honestly think that team was great? There is nothing wrong with being solid across the board imo.

You honestly think the guy is pinning the loss on Kennedy? He said he didn't think he would go scoreless. Fact---he went scoreless. That hurt no matter how you look at it. Aaron Gossett was the District Player of the Year his senior year and in the Regional Semi's scored 0 points. I am sure most people would have never thought he would go scoreless. Fact---he did. No one is putting a loss on anyone. Stop being over sensitive.

It is my opinion that he is saying that the match ups gave Chesapeake fits, and that a smaller Ironton team would have matched up better, not that he wanted Ironton to replace Chesapeake. With a mismatch someone has to control the game. Either LCC and there smaller lineup or Chesapeake and their bigger line. I wasn't at the game so all I can go on is the radio broadcast.

I am proud of Chesapeake as are all Chesapeake fans. You going to educate Buckeye fan? :roll:

First off, point out where I called LCC "worldbeaters." I'll wait, but you won't find it because I never said it.

Second off, all I did was point out facts about the game. LCC did not make a single three, and only attempted four. Both of those are well below season averages (I'll get to why in a second). Also, I pointed out that LCC had way too many turnovers, which is also true. I even went as far to single out #3 on Chesapeake as causing a lot of those turnovers due to his excellent quickness.

As for how the two teams matched up, LCC would beat Chesapeake 10 out of 10 times if Chesapeake decided to play man defense in each contest. They just didn't have the quickness to handle LCC's four guards. There was a mismatch no matter what line-up they went with in man situations, because LCC could give it to #14 and he's hurt you himself, or #10 would drive and find an open guy for a lay-up after the collapse (though #10 didn't play as well as usual). That is not a slam on Chesapeake, but just the reality of the situation... they simply didn't have the quickness to beat LCC if they chose to play man, which they did.

You guys had a nice team, and I said nothing negative about your team whatsoever, or boast that LCC was unbeateable. But when someone puts words in my mouth and acts as if I did, I have no choice but to respond.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

As for how the two teams matched up, LCC would beat Chesapeake 10 out of 10 times if Chesapeake decided to play man defense in each contest

Exactly the reason I responded to your post the way I did. I disagree. Your pressure on defense hurt Chesapeake more then anything. I didn't think we defended badly we just couldn't handle your pressure. I don't think your Chesaepake would lose 10 out of 10 if they played man quote is accurate.

I don't care if you respond, you are entitled to do so.

I think if Chesapeake and LCC play 10 times it looks a lot more like 6-4 LCC rather then 10-0, jmo.

Last thing I am going to say about Colin. Glad he is here, glad he plays for us. I simply stated him not scoring was a surprise. It would have been like the 2000 team going to state and Delimpo or Zeb not scoring. It would be a surprise to most. This is not a personal hit, so please stop taking it that way. I explained it very clearly to you p4l.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

LCC just beat Orrville, barely, to win State - so Chesapeake lost in the semifinal to the eventual State Champions - nothing shabby about that kind of loss, is there?

Return to “Boys Basketball”